Community
Wiki Posts
Search

QF10 - Avoiding Iranian Airspace

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2020, 3:10 pm

Programs: VA Platinum, QR Platinum, QF Gold, ITA Executive, HH Diamond, Accor Plus Diamond
Originally Posted by number_6
Not sure what you mean by inflated price, I looked at booking MEL-LHR in December and price was identical (within $100) for QF via SIN or PER and for EK and even EY (which is usually cheaper). Glad now that I didn't book EK, EY or QR (they are continuing to fly through Iraqi airspace though not through Iran airspace). Going via HKG or SIN is pretty good alternative.
When we went a couple of months ago from ADL, QR ADL-DOH-LHR was about $800 cheaper than ADL-MEL-SIN-LHR with QF and the ADL-PER-LHR QF9/10 was another $1600 on top of that!
Ive done that trip before and find the QF 787 J seating horrible so do anything to avoid them.
Heading back in March and paid a little bit more for SQ this time
Old Jan 10, 2020, 4:05 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Maybe AJ will regret boasting that QF expects to charge 30% price premium for the ULH/Sunrise flights (or some such words).
AdelaideAce likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.