Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Upgrade question how to apply to segments?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Upgrade question how to apply to segments?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2024, 1:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NZ Elite; QF Platinum; CZ Gold; MU Platinum; Marriott Titanium; Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by pythonisman
Good stuff. Obviously the Olympics will play a part (as it could be people start paying any money they can to get there), but being in PE and QF Platinum you should hopefully have a decent shot at an upgrade for long flights if there are J seats available. J on the 787 is a great place to be.

If you're able to select a bulkhead seat in PE it's not too bad, with no-one reclining into you it is possible to find a position to sleep in (I found recently anyway).
very happy upgrade confirmed for such a long flight

I'm allocated 4k and surprisingly I have a choice of seats, while the true window seats are all gone, the back cabin has both bulkhead windows and five of the six middle seats.

would you move there or stay in 4k?

thanks
Old Jul 14, 2024, 7:32 pm

Programs: BA GGL; SK EBG; QF LTG; Hilton Diamond, A-Club Platinum, Marriott Platinum
congrats. I would stay in 4k, my experience of the back cabin has been, running out of food, ignored by crew, and a very long wait for service on top of QF already bizarre long wait for first service. And as you point out, it has seats feee which will be taken by upgrades. If you prefer quiet it may be okay.

I would also look out for a true window, as people miss/change flights.
Old Jul 14, 2024, 9:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NZ Elite; QF Platinum; CZ Gold; MU Platinum; Marriott Titanium; Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Koru Flyer
congrats. I would stay in 4k, my experience of the back cabin has been, running out of food, ignored by crew, and a very long wait for service on top of QF already bizarre long wait for first service. And as you point out, it has seats feee which will be taken by upgrades. If you prefer quiet it may be okay.

I would also look out for a true window, as people miss/change flights.
thank you! Yes great to be upgraded, now a flight I am looking forward to rather than just have to deal with!

I moved to 4E, since its mostly a night flight window is not such a big deal and its a bit more private from the aisle so might be better for sleeping.

if loading stays as empty as it is now, I might be able to switch to a true window on the SYD-PER daytime leg to enjoy the views of the always amazing vastness of Australia (well amazing to me as a non Aussie!), they can't allocate different seats in advance but they prob can at check in.

Old Jul 15, 2024, 3:36 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Originally Posted by oranjemakker
if loading stays as empty as it is now, I might be able to switch to a true window on the SYD-PER daytime leg to enjoy the views of the always amazing vastness of Australia (well amazing to me as a non Aussie!), they can't allocate different seats in advance but they prob can at check in.
Flying the Great Circle Route may rob you of the opportunity of seeing much of what you aspire to - except for the SW of WA and SE of NSW and VIC.
Koru Flyer likes this.
Old Jul 15, 2024, 7:05 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by og
Flying the Great Circle Route may rob you of the opportunity of seeing much of what you aspire to - except for the SW of WA and SE of NSW and VIC.
Ah right, just looked at the route, didnt realise it flew over the ocean for such a big chunk of the domestic leg! Oh well if I get a window seat will try and look out of the bits i can overland
Koru Flyer and og like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.