Community
Wiki Posts
Search

KWI back-to-back, is it doable?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2020, 12:23 pm

Programs: SPG & Marriott Plat Privilege Club Plat
Since it has been more than 2 years of the last response , does someone have updated info about doing a back to back on QR in KWI?

KWI has good fares to US and Canada - and from my experience you cannot pre-print your boarding passes for US/Canada - only Confirmation pass.

So can you get your boarding pass from the transit desk in KWI, without exiting /immigration?

Also if you go to Al Safwa and ask to print your boarding pass from KWI to MIA , before you fly to KWI - they may query why you doing back-to-back OR if you need a visa to KWI - they may argue that flying to KWI and back is not "technically" transit and would need a visa.

I agree what others have mentioned , a transit through MCT is so easy -it is not even manned other than security - you literally can do it in 5 mins - which leave you plenty on time - however due to flying around UAE to get to MCT adds at least extra 30 mins each way - and therefore keen to try KWI.

Regards,
Old Feb 21, 2020, 8:15 am

Programs: BA Gold, Qatar Platinum
I don’t have personal experience, but so many fly into KWI on Qatar and get their boarding passes for Emirates to Dubai at the transfer desk, and vice versa.

the transfer desk is just before the duty free area as you arrive, and as long as hand baggage only, you’ll not need to go through immigration. The transfer desk can get quite busy after EK and QR arrivals, but still clears quite quickly. Also EK and QR most likely will have an air bridge, although there’s always a chance of a bus - but you can still get to the transfer desk without immigration.
Old Aug 20, 2022, 12:02 am

Programs: Life
Any recent experiences on this?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.