Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A380 to/from BKK

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2023, 8:07 am

Originally Posted by Tofino87
Involuntary change, you can change date too if you want to!

HUCA. Keep doing it.

I’ve waited 1h30m for a single agent before and over 2 hours HUCA’ing 5+ agents before to get it done. You often really have to twist their arms and really spell out that it’s an INVOLUNTARY change, the fare rules allow it, and just say you’ve have friends who’ve done it on their tickets too etc.

It 100% can be done - I’ve had it 4/5 times in the last 18 months.
Thanks for the encouragement - I finally got it updated. took 4 calls and finally a supervisor who was willing to do it. it really shouldn't be this hard. they ended up reticketing the whole itinerary which caused the seat assignment on the first leg to disappear and now it is in a different fare class that doesn't have free advance seat assignments...but at least got F/A380 back...

Last edited by xtremester; Apr 10, 2023 at 8:17 am
Old Jul 17, 2023, 1:51 pm

Programs: BA Silver / IHG Platinum Elite / Pan Pacific Gold / Hilton Silver / Accor Silver
I've just had exactly the same happen to me. We're booked on QR832 in early Jan, which was supposed to be on the A380. This has since been changed to a 777 from October onwards. I've just had to get in touch with QR's customer support, who have changed our seats from 14J/K (economy in the 777), but it seems really odd that they hadn't contacted us when the change of aircraft was made to tell us that our seat selection was now invalid. TBH I was worried we were going to be on the receiving end of a downgrade given how few Business seats are available on the 777 service, but that doesn't appear to be the case (thus far).
Old Jul 17, 2023, 2:22 pm

Originally Posted by Jackylad
I've just had exactly the same happen to me. We're booked on QR832 in early Jan, which was supposed to be on the A380. This has since been changed to a 777 from October onwards. I've just had to get in touch with QR's customer support, who have changed our seats from 14J/K (economy in the 777), but it seems really odd that they hadn't contacted us when the change of aircraft was made to tell us that our seat selection was now invalid. TBH I was worried we were going to be on the receiving end of a downgrade given how few Business seats are available on the 777 service, but that doesn't appear to be the case (thus far).
I'm on QR835 on October 18th (currently A380). I was hoping to fly it one more time, and hang out at the bar, but if I get a Qsuite I'm ok with that too.
Old Jul 17, 2023, 2:39 pm

Programs: BA Silver / IHG Platinum Elite / Pan Pacific Gold / Hilton Silver / Accor Silver
Just confirmed that we've got a Qsuite cabin, so that's taken the edge off nicely. Hopefully you'll get the same if there is a change.
Old Jul 17, 2023, 4:27 pm

Was wondering if booked in award F on the A380 and then there ends up being an equipment swap and downgrade to J, what are the options? Seems like posters above were mostly revenue tickets.

Being an award ticket, will QR be unwilling to move to another flight? I'm also surmising that there'd probably be no/minimal points refund if unable to change?
Old Aug 27, 2023, 12:46 pm

Originally Posted by pentiumvi
Was wondering if booked in award F on the A380 and then there ends up being an equipment swap and downgrade to J, what are the options? Seems like posters above were mostly revenue tickets.

Being an award ticket, will QR be unwilling to move to another flight? I'm also surmising that there'd probably be no/minimal points refund if unable to change?
Did you end up making this booking? I'm also looking into using points but not sure with the downgrades now.
Old Aug 28, 2023, 3:20 am

I have a reward booking DOH-BKK F A380 which was swapped out for qsuite 777. QR did offer to move me on to the 0200 A380 flight but I have my inbound from LHR on a separate ticket and didn’t like the shorter connection. I’d also planned to enjoy the long layover in Al Safwa but since the downgrade to J, I lost access to AS. Took a lot of wrangling, but QR eventually agreed to honour AS access during the layover so I accepted the downgrade to J and will go with it. At least it’s qsuite.

Still waiting for the refund in Avios though.
Old Aug 28, 2023, 12:25 pm

Programs: AC 25k, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, National EE
Originally Posted by bellatrix_19
Did you end up making this booking? I'm also looking into using points but not sure with the downgrades now.
In my experience, I had a DOH-BKK that had a downgrade from F to J because of equipment change. I called them and they were able to move me to the other A380 flight in F without an issue. Also it seems like they rebooked me onto a revenue fare code so I'm hoping I get the miles when flying lol
bellatrix_19 likes this.
Old Aug 29, 2023, 3:53 am

I can say from multiple personal experiences, you will receive qpoints and avios according to the fare you booked rather than any bucket you may have been reaccommodated in, ie zilch for an award
Tofino87 and kovy42 like this.
Old Aug 29, 2023, 6:12 pm

Originally Posted by kovy42
In my experience, I had a DOH-BKK that had a downgrade from F to J because of equipment change. I called them and they were able to move me to the other A380 flight in F without an issue. Also it seems like they rebooked me onto a revenue fare code so I'm hoping I get the miles when flying lol
Thanks! Good thing you got rebooked in F.
Old Oct 12, 2023, 7:44 pm

Originally Posted by travellingjake
I have a reward booking DOH-BKK F A380 which was swapped out for qsuite 777. QR did offer to move me on to the 0200 A380 flight but I have my inbound from LHR on a separate ticket and didn’t like the shorter connection. I’d also planned to enjoy the long layover in Al Safwa but since the downgrade to J, I lost access to AS. Took a lot of wrangling, but QR eventually agreed to honour AS access during the layover so I accepted the downgrade to J and will go with it. At least it’s qsuite.

Still waiting for the refund in Avios though.
Did you have to call? Or are the online chat agents able to help?

Update: I guess it's best to call.... talking to the chat agents is like talking to a wall. They just keep insisting they need award availability from origin to destination.

Last edited by pentiumvi; Oct 13, 2023 at 5:50 pm
Old Oct 15, 2023, 1:11 am

I raised it via the official complaints channel. Mostly hit a brick wall but they eventually agreed to honour AS access.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.