Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

SIN Upgrade at check in, Qatar lounge access at SIN?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2024 | 1:39 am
Original Poster

Hi, does anyone know if you upgrade at check in at SIN if this also gives access to the Qatar lounge at SIN? Thanks for any help!
Old Jun 27, 2024 | 2:47 am

Unless you pay the full fare difference to reticket into Business, upgrades retain the benefits and inclusions of the originally paid for fare
Old Jun 27, 2024 | 11:33 pm

Originally Posted by Qsing
Hi, does anyone know if you upgrade at check in at SIN if this also gives access to the Qatar lounge at SIN? Thanks for any help!
I think I have only used it on paid. But if it fits in your schedule, you might prefer the British or Qantas lounges (quite near the SATS lounge). There is also a Qantas first-class lounge (a bit farther away from SATS), this would require platinum (or one-world emerald) status. Doesn't seem to be open for the mid-morning QR flight, and you have to get there real early (before QR check-in opens, so you'd need to do on-line check-in or the "early" check-in at Jewel) if you are on that 2:XX am flight.

Oddly enough, out of all of these, the Qatar lounge is the one that is farthest away from the gate, at least on the flights I've taken.
Old Jun 28, 2024 | 12:04 am

Originally Posted by KingCanute
Unless you pay the full fare difference to reticket into Business, upgrades retain the benefits and inclusions of the originally paid for fare
Is platinum access to al-Safwa an exception to this?

I know I've purchased an economy ticket, failed to upgrade from SIN to DOH, but upgraded the onward leg. They gave me al-Safwa in Doha, but wouldn't let me into the Qatar lounge in SIN, which I find slightly weird.
Old Jun 28, 2024 | 6:33 am
15 Years on Site

Programs: qatar airways platinum
Originally Posted by rberk
Is platinum access to al-Safwa an exception to this?

I know I've purchased an economy ticket, failed to upgrade from SIN to DOH, but upgraded the onward leg. They gave me al-Safwa in Doha, but wouldn't let me into the Qatar lounge in SIN, which I find slightly weird.
Ive had the same from BKK
Old Jun 28, 2024 | 8:24 am

QR are pretty generous with the platinum access to AS, allowing in P tickets as well. It seems that if you are platinum and have a J class BP then that's enough.

But it's only AS that is the platinum perk. That same upgraded or P fare BP would not get a plat in to AM.

And if departing from an outstation in Y then it's probably not surprising they won't let you in. The same "premium fare to enter a premium lounge" rule applies as for AM. Having some later flight departing in a different class from a different airport is unlikely to cut much ice with most airlines.
Old Jun 28, 2024 | 8:37 am
15 Years on Site

Programs: qatar airways platinum
Originally Posted by KingCanute
QR are pretty generous with the platinum access to AS, allowing in P tickets as well. It seems that if you are platinum and have a J class BP then that's enough.

But it's only AS that is the platinum perk. That same upgraded or P fare BP would not get a plat in to AM.

And if departing from an outstation in Y then it's probably not surprising they won't let you in. The same "premium fare to enter a premium lounge" rule applies as for AM. Having some later flight departing in a different class from a different airport is unlikely to cut much ice with most airlines.
But oddly once I was let into the LHR lounge on an upgraded ticket and the time before I wasn't
Old Jun 28, 2024 | 8:44 am

Originally Posted by celtic_warrior
But oddly once I was let into the LHR lounge on an upgraded ticket and the time before I wasn't
I guess you were lucky
Old Jun 28, 2024 | 12:16 pm
5 Years on Site

Programs: QR PC Platinum, TK M&S elite, UA silver, ITA Voltaire Executive (lol), Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by celtic_warrior
Ive had the same from BKK
I’ve seen a few reports over the years that Plats in P or on upgraded tickets still get access to the premium outstation lounges, similar to platinum AS access rules. Never tried it personally though.
Old Jun 28, 2024 | 8:16 pm
15 Years on Site

Programs: QR Platinum, IHG Diamond, GHA Titanium
I was granted entry into SIN premium lounge with an upgraded ticket as a Plat earlier this year
fender5787 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.