Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

E-rewards [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

E-rewards [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10, 2024 | 1:15 pm
50 Countries Visited1M10 Years on Site

Programs: AA Executive Platinum; Hilton Diamond
Any reason to stay with E-rewards?

We all used to earn some serious points here but (as we all know) the devaluation has been terrible. I rarely complete surveys anymore because I either get kicked out or I earn a small number of points. I am thinking of (1) just ending my membership or (2) just simply stop doing any surveys. I am very close to my desired reward and I figure I will get this last award and then do either of those options. Any opinions or advice?

Thanks.
Old Sep 10, 2024 | 11:44 pm

Programs: BA Silver Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci.
I am literally sending error emails daily at the moment; multiple surveys kicking me out with no or low reward beyond the proposed survey time. They always pay up after email but its a serious quality issue
apeortdz likes this.
Old Sep 11, 2024 | 10:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
20 Years on Site

Originally Posted by allturnleft
I am literally sending error emails daily at the moment; multiple surveys kicking me out with no or low reward beyond the proposed survey time. They always pay up after email but its a serious quality issue
Same here.

One recent reply was "our system redirected you to another survey after you finished, hence the error message"

Yes they pay up once you email them. But the frequency of happening is getting absurd - I sent them the requests on 3 surveys 2 nights ago that was not including those $1-$2.5 survey that disqualified me way beyond the initial time stated. I started to keep track of time and take screen shot when there was a bar to indicate how much completed.

Their system is having serious issue, or, this is deliberately designed so they pay out much less while still produce the survey results they are contracted to get since many would just not take the trouble to write them.
allturnleft likes this.
Old Sep 14, 2024 | 11:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
20 Years on Site

Reminder to everybody who is still doing the surveys - make sure you take a screen shot as you are approaching to the finish line!

Last night I had to send 3 requests to request credit - including 1 that at the last screen the screen literally said Now you have completed the survey, click anywhere on the screen to claim your reward - yet after I clicked, what I got was the all too familiar We have closed the survey early because you dont seem to be in the targeted group... That truly irked me especially this was a very long survey requiring viewing 10 Ads with mostly short Videos plus 2 or 3 print Ads. Each Ad followed with 4 screens of at least 7 or 8 questions (strongly agree, somewhat agree, Neither, somewhat disagree, strongly disagree) on each screen (Man, Woman, and if there was a Boy or Girl in the Ad, that too, got the identical set of questions). Though the survey itself wasn't boring.
So I immediately sent them a lengthy complaint together with the screen shot attached.

I did not bother to send a complaint on a $1 survey on Politics that failed in the usual manner - not targeted - after full completion. The other 3 had rewards ranging from $4 to $2.5 especially the one described above, I sent the requests immediately after meeting the ridiculous End of Survey screens.

I suspect they now use AI too much to gauge the speed you do the survey - you would funk its gauge either doing it too fast or too slow, as well as if there are some inconsistency the AI detected as in same questions show up multiple times (happened Very Frequently) but you did not answer the same every time. This means we the participants need to make note on what your answers are.
SPN Lifer and allturnleft like this.
Old Sep 15, 2024 | 6:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
20 Years on Site

Alright folks, this is a new low from eRewards.

Unlike all previous requests that got resolved the next day, the requests I sent on Friday finally got response on 1 request - the most aggravated one about watching 10 Ads and got the final screen to inform me now you have completed the survey, just click anywhere on the screen to get awarded. The screen shot of the last screen is attached to the ticket fwiw.

The response I got and this is the First Time I got this kind of response -it is from Privacy (the email asks your feedback on your complaint), versus it was from eRewards Opinions of all the previous responses on tickets.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for contacting us.

Your ticket has been assigned to an agent, and you can expect a response from them within a day.

We greatly appreciate your patience.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Update - they no longer give full credit despite the screen shot showed you completed the survey. For the $4 they owed they now gave a $2.5 token.

The 2nd email that came from the usual eRewards Opinion on the missing credit

I’ve credited your account with 2.50 points as a token of appreciation for your participation.

While we strive to assess qualifications promptly, it appears you spent a significant amount of time answering questions before being redirected to a different survey.

Last edited by Happy; Sep 15, 2024 at 10:25 pm
Old Oct 2, 2024 | 9:30 pm
10 Countries Visited10 Years on Site

Programs: Air: Many; Hotel: HH D, HY G, IHG P, MR S, RR
Does anyone know if e-rewards transfers to Choice Privileges program extends the expiration date of Choice points? I looked at Choice's FAQ, but e-rewards transfers weren't addressed in the examples of things that count towards qualifying activity or are considered to be non-qualifying activity from the perspective of keeping points active. Thanks for any feedback!
Old Oct 2, 2024 | 9:33 pm
10 Countries Visited20 Countries Visited30 Countries Visited15 Years on Site

Programs: AA, SWA, CO, UA, PC Plat, HH Gold, SPG
Originally Posted by needtoescape
Does anyone know if e-rewards transfers to Choice Privileges program extends the expiration date of Choice points? I looked at Choice's FAQ, but e-rewards transfers weren't addressed in the examples of things that count towards qualifying activity or are considered to be non-qualifying activity from the perspective of keeping points active. Thanks for any feedback!
The only activity I ever have with Choice is through e-rewards and it has kept the account open. The rules I saw said getting points from any partner - which I would guess is what e-rewards is considered.
Old Oct 3, 2024 | 8:05 am
10 Countries Visited10 Years on Site

Programs: Air: Many; Hotel: HH D, HY G, IHG P, MR S, RR
Originally Posted by bj2757
The only activity I ever have with Choice is through e-rewards and it has kept the account open. The rules I saw said getting points from any partner - which I would guess is what e-rewards is considered.
Thanks, I did see in the FAQs that when Choice members gift points to another member, that the activity is considered non-qualifying for the member who gifts points but qualifying for the member who receives points. This seems consistent with your understanding that any activity that adds points to an account counts as qualifying. Oddly, the FAQ about what is qualifying specifically notes that credit card points and purchasing points are qualifying, but doesn't mention any other partner activities.

Edited to add: I checked the "Program Information" section and it has the broader interpretation of qualifying activities including all partners "Qualifying Activities include completing a qualified point-eligible stay, redeeming Choice Privileges points, earning Choice Privileges points from a purchase from using your Choice Privileges Mastercard card, earning points with one of our partner programs, purchasing Choice Privileges points, or referring a friend."

Last edited by needtoescape; Oct 3, 2024 at 8:19 am
Old Oct 4, 2024 | 9:41 am
10 Countries Visited20 Countries Visited30 Countries Visited20 Years on Site

Programs: UA Premier Gold, AA, DL, IHG Diamond Amb, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver, National
I'm another one of the long-time e-rewards active members who has been quietly moaning and groaning about the new lower point values and the increased disqualifications after completing surveys. So, I have to admit I was pleasantly surprised when I got home from an overseas trip the other day, logged into my account and found a 10 point Business & Employment survey (usually my least favorite) that I was actually able to complete. Whoohoo! Then went back into my surveys and found another one, same value, same format, same sponsor (Ipsos), just different subjects (not really business and employment.) Completed that one, checked my offers and found a similar third survey, which I also completed.

So my welcome back to the States was 30 points in about an hour, just enough to allow me to redeem for another 2K United miles. Color me a happy camper for the first time in a while!
beachmouse likes this.

Last edited by bob12403; Oct 4, 2024 at 12:04 pm
Old Oct 4, 2024 | 12:10 pm
10 Years on Site

Programs: BA Gold. Flying Blue Gold. Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Plat AMB, Radisson Gold, Marriott Gold
Really fed up with the number of surveys that screen out beyond the 100% point now. Latest culprit being a survey on investment platforms sponsored by Robinhood (survey sponsor is revealed at the end). Agreed to let them process my personal data when submitting the survey and then, wham, "sorry, we've ended the survey early".

Also noticed that (as per Happy's post above), eRewards are no longer giving the correct reward so easily after contacting them either. It seems to be such a common problem now that "Privacy" send an automated response asking for further info!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.