Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

SAS Partner Lounges [from Sep 1st onwards]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SAS Partner Lounges [from Sep 1st onwards]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2024 | 2:31 pm
5 Years on Site

Programs: EBD (*G) & Delta Gold Medallion (STE+)
Considering that the move to ST has its disadvantages and that the changes to points accrual has made EuroBonus a lot worse these changes seems to be a significant improvement.

Seems that no airport that currently has a lounge in Europe will lose it entirely (obviously it will be business rather than Senator etc) and then the ST lounges will be added (better lounge in AMS and much better access hopefully at CDG).

Or am I missing something?

I am not sure how many ST lounges there are outside NL and FR so not doing this would almost have removed all lounge access in Europe I guess?
Old Jul 27, 2024 | 7:50 pm
10 Countries Visited10 Years on Site

Programs: SAS EBS / ST Elite, Hilton Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Platinum Ambassador
Originally Posted by SASegments
(obviously it will be business rather than Senator etc)
Also contract lounges instead of airline lounges at several airports..
​​​​​​
Btw, it seems no lounge access will be provided at CDG which is quite a fail if you ask me...
dark_phoenix likes this.
Old Jul 31, 2024 | 4:53 am
5 Years on Site

Programs: SAS EBD, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, United MileagePlus Silver, AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by the810
Also contract lounges instead of airline lounges at several airports..
​​​​​​
Btw, it seems no lounge access will be provided at CDG which is quite a fail if you ask me...
It is a fail for sure, but I don't know how they solve for that without moving terminals. The *A lounge behind passport control is a PITA and the queues to get back over to the Schengen side are always unpredictable.

I am looking at this as an opportunity to fly AF more from CDG since I will have the option to put my points into FB or EB (although I will probably still use SAS on the outbound so I can avoid ARN T2).
Old Jul 31, 2024 | 5:10 am
40 Countries Visited500k40 Nights10 Years on Site

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by dark_phoenix
It is a fail for sure, but I don't know how they solve for that without moving terminals.
They did move terminals, they have been flying from 2B since 16th July. The problem is that they didn't move to 2F instead.
Old Jul 31, 2024 | 5:44 am
5 Years on Site

Programs: SAS EBD, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, United MileagePlus Silver, AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by gojko88
They did move terminals, they have been flying from 2B since 16th July. The problem is that they didn't move to 2F instead.
So....we still end up without access to a lounge right? 🤷🏾
Old Jul 31, 2024 | 5:53 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
30 Countries Visited2M20 Years on Site

Programs: LH SEN
2B has an excellent contract lounge which probably costs a pretty penny to contract. So no
Old Jul 31, 2024 | 6:08 am

Programs: MileagePlus-Premier Silver, Marriott Bonvoy-Silver Elite
Tell me if I'm reading this right, after 1 September, there is a lounge option at LHR, Lufthansa Business Lounge in T2? Considering bidding for an upgrade LHR-OSL, which also gives us Fast Track.
Old Jul 31, 2024 | 6:40 am
5 Years on Site

Originally Posted by VRFast
Tell me if I'm reading this right, after 1 September, there is a lounge option at LHR, Lufthansa Business Lounge in T2? Considering bidding for an upgrade LHR-OSL, which also gives us Fast Track.
You are reading it right. It will be the same lounge that they are currently using as a member of Star Alliance.
Old Jul 31, 2024 | 7:38 am
40 Countries Visited100k40 Nights5 Years on Site

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by SASegments
I am not sure how many ST lounges there are outside NL and FR so not doing this would almost have removed all lounge access in Europe I guess?
There are no ST airlines left outside of AFKL really.

UX is hanging on until IB eats it. But it doesn't have any lounges it operates.
OK is dead. Also hadn't had an own lounge in ages.
RO is doing... something over in the Balkans, but they have also lost their branded lounge.
AZ is leaving.

There used to be a ST lounge in LHR, not anymore, but there should be an AF one at some point in the future. And there is VS, who don't really get into intra-Europe.
Old Jul 31, 2024 | 7:58 am
15 Years on Site

Programs: SK, LH
Originally Posted by VRFast
Originally Posted by dark_phoenix
You are reading it right. It will be the same lounge that they are currently using as a member of Star Alliance.
For SAS Plus, you will have access to LH Business lounge. The only regressive step at LHR is that EB Gold/Diamond/Pandion won't be allowed into the inner sanctum of the LH Senator lounge.
VRFast and Tomas E like this.
Old Jul 31, 2024 | 7:59 am
50 Countries Visited2M20 Years on Site

Originally Posted by Fabo.sk

There used to be a ST lounge in LHR, not anymore, but there should be an AF one at some point in the future. And there is VS, who don't really get into intra-Europe.
With very strict entry rules - basically I would not even place it under an ST lounge.. (not sure how they manage to get away with their lounge entrance policy when joining ST)

Cheers!
Old Jul 31, 2024 | 8:12 am
40 Countries Visited100k40 Nights5 Years on Site

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by nldogbert
With very strict entry rules - basically I would not even place it under an ST lounge.. (not sure how they manage to get away with their lounge entrance policy when joining ST)
They give Aspire access to alliance elites. I don't think that ST has any rules formalized other than "must give access to elites". *A at least has the *G lounge branding, but still, only OW really has it standardized across the alliance.
Old Jul 31, 2024 | 8:22 am

Programs: EB Gold
DL might change that. Even jet blue is making a strong Europe push

Old Jul 31, 2024 | 12:16 pm
40 Countries Visited20 Years on Site

They give Aspire access to alliance elites. I don't think that ST has any rules formalized other than "must give access to elites". *A at least has the *G lounge branding, but still, only OW really has it standardized across the alliance.
Except OW has a bunch of non-status lounges as well, QR, BA comes to mind.
hhdl likes this.
Old Aug 1, 2024 | 4:28 am
10 Countries Visited20 Countries Visited30 Countries Visited40 Countries Visited

Programs: Flying Blue, Hilton Honors, Amtrak Guest Rewards
Originally Posted by DirektornSE
DL might change that. Even jet blue is making a strong Europe push
What intra-Europe service does DL operate?

Context of the original post was pretty clearly intra-Europe (see the mention of VS).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.