Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

SAS Partner Lounges [from Sep 1st onwards]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SAS Partner Lounges [from Sep 1st onwards]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2024 | 3:28 am
10 Countries Visited15 Years on Site

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Originally Posted by gojko88
Pretty sure you can't access 2F departures from 2F arrivals without a valid onward boarding pass for 2F.
You can. But that doesn't get you into the lounge. At CDG, passengers can only access the lounges from the terminal they are departing from. Thus, arriving at 2F on an Air France flight and continuing from 2B on SK will not get you into the AF lounge, even if your way is free all the way to its entrance. But that's where it will end.
gojko88 likes this.
Old Sep 12, 2024 | 11:28 am
10 Years on Site

Programs: SK EBD LTG, LH SEN
Ouch. This sounds like the airport actively working against passangers ...

In the meantime: the fast track at MXP worked perfectly today for EBD on SK, and so did the Monteverdi lounge. Except that the lounge is packed (no sitting space left), while cleaning and service is extremely inefficient. I have seen people picking up food and leaving in groups to sit in the terminal below. At least it is close to the SK gate.
Old Sep 12, 2024 | 6:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
50 Countries Visited3M100 Nights10 Years on Site

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SK Gold (STE+, LTG), UA 1K (*G),Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by SK2751
Ouch. This sounds like the airport actively working against passangers ...

In the meantime: the fast track at MXP worked perfectly today for EBD on SK, and so did the Monteverdi lounge. Except that the lounge is packed (no sitting space left), while cleaning and service is extremely inefficient. I have seen people picking up food and leaving in groups to sit in the terminal below. At least it is close to the SK gate.
That would not be the airport working against people that would be Air France working against people. CDG does not interfere in who Air France let's in to their lounge or not.
SK2751 likes this.
Old Sep 12, 2024 | 11:23 pm

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
That would not be the airport working against people that would be Air France working against people. CDG does not interfere in who Air France let's in to their lounge or not.
Wrong. Its a rule imposed by the authorities. Not Air France or the airport company.
SK2751 likes this.
Old Sep 12, 2024 | 11:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SK Gold (STE+, LTG), UA 1K (*G),Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by San Gottardo
Wrong. Its a rule imposed by the authorities. Not Air France or the airport company.
​​​​​​Interesting, can you guide me to the regulations for that? I'd be curious to read them and the context of them.
Old Sep 13, 2024 | 6:05 pm
5 Years on Site

Programs: TK Elite, ITA Exec, KQ Plat, SAS EBG, HHonors Silver, Accor Gold, BW Diamond, Radisson VIP
​​​​​​Interesting, can you guide me to the regulations for that? I'd be curious to read them and the context of them.
+1 on that one. Seems quite far fetched to me since I'd be free to roam around 2F and shop and whatnot if I arrive there and continue from another terminal. If one felt masochistic they could spend multiple hours there and savour the fine cuisine of whatever the dry sandwiches place is called.
delpiero223 likes this.
Old Sep 13, 2024 | 11:45 pm

Err no. Frankly, when since several decades staff at CDG check whether youre going airside only in the terminal youre departing from, and refusing access to people departing from another terminal, then i wont go and search through the maze of French bureaucratic documents to arm myself for a legal argument with third party security staff manning the X-ray filters.

If you want to know more, head over to the AF forum, there the question comes up all the time, and the answer is always the same.

Do I think the rule is stupid? Yes. Do I spend time to read the official text just to have in legal lingo what I am told by staff anyway? No.
Old Sep 14, 2024 | 12:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by San Gottardo
Err no. Frankly, when since several decades staff at CDG check whether youre going airside only in the terminal youre departing from, and refusing access to people departing from another terminal, then i wont go and search through the maze of French bureaucratic documents to arm myself for a legal argument with third party security staff manning the X-ray filters.

If you want to know more, head over to the AF forum, there the question comes up all the time, and the answer is always the same.

Do I think the rule is stupid? Yes. Do I spend time to read the official text just to have in legal lingo what I am told by staff anyway? No.
The case in question had nothing to do with the people manning the Xray filters. If you arrive in T2F and decide to go to the departure level of T2F before proceeding to T2B you will not meet these kind individuals. The question was if you are in the T2F departure area, and go to the Air France lounge with a non T2F SkyTeam boarding pass in J or as a STE+ will you be admitted to the lounge? That may still very well be a no, but I'd be highly dubious that the authorities would issue any rules about that. And it would be a decision of Air France who is within their lounge policy and who is not. As long your are air side in T2F, I will be very dubious on the regulators have any opinion whatsoever on whether you are allowed to enter the Air France lounge or not.

If we are talking about access T2F with a T2B boarding pass from landside via the security check, I am quite sure that is well regulated, and like so many other airports around the world not possible. And I quiet sure that the regulators have a strong opinion here, but the opinion is not that you are not allowed to use the Air France lounge, the opinion is that you don't have a travel document that allows you to proceed to a point where you can ask Air France whether you can use the lounge.

But anyway, let me read the threads in the Air France forum.

PS. Do I think the rule that you can't proceed airside in a terminal you are not departing from when the terminals are not connected airside is stupid? I think it is a mild inconvenience, that generally serves the purpose of helping passengers get to the gate on time pretty well.
the810, NightlinerVIE and Fabo.sk like this.
Old Sep 14, 2024 | 3:04 am
10 Years on Site

Programs: A3G, BA Silver, LH FT
Originally Posted by Scandinavian traveler
I do not have a SK flight departing LHR until end of the month so I cannot check, but has anyone tried? Considering how cheap SAS generally is with lounge access I would not expect it to work and it is a bit of a trek to the international lounges!
Ive just been turned away from LHR SQ lounge with a SAS boarding pass and EBG. But SAS are now skyteam, we had an email Sir
Jainzar likes this.
Old Sep 14, 2024 | 5:21 am
40 Countries Visited30 Nights10 Years on Site

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, LH M&M SEN, airbaltic Executive, Radisson VIP
No lounge access at BSL on KL ticket.
adrianlondon, the810 and SK2751 like this.
Old Sep 14, 2024 | 7:08 am
10 Countries Visited20 Countries Visited30 Countries Visited5 Years on Site

Programs: LH SEN
I have a flight in business on SK (BOS-CPH), which lounge can I use at Logan?
Thank you.
Old Sep 14, 2024 | 8:30 am
10 Countries Visited10 Years on Site

Programs: SAS EBS / ST Elite, Hilton Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Platinum Ambassador
Originally Posted by palcsaky
Ive just been turned away from LHR SQ lounge with a SAS boarding pass and EBG. But SAS are now skyteam, we had an email Sir
​​​​​​Of course. What made you think you'd have access? SK contracts the LH lounge at LHR.
CPH-Flyer and Kris724 like this.
Old Sep 14, 2024 | 10:09 am
10 Years on Site

Originally Posted by akaza1
I have a flight in business on SK (BOS-CPH), which lounge can I use at Logan?
Thank you.
SkyTeam lounge finder says Delta Sky Club in the A-gate satellite. But last time I was departing from BOS SK used the E gates, so the AF lounge would be the logical choice.
Old Sep 14, 2024 | 11:29 am
Moderator: SAS

Programs: LX SEN, SK EBD
Originally Posted by fassy
SkyTeam lounge finder says Delta Sky Club in the A-gate satellite. But last time I was departing from BOS SK used the E gates, so the AF lounge would be the logical choice.
The AF Lounge is an option, although it hardly deserves that designation, it is more reminiscent of a dungeon, and not in an intriguing way. There is, however, a newly opened DL lounge in Terminal E that can be used, as international DL flights depart from the E gates.
the810, akaza1 and Kris724 like this.
Old Sep 14, 2024 | 2:43 pm

Originally Posted by florens
No lounge access at BSL on KL ticket.
I clicked "like" but it's just thanks for confirming, not that I enjoyed being turned away last week or hearing it's not changed for you.

According to SkyTeam's lounge finder, Zrich should be possible (as they list lounges with SkyTeam access). BSL shows nothing.
https://www.skyteam.com/en/lounges/
florens likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.