Wiki Posts
Search

SAS and Other SkyTeam Airlines

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2024, 10:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by Stil
Look at seasonal restrictions in a prier post.
Thanks! I did find something decent and now we just need to figure out whether to go for it.
Old Aug 20, 2024, 10:49 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nacho
Thanks! I did find something decent and now we just need to figure out whether to go for it.
It's a nice price for mileage earnings for sure, but if it will work for one is another matter? Had it been to the east cost, even with fewer points I wouldn't have hesitated. But I'm going to give it a pass this time around.

I have been looking a bit in to it after the status match and DUB is often mentioned with great TATL PE and J prices on SK via CPH.
Might be interesting?

Ohh and by the way TK is still great with dom. award prices in the US after the enhancement. That if you got any miles left And if you want to see more of the country?

​​​​

Last edited by Stil; Aug 20, 2024 at 11:00 am
Old Aug 24, 2024, 7:06 am
Original Poster

SK on other Sky Team airlines

As September 1st. is arriving soon, I thought it timely to create a thread to share data points on people's experiences of the transition in regards to how other ST members are "treating" SK EB elite members and their readiness for the integration.

I have a DL CPH-JFK flight just after the transition and I'll try to use my EBG number for ST elite plus benefits and earnings and I'll report back how it went.
Old Aug 24, 2024, 12:09 pm

Programs: SK EBD LTG, LH SEN
This was probably already reported, but I was able to add my EBD number on klm.com this week. I am not experienced with KLM, but it seems to me that the system did not recognize the status, just accepted the number.
Old Aug 24, 2024, 10:00 pm

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, LH M&M SEN, airbaltic Executive, Radisson VIP
Originally Posted by SK2751
This was probably already reported, but I was able to add my EBD number on klm.com this week. I am not experienced with KLM, but it seems to me that the system did not recognize the status, just accepted the number.
But does it stick? When I add it it is removed when I check back.
Old Aug 25, 2024, 12:34 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by florens
But does it stick? When I add it it is removed when I check back.
Yes, I called the Danish AF/KL Call center and the ageent could see my EBG number on an AF booking, even though mine also seemed to have disappeared, when retrieving it afterwards.
Now it is going to be interesting to see, if ST E+ benefits are automatically being added on September 1.st.

Last edited by Stil; Aug 25, 2024 at 3:04 am
Old Aug 25, 2024, 12:57 am

Programs: TK*G, SK*G
I noticed that KL bookings are possible to retrieve through SAS website. You can c your EB number as well, if added during reservation

Old Aug 25, 2024, 3:00 am

Oh interesting. I just tried with my booking via the SAS App and it is being displayed indeed and looks like the EBG number is in there also.

Thanks for the hint! Curious to see what happens post Sep 1, as I would like to select seats.
arollins likes this.
Old Aug 25, 2024, 9:46 am

Programs: SK EBD LTG, LH SEN
I also confirm this. A KLM.com made booking, added EBD on KLM.com. I can see the booking and the FFP number in the SK app.

(displaying the seat map does not work, like often on alien bookings)
Old Aug 26, 2024, 12:45 pm

Programs: UA *G MM
It does not appear that you can combine carriers transatlantic. The only change I noticed is that a connecting flight CDG-ARN is now on SAS, which is a large downgrade when you are in business. So, it's just like with *A due to Atlantic Plus Plus between LH Group, UA and AC. Will that change? It's only a few days until Sep 1.
Old Aug 26, 2024, 1:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SK Gold (STE+, LTG), UA 1K (*G),Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by gnaget
It does not appear that you can combine carriers transatlantic. The only change I noticed is that a connecting flight CDG-ARN is now on SAS, which is a large downgrade when you are in business. So, it's just like with *A due to Atlantic Plus Plus between LH Group, UA and AC. Will that change? It's only a few days until Sep 1.
Have they actually applied for JV approval? I am not sure they have.
Old Aug 26, 2024, 1:29 pm

The codeshare application with Delta has been submitted and then delayed thanks to Jetblue opposition: https://aviationweek.com/air-transpo...hare-agreement

It seems they may need to carve out a couple of countries to try and fasttrack the approval for remaining markets, unclear when this will happen.

I read this as only the codeshare, not sure what status is for JV application but on the other hand SK needs to exit Ch.11 first I think and that should be imminent.

Old Aug 26, 2024, 2:07 pm

Programs: DL; AA; UA; CO; LHLX; NZ; QR; EK; BA
Originally Posted by view
The codeshare application with Delta has been submitted and then delayed thanks to Jetblue opposition: https://aviationweek.com/air-transpo...hare-agreement

It seems they may need to carve out a couple of countries to try and fasttrack the approval for remaining markets, unclear when this will happen.

I read this as only the codeshare, not sure what status is for JV application but on the other hand SK needs to exit Ch.11 first I think and that should be imminent.
The JV appears to still be quite a ways off. The SK-DL codeshares in the current application are for domestic US and intra-European routes on DL and SK respectively only, and not even for each other’s TATL routes yet.

Similarly I don’t believe SK and AF-KL have applied for any long-haul intercontinental codeshares yet either.
gnaget likes this.
Old Aug 28, 2024, 1:30 pm
Original Poster

I just noticed that my DL flight has my EB number in the booking on their site. Looking like this EBGxxxxxxxxx

This is great news for a hopefully smooth integration and ST Elite Plus recognition from day one.

Last edited by Stil; Sep 2, 2024 at 1:56 pm
Old Aug 31, 2024, 11:51 pm

No free seat selection (yet) on KL.
adrianlondon likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.