Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SAS and Other SkyTeam Airlines

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2024, 12:00 am

Programs: SAS EBS / ST Elite, Hilton Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Platinum Ambassador
Originally Posted by florens
No free seat selection (yet) on KL.
​​​​​​KL seems to not recognise SkyTeam Elite (Plus) status. I managed to enter SK FFN but it only shows "SkyTeam".
florens likes this.
Old Sep 1, 2024, 1:37 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Stil
The thing with FB is that you will start from scratch and need 100XP for Silver + 180XP for Gold to become ST Elite Plus with lounge, Sky Priority ect. within one year after you qualify for Silver.
120XP extra from Gold to become Plat.
​​​​​
FB Plat requires 300 XP after achieving Gold, not 120 extra. So to go from zero to Plat takes 100 + 180 + 300 = 580 XP.
dark_phoenix likes this.
Old Sep 1, 2024, 1:48 am

Garuda Indonesia

Been waiting for 1 Sep switchover to make a booking with Garuda. SAS not showing as an option yet when adding FF card … is it fine to book and add later for Elite Plus status recognition, or hold off until they update their systems?
Old Sep 1, 2024, 2:28 am

Programs: SAS EBS / ST Elite, Hilton Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Platinum Ambassador
Originally Posted by i.am.lost
Been waiting for 1 Sep switchover to make a booking with Garuda. SAS not showing as an option yet when adding FF card … is it fine to book and add later for Elite Plus status recognition, or hold off until they update their systems?
You can add the number any time up to the checkin, it's not a problem at all
Old Sep 1, 2024, 2:51 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Adam Smith
FB Plat requires 300 XP after achieving Gold, not 120 extra. So to go from zero to Plat takes 100 + 180 + 300 = 580 XP.
I stand corrected.
I must have been jetlagged while writing it because it doesn't make mutch sence to me now, except that's how it looks on the linier caunter in the AF/KL app going from Gold to Plat.

It has been updated in my post.

Last edited by Stil; Sep 1, 2024 at 3:00 am
Old Sep 1, 2024, 3:25 am
Original Poster

My EBG number is in the DL app for a booking.

Last edited by Stil; Sep 1, 2024 at 3:32 am
Old Sep 1, 2024, 3:27 am

KLM app is now showing free bag for me (EBS) on light fares but still wants money for seat selection.
adrianlondon and florens like this.
Old Sep 1, 2024, 3:56 am

Programs: NZ*G, MAR Titanium, HLT Diamond
Originally Posted by i.am.lost
SK has not even added GA as a partner. Something may be happening behind the scene. I wouldn't be surprised if they have not reached an agreement.
Old Sep 1, 2024, 4:19 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
My SAS app is now showing nothing on the virtual card where the Star Alliance Gold logo used to be. Anybody else not seeing the SkyTeam logo there?
Old Sep 1, 2024, 4:29 am

Programs: Oneworld Sapphire (QR Gold), SkyTeam Elite Plus (ITA Volare)
Originally Posted by headingwest
My SAS app is now showing nothing on the virtual card where the Star Alliance Gold logo used to be. Anybody else not seeing the SkyTeam logo there?
ST logo visible here.
Old Sep 1, 2024, 4:43 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
That's weird. I got the status match and thought I'd have SkyTeam status until at least the end of March. No sign of it on the website either.
Old Sep 1, 2024, 5:02 am

Programs: SK EBD LTG, LH SEN
The app now displays SkyTeam logo for me after clicking "me" and then clicking on the "card".
Old Sep 1, 2024, 5:04 am
Original Poster

I status matched as well and ST E+ logo here and current status expiry date September 2026 as before.
Old Sep 1, 2024, 5:10 am

You guys are lucky, nothing for me, even when clicking 'me' then the card!
Old Sep 1, 2024, 7:59 am

I think I need to give the Dutch a bit of time to catch up. it is Sunday, after all. Maybe they're doing one passenger at a time, and "the810" was first

KLM light economy wants to charge me to add a check-in bag and to pick a seat. Adding my EBG number on the KLM website saves ok but then appears to be deleted when I go back in to check. SAS website (thanks to the tip above!) correctly shows my EBG number attached to the booking. I'm assuming in a day or two the KLM website will show my status privileges.

(As an aside, trying to add the Eurobonus number on the iOS app requires one to paste the value in, as it requires the "EBS/G" text first but only gives a number pad for input.)
the810 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.