Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SAS and Other SkyTeam Airlines

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2024 | 10:28 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Runqee
Have you seen any status update yet? For some reason I cannot find a way to add my EBG number to a delta reservation. Any tips?
I checked in on a DL flight earlier and even it seemed that my EBG number was in the booking, absolutely nothing worked.

It is a ticket bought on the AF site with their ticket number. It has KL flight number but operated by DL outbound and AF inbound.

Called AF/KL's call center in DK they couldn't do anything hadn't any info on progress of the integration.

Called DL and the agent didn't even know that SK was joining ST and couldn't do anything.

​​Called SK and talked to a English speaking agent that assured me that I could fix it in the airport, but stil had to ask me if DL was part of *A.
Called again and talked to a another agent at SK that was very helpful and we joked a bit about him having the same question over 10 times today and he anticipated that going on for a while.

He pulled up the booking and inserted my EB number again. We agreed that I would cancel check in with DL while he was staying on the line and check in again to see if it worked and the EB numberstuck. I wasn't able to cancel so we agreed that I would try again in the airport.
Great servive by the last SK agent even he couldn't solve it and on top of that there were 0 wait time to get through on the phone.

Both the AF/KL and the DL agent was pointing to either AF or SK for a solution.

I'll be back after I check in for my flight in the airport.
Luckely I have both FB and ITA E+ so I presume I can use them for accruel if everything else fails. But I would really like to credit the flights to EB.

With everything that's going on and knowing DL IT first hand and through here, I'm not comfortable retro claiming when their system doesn't even recognise SK as a skyteam member (in reality) and might not for a long while. If the airport doesn't have a work around which I suspect they will not, I'm using my FB number which is #$&@ as I already requalufied and doesn't need the miles.

​​​​​​

​​​​
Kris724 likes this.

Last edited by Stil; Sep 5, 2024 at 4:46 am
Old Sep 4, 2024 | 9:02 am
40 Countries Visited30 Nights10 Years on Site

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, LH M&M SEN, airbaltic Executive, Radisson VIP
Absolute shambles KL CS response to my query why my EBG status is not recognised on the KLM website and MMB wants to charge me for seat selection:

"Since your concern is regarding the rewards and benefits of your Eurobonus, I kindly request you to contact Scandinavian Airlines for further assistance."

adrianlondon and the810 like this.
Old Sep 4, 2024 | 9:29 am
10 Countries Visited15 Years on Site

Originally Posted by florens
Absolute shambles KL CS response to my query why my EBG status is not recognised on the KLM website and MMB wants to charge me for seat selection:

"Since your concern is regarding the rewards and benefits of your Eurobonus, I kindly request you to contact Scandinavian Airlines for further assistance."

I also tried their whatsapp chat thing (KLM short-haul booking, EBG number added). It was so bad, I found the chatbot more logical in their responses before I was passed to a real person.

Basically, their customer support don't know what Skyteam is, definitely don't know what Eurobonus is, and don't seem able to parse simple questions. Well, the person who was unlucky enough to pick my query didn't.
Old Sep 4, 2024 | 9:38 am
10 Countries Visited10 Years on Site

Programs: SAS EBS / ST Elite, Hilton Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Platinum Ambassador

From my experience, the best reaction to this is to play dumb and say something along the lines of "you accidentally sent me a reply meant for someone else because I asked about something else". That usually makes them at least read the question or escalate it to someone else.
Old Sep 4, 2024 | 9:39 am

I asked twice to escalate the matter to their manager but the response was:

I can only assist with concerns related to perks and benefits with flying blue. I am unable to assist with your concern related to Eurobonus. Scandinavian Airline should provide you with assistance since it is their perks and benefits for their members. Thank you for your extended patience.
Do note I specifically also mentionned skyteam elite plus
Old Sep 4, 2024 | 5:27 pm

Eurobonus Gold here

Have a couple of bookings with Air France and the system refuses to show my extra baggage allowance or allow free seat selection or even as others stated the Eurobonus number itself. The SAS app does show the Eurobonus number and lounge access available (but no extra baggage).
Have another booking with Korean Air, and their system is allowing me to choose a preferred seat or an economy seat for free, while my wife who is EBS can select an economy seat for free. It also shows our additional baggage allowance. So Korean Air seems to be better integrated vs KLM/Air France for now!
adrianlondon and florens like this.
Old Sep 4, 2024 | 9:19 pm

Programs: TK*G, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat
you should be able to pull up the AF/KL reservation using SAS app and add your FFP there.
AF/KL seems recognize the status and shows increased luggage allowance in my case
Old Sep 5, 2024 | 3:07 am

I thought BA's website and app were bad, but I have a new-found respect for them after using KLM's in earnest for the first time in a couple of years.

Not only does my EB number not get properly saved, but try the same thing with your contact email address. That also pretends to be saved, but when you go back into passenger details is wiped.

SAS, as above, shows my EBG number correctly, but the AF website refuses to show any Slyteam benefits (check-in luggage on LIGHT fare, seat selection). Online check-in is no better, so I cancelled it. I'll do it all at the airport tomorrow. Lounge access should be no problem, as the lounge staff appear more clued-up than KLM's support team, but I have a bag to check in.

I'm assuming showing EB gold to someone on the check-in desk will be sufficient. I'll update here

EDIT: I reached out to KLM's WhatsApp support and they fixed it. They confirmed that my EB number was added and also that no status benefits were showing. So they re-added the EB number. I'm now checking in and not only is the EB number showing under my name but all the benefits - lounge, luggage on light fare, seat selection - are now correct.
florens likes this.

Last edited by adrianlondon; Sep 5, 2024 at 3:47 am
Old Sep 5, 2024 | 3:48 am

Strange that it works for you adrianlondon but not for others. I wonder what had to be done?
Old Sep 5, 2024 | 4:00 am

Strange that it works for you adrianlondon but not for others. I wonder what had to be done?
Maybe because I was within my check-in window? Maybe because I worded my question differently?

I didn't go on about not being able to add my EuroBonus number properly (which I did the first time, and got nowhere) but said that my "Skyteam Elite Plus benefits don't show. Could you please check?" and that did the trick.
florens likes this.

Last edited by adrianlondon; Sep 5, 2024 at 12:39 pm
Old Sep 5, 2024 | 4:06 am

Originally Posted by adrianlondon
Maybe because I was within my check-in window? Maybe because I worded my question differently?

I didn't go on about not being able to add my EuroBonus number properly (which I did the first time, and got nowhere) but said that my "Skyteam Elite Plus benefits don't show. Could you please check?" and that did the trick.

For anyone who cares this is a flight BSL-LCY via AMS. And I need to take liquids so needed a check-in bag (and "need" lounge access because, you know, it's better than hanging around the gate ).
Yeh you must have been lucky. KL whatsapp team yesterday claimed to be unable to help with any non-Flyingblue matters
adrianlondon likes this.
Old Sep 5, 2024 | 5:12 am

I copy pasted your wording (haha) to the chat again.

Apparently now the status is recognised.

Now the booking shows the status (ie checked luggage allowance) but seats are still chargeable.

adrianlondon likes this.
Old Sep 5, 2024 | 5:46 am

I copy pasted your wording (haha) to the chat again.

Apparently now the status is recognised.

Now the booking shows the status (ie checked luggage allowance) but seats are still chargeable.
I was within the check-in period, so I could select seats. Well, from my crappy seat to other crappy seats, but better than nothing

The important thing is that my boarding passes have "Sky Priority" on them, whereas when I first checked in this morning they didn't. Luckily, it is easy in the app to cancel the check-in, so I did that then WhatsApp'd KLM.
florens likes this.
Old Sep 5, 2024 | 5:54 am

The chat now claims free seat selection is only applicable from 72h before departure for elite plus members.
adrianlondon likes this.
Old Sep 5, 2024 | 6:11 am
Original Poster

DL is by no means ready for EB members. I'll keep it short and not go into to much details as I have an headache as it is.
My TATL ticket involved AF and DL and I wanted to use my EBG number.
DL doesn't recognise EB numbers and it is not reflected on the boarding card when checking in. No one I talked to at DL or AF can do anything about it, neither can SK.
At check in at the airport not even the DL duty manager could do anything and suggested I talked with the staff at JFK while connecting. They couldn't do anything either.
No one I talked to at DL was informed about anythings regarding SK and euro bonus, that includes the CPH duty manager that was nice, but looked like a walking question mark

​​​​​
adrianlondon likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.