Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New to SAS

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2024 | 8:03 am
Original Poster
10 Countries Visited20 Countries Visited30 Countries Visited40 Countries Visited

New to SAS

I've never flown SAS, but for our upcoming trip to CPH & home from OSLO, looking to fly SAS. Not a fan of their website - it doesn't give much info, such as what plane is used for these trips.
BUT - more important, how does it's Business class compare to the airlines I've flown to Europe on, mainly Delta & AA. They were OK, prefer DL to AA, esp since WiFi never works on AA. TO use AA for this trip need to go thru LHR, which I'd prefer to not do. Other option is KLM.
I realize this is subjective for the most part, but looking for opinions.
Old Oct 4, 2024 | 8:10 am
aju
10 Countries Visited20 Countries Visited30 Countries Visited5 Years on Site

Programs: SK Diamond *G
SAS doesn't list the tail number, but the plane type is listed if available (usually = flown by SAS). Here's a pic from my next flight, with A319.

The SAS app though.. that's <3. Information about the incoming flight, real time map of where that plane is now, can see previous trips you've taken on that exact plane etc.
Old Oct 4, 2024 | 8:18 am
Original Poster
10 Countries Visited20 Countries Visited30 Countries Visited40 Countries Visited

Originally Posted by aju
SAS doesn't list the tail number, but the plane type is listed if available (usually = flown by SAS). Here's a pic from my next flight, with A319.

The SAS app though.. that's <3. Information about the incoming flight, real time map of where that plane is now, can see previous trips you've taken on that exact plane etc.
Thanks - maybe you see the plane type after you book, but not when trying to book. At least I can't find it. BUT it does show if I look on Google flights. A330. Funny reviews I see on SeatGUru - some say foot well too small, some say the space is great. Seat uncomfortable, too hard, others seat is very comfortable. But no reviews there since 2020. I wonder if seats changed since then? All subjective. Comfort & efficiency are most important, along with avoiding a change of planes.
Old Oct 4, 2024 | 8:22 am
10 Countries Visited30 Countries Visited5 Years on Site

Programs: AC, SK, AY, Marriott
The blue i next to the routing has the flight details including aircraft. It's available when selecting flights (before booking)

It will be a 333, 359 or 321LR. See the config https://www.aerolopa.com/sk

Check out videos on Youtube for specifics on the cabins.
Old Oct 4, 2024 | 8:28 am
Original Poster

Thanks for that link - very helpful

Old Oct 4, 2024 | 10:33 am
15 Years on Site

Programs: SK, LH
Originally Posted by SRQPhotos
BUT - more important, how does it's Business class compare to the airlines I've flown to Europe on, mainly Delta & AA. They were OK, prefer DL to AA, esp since WiFi never works on AA. TO use AA for this trip need to go thru LHR, which I'd prefer to not do. Other option is KLM.
I realize this is subjective for the most part, but looking for opinions.
Compared to the rest of the pack, trans-Atlantic business class is just average. Good hard product (better on the wide bodies than the A321neoLR) but fairly average food from both US outstations and the hubs. Crew generally inhospitable. Some defend them for being Scandinavian, but hospitality is not their forte. You will, however, fare better up front than in Plus or Economy where Ive always been made to feel like an inconvenience.
Old Today | 5:00 am
10 Countries Visited20 Countries Visited30 Countries Visited10 Years on Site

Programs: DL DM, MM
Its a flatbed. Nothing really else to note. Food will be better on other airlines but not all.

From recent experience at CPH, I dont recommend them purely for organizational and operational reasons. Never seen more boarding issues than on SAS, and their inflight personnel seem like volunteers selected from the passengers in terms of capability and enthusiasm.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.