Wiki Posts
Search

EuroBonus Millionaire

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2024 | 12:25 pm
Moderator: SAS

Programs: LX SEN, SK EBD
Originally Posted by jamesbrownontheroad
It's quite a clever promotion, because according to this page on the Swedish SAS homepage only 14 of the 20 full SkyTeam members are eligible for SAS EuroBonus earnings. So, according to the first of the promotion's terms and conditions, ("För att flygresan ska räknas måste EuroBonus-poäng tjänas in på eller användas för att betala för flygresan. SkyTeam flygbolag som är tillgängliga finns på SAS hemsida") it's impossible to get 15 airlines and the 1,000,000 miles.

Assuming that's the case, of the remaining 14, only 4 - Air Europa, Air France, KLM and Tarom - have itineraries within Europe. Every other eligible partner requires a pretty hefty chunk of travelling time.
Including SAS, I do count 17 airlines though, so it should very much be possible, no?
Old Oct 8, 2024 | 12:29 pm

Programs: Eurobonus Gold, LH Senator
SVG-AMS-CDG-PVG-CGK-TPE-ICN-SGN-XMN-ICN-SEA-MEX-EZE-MAD-FCO-RUH-NBO-LHR-SVG

Terrible itinerary time- and cost-wise, but hey why not. Checked the flight numbers, should work but only if you love separate tickets and tight connections and passport controls.
Marschel likes this.
Old Oct 8, 2024 | 12:36 pm
50 Countries Visited500k5 Years on Site

Programs: BA Silver + AY Gold + SK EBG
Originally Posted by Nick Art
Including SAS, I do count 17 airlines though, so it should very much be possible, no?
Should be 17. However, AR and UX only work when using award tickets and for UX I couldn't find any availability

Best I found so far was about €3000 for economy tickets covering 15 SkyTeam Airlines (SK, RO, KQ, AF, VS, DL, AM, SV, KL, GA, VN, CI, MF, KE, MU)

This is for paid tickets only. You can probably keep the cost down by flying Virgin with Miles instead of buying an expensive TATL ticket
RUN4FUN and cnn like this.

Last edited by delpiero223; Oct 8, 2024 at 12:43 pm
Old Oct 8, 2024 | 12:42 pm
Original Poster
50 Countries Visited500k40 Nights10 Years on Site

Programs: *G
A lot of speculation, I highly doubt SAS having malicious intentions with no earnings on Air Europa for instance, but it'd be nice to have their confirmation that they do count (and if you need to booking a certain booking class.)

Originally Posted by delpiero223
Best I found so far was about €3000 for economy tickets covering 15 SkyTeam Airlines (SK, RO, UX, AF, VS, DL, AM, SV, KL, GA, VN, CI, MF, KE, MU)

This is for paid tickets only. You can probably keep the cost down by flying Virgin with Miles instead of buying an expensive TATL ticket
Is that chained together and all from your homebase? If so, it sounds decent. If not, there's definetely room for improvement.
It helped me grouping the asian ones together, and the european ones should be fairly easy with CPH as a base.
SocialAdept likes this.
Old Oct 8, 2024 | 12:45 pm

Originally Posted by studentCPH
Is that chained together and all from your homebase? If so, it sounds decent. If not, there's definetely room for improvement.
It helped me grouping the asian ones together, and the european ones should be fairly easy with CPH as a base.
Chained together, yes. But I had to rearrange it to include KQ, while originally planning to use UX. But with no booking classes eligible for mileage earning + no award availabilities, that didn't work out.
RUN4FUN likes this.
Old Oct 8, 2024 | 1:11 pm
10 Countries Visited10 Years on Site

Programs: SAS EBS / ST Elite, Hilton Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Platinum Ambassador
Best I found so far was about €3000 for economy tickets covering 15 SkyTeam Airlines (SK, RO, KQ, AF, VS, DL, AM, SV, KL, GA, VN, CI, MF, KE, MU)
Can you post the itinerary, just for the sake of my curiosity? (There's no way I'm actually doing that, haha.)
Old Oct 8, 2024 | 1:12 pm
10 Years on Site

Programs: AF Ultimate/AY plat/SK EBG/LH SEN/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
It is a intresting promotion but the time window is just tol tight for me. Had they announced this in sept when they joined and set a travel window say Nov 1 to feb 28 I would have propably gone for the gold so to say but now Im all booked for 2024 so its just not going to happen 😉
Old Oct 8, 2024 | 1:12 pm
5 Years on Site

Programs: TK Elite, ITA Exec, KQ Plat, SAS EBG, HHonors Silver, Accor Gold, BW Diamond, Radisson VIP
I'm kinda itching to do this. 🤐
Xyzzy, the810, Marschel and 1 others like this.
Old Oct 8, 2024 | 1:17 pm
10 Years on Site

Programs: AF Ultimate/AY plat/SK EBG/LH SEN/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by NightlinerVIE
I'm kinda itching to do this. 🤐
if you have the time go for it, had I not booked my trips for 2024 allready I would be in, plenty of time in Jan and Feb but wont work
it would be a once in a lifetime itineary and alot of bonus points
Old Oct 8, 2024 | 1:21 pm

Programs: BA gold, AF Platinum, IHG/hilton diamond/bonvoy titanium
I just saw this today and somehow I am in an excellent position to reach 8 with bookings made , 12 with a bit of extra effort/rearrange some existing ones and 15 if I make new bookings…

‘so I am seriously looking into it. I will be positioned in Europe Asia and Africa between now and December anyway with my existing travel plans..

any one has any idea or tips let’s discuss.

also does delta or Aeromexico have any 5th freedom flight?
Old Oct 8, 2024 | 1:29 pm

Originally Posted by the810
Can you post the itinerary, just for the sake of my curiosity? (There's no way I'm actually doing that, haha.)
After a lot of re-arranging I'm currently at XYZ - CPH - ATH - OTP - PAR - LHR - JFK - NYC - DFW - MEX - PVR - LAX - JED - SIN - KUL - CGK - KUL - SGN - TPE - XMN - CAN - BKK - KMG - PVG - ICN - SHE - FRA.

Most expensive tickets are CDG-JFK with €510 and LAX-JED-SIN with €420. There are 3 legs involved that don't give any miles, but keep down the total cost instead of flying SkyTeam only.

I believe that there's a 1% chance of everything posting correctly. So spending €3,000 on tickets is quite a risky take

(be aware that I'm one of those dreaded bloggers, so don't be surprised if it's ending up there tomorrow)
Old Oct 8, 2024 | 1:46 pm
10 Countries Visited20 Countries Visited30 Countries Visited40 Countries Visited

Originally Posted by tr3k
If they offered something durable, like the lifetime gold - I'd do it. 1 million points is perhaps $10K worth of tickets. 15 airlines in economy would probably end up costing half that at least (not even talking about J).
1 000 000 EB points would be a lot more than $10k worth of tickets. With the 2-4-1 vouchers a long haul business round trip for 2 range from about 100k-187k in EB points. I'd say those trips are usually worth between $5-8k a trip if you would have bought them with cash. So let's say you would be able to do 7 of these trips you're probably looking at $35-56k worth of tickets.
Old Oct 8, 2024 | 1:48 pm
10 Countries Visited20 Countries Visited30 Countries Visited5 Years on Site

Programs: *A G / ST E+ / OWS / HH D. / MR T. / Hyatt Glob. / IHG Diam. / SL Jade / GHA Tit.
After a lot of re-arranging I'm currently at XYZ - CPH - ATH - OTP - PAR - LHR - JFK - NYC - DFW - MEX - PVR - LAX - JED - SIN - KUL - CGK - KUL - SGN - TPE - XMN - CAN - BKK - KMG - PVG - ICN - SHE - FRA.

Most expensive tickets are CDG-JFK with €510 and LAX-JED-SIN with €420. There are 3 legs involved that don't give any miles, but keep down the total cost instead of flying SkyTeam only.

I believe that there's a 1% chance of everything posting correctly. So spending €3,000 on tickets is quite a risky take

(be aware that I'm one of those dreaded bloggers, so don't be surprised if it's ending up there tomorrow)
missing kenya airways no? how many airlines (counting for the challenge) you have here?
Old Oct 8, 2024 | 1:49 pm

Originally Posted by frenchft
missing kenya airways no? how many airlines (counting for the challenge) you have here?
Kenya Airways is flying CAN-BKK as a 5th freedom route. Would have been €200 to €300 more when touching Kenya

Old Oct 8, 2024 | 1:54 pm
Moderator: SAS

Programs: LX SEN, SK EBD
I am very intrigued!

I have a bunch of bookings between the US and Europe, which (award availability permitting, not much hope there) I could rebook onto Virgin, KLM, AF and SAS. (Perhaps try and find that routing via ICN some people have spotted!)
For Delta I could easily get an intra-US ticket, which would put me at five.
I could do a quick trip down to Argentina to tick of Aerolinas and Aeromexico, seven.
Tarom and AirEuropa I could do a quick trip while in Europe, nine.
In November I'll be in Singapore, so I wonder if I could use one day to try and tick off some more airlines then...
davidbrent likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.