Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

The SAS | EuroBonus Forum Kafé

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The SAS | EuroBonus Forum Kafé

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2023, 1:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G, LTG), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by nacho
Wasn't it like 35kr one way?
Yeah, but I think the regular HT (as it was back then) bus was in the ballpark of 10 kroner. I only said a bit expensive, not Arlanda Express level expensive. The were SK branded on the outside, though I don't remember if there was an actual link beyond the branding.
Old Oct 8, 2023, 1:43 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by GUWonder
ORD T5 will get a Star Alliance lounge in 2024, but it will be from LOT. With SAS slated to leave Star Alliance for SkyTeam, SAS passengers will likely use the DL lounge at ORD T5 quite a bunch.
The ORD T5 Delta lounge is a million times better than the shameful dog shed that is the SAS lounge. This is a great development.

Any word on SAS moving to T2 or T4 at JFK?
Old Oct 8, 2023, 11:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Yeah, but I think the regular HT (as it was back then) bus was in the ballpark of 10 kroner. I only said a bit expensive, not Arlanda Express level expensive. The were SK branded on the outside, though I don't remember if there was an actual link beyond the branding.
I think 2 zones is like 12kr. If you think Arlanda Express is expensive, Kiruna flygbusserna is insane: https://horvalls.se/flygbuss/, 10 minutes ride for 110SEK, we were travelling with 3 kids and our one way 10 minutes ride was 365SEK.

There is one perk about Arlanda express - 320SEK for me and 3 kids one way (kids under 18 travel for free with an adult). This is a much longer journey than the Flygbusserna in Kiruna and a lot more comfortable too.
Old Oct 8, 2023, 12:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G, LTG), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
I think 2 zones is like 12kr. If you think Arlanda Express is expensive, Kiruna flygbusserna is insane: https://horvalls.se/flygbuss/, 10 minutes ride for 110SEK, we were travelling with 3 kids and our one way 10 minutes ride was 365SEK.

There is one perk about Arlanda express - 320SEK for me and 3 kids one way (kids under 18 travel for free with an adult). This is a much longer journey than the Flygbusserna in Kiruna and a lot more comfortable too.
It is actually 3 zones from central station to the airport, these days it is 23.5 kroner with Rejsekort and 30 kroner for a cash ticket. With 20% discount for Rejsekort during off peak hours. So 25 years later the regular bus tickets is approaching the level of the SAS bus back then, and there has been lots of complaints that tickets in the Copenhagen area has generally increased above the inflation level.

Arlanda Express is kind of crazy, but pay it with a Danish or US credit card and it is not so bad....
Old Oct 9, 2023, 1:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It is actually 3 zones from central station to the airport, these days it is 23.5 kroner with Rejsekort and 30 kroner for a cash ticket. With 20% discount for Rejsekort during off peak hours. So 25 years later the regular bus tickets is approaching the level of the SAS bus back then, and there has been lots of complaints that tickets in the Copenhagen area has generally increased above the inflation level.

Arlanda Express is kind of crazy, but pay it with a Danish or US credit card and it is not so bad....
I thought it's 4 zones as it includes zone 1,2,3,4. So back in the time when we lived in Lyngby (Zone 51), I was buying 7 zones tickets (51,41,30,2,1,3,4) - 1x4 zone klip and 1x3 zone klip to CPH and no one told me that I overpaid (I found out much later that you don't count zones like that back then). The transportation cost here is insane, I let my 15 years old using it to go home from school and it ended up costing more than a ungdomskort (ca. 450kr a month). It's 20 minutes ride by car and around 20km or something like that. Btw the lovely Danish government scraped SU kort off for DOT (HT), so while my 18 years old living at home, it's cheaper for me to drive my child and back than buying ticket using rejsekort or pendlerkort. If my child bought a pendlerkort, the SU will be eaten up completely (if you don't know about the new SU rules - google it). When I was on SU they had this SU card that cost me very little for a 5 zone card for me to go back and forth to my university.

Considering Arlanda express is a non-stop service, it really isn't that bad by Swedish standard, basically it's for people who value time more than $, there are flygbusserna that only costs you 129SEK.
Old Oct 9, 2023, 1:28 pm
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: EB Diamond, M&M SEN, QR Gold, AY+ Gold, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
For Arlanda, there is also the commuter train (38 minutes, walk in price 39 SEK) so that is roughly 24 DKK and on par with the metro to CPH. But what irks people is that they need to pay the rather hefty station fee (addendum 132 SEK?) . Of course commuter train + bus the last few km fixes that, but increases travel time to 1h.
Old Oct 9, 2023, 4:29 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by intuition
For Arlanda, there is also the commuter train (38 minutes, walk in price 39 SEK) so that is roughly 24 DKK and on par with the metro to CPH. But what irks people is that they need to pay the rather hefty station fee (addendum 132 SEK?) . Of course commuter train + bus the last few km fixes that, but increases travel time to 1h.
The interesting thing is that SL’s night — actually super early morning — bus 593 shuttles people between ARN and Stockholm C in c. 39-45 minutes for a grand total of 39 SEK. Go earlier or later with SL and it’s like an hour or even more for bus+commuter train or bus+bus.

I do what I can to avoid paying the UL/SL ARN station fee surcharge, as I dislike it even more than the cost for the Arlanda Express. Haven’t paid it in a few years, but just the entrance/exit fee surcharge was comparable in cost to using Flygbussen the last time I used the station.
Old Oct 9, 2023, 4:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I thought it's 4 zones as it includes zone 1,2,3,4. So back in the time when we lived in Lyngby (Zone 51), I was buying 7 zones tickets (51,41,30,2,1,3,4) - 1x4 zone klip and 1x3 zone klip to CPH and no one told me that I overpaid (I found out much later that you don't count zones like that back then). The transportation cost here is insane, I let my 15 years old using it to go home from school and it ended up costing more than a ungdomskort (ca. 450kr a month). It's 20 minutes ride by car and around 20km or something like that. Btw the lovely Danish government scraped SU kort off for DOT (HT), so while my 18 years old living at home, it's cheaper for me to drive my child and back than buying ticket using rejsekort or pendlerkort. If my child bought a pendlerkort, the SU will be eaten up completely (if you don't know about the new SU rules - google it). When I was on SU they had this SU card that cost me very little for a 5 zone card for me to go back and forth to my university.

Considering Arlanda express is a non-stop service, it really isn't that bad by Swedish standard, basically it's for people who value time more than $, there are flygbusserna that only costs you 129SEK.
The Copenhagen zone map almost requires a PhD to get through. But for tickets it the furthest away, where as for commuter passes it is every zone that you pass. So for a commuter pass it would be 4, but as zone 2 stretches over to Amager, it only becomes 3 zones for an individual ticket. Welcome to the simplicity of figuring out travel prices in Copenhagen. I think Zone 51 should only have been 6 to the airport, but I need to double check.
Old Oct 9, 2023, 11:19 pm
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Having lived in Lyngby until recently I'm pretty sure it is 6 zones.
Old Oct 9, 2023, 11:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Nick Art
Indeed 6.
Old Oct 10, 2023, 6:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Nick Art
That's the thing - it's 7 if you count the zone number... 51, 41, 30, 2, 1, 3, 4 (from Lyngby to CPH) - somehow if you go this way 3&4 are counted as one zone. Absolutely no logic in this - I thought this same stupid logic applies to Nordsjaellands too but no.
Old Oct 10, 2023, 6:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

That's the thing - it's 7 if you count the zone number... 51, 41, 30, 2, 1, 3, 4 (from Lyngby to CPH) - somehow if you go this way 3&4 are counted as one zone. Absolutely no logic in this - I thought this same stupid logic applies to Nordsjaellands too but no.
Yeah, the effects are sometimes a bit weird. And there is a difference between the way of counting between single tickets and monthly commuter passes.
Old Oct 10, 2023, 6:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yeah, the effects are sometimes a bit weird. And there is a difference between the way of counting between single tickets and monthly commuter passes.
What kind of logic is that? Plus there is no "mćngderabat" like travel 7 zone and pays for 6.

Exactly - that was before smart phones and google. Even with rejsekort we don't have that discount on Nordsjaelland to anywhere. I had to tell my kid to use the rejsekort carefully and don't take the whole class on a trip with my card

I did that for 5 years... and found out after I moved to Sweden.
Old Oct 10, 2023, 4:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

What kind of logic is that? Plus there is no "mćngderabat" like travel 7 zone and pays for 6.

Exactly - that was before smart phones and google. Even with rejsekort we don't have that discount on Nordsjaelland to anywhere. I had to tell my kid to use the rejsekort carefully and don't take the whole class on a trip with my card

I did that for 5 years... and found out after I moved to Sweden.
​​​​​​
No logic at all?

The principle is that for a commuter pass you pay for every zone you pass through, where as for a single ticket you pay based on the zones that is the furthest away from your starting point. That means Lyngby (41) to Valby is 4 zones for a single ticket, but it is 3 zones from Valby to Lyngby.
There is a volume discount it used to be buy 7 and travel all zones, now it is buy 9 and travel all zones. Though also now the price per zone decreases as you buy longer trips.
Old Oct 10, 2023, 4:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

​​​​​​
No logic at all?

The principle is that for a commuter pass you pay for every zone you pass through, where as for a single ticket you pay based on the zones that is the furthest away from your starting point. That means Lyngby (41) to Valby is 4 zones for a single ticket, but it is 3 zones from Valby to Lyngby.
There is a volume discount it used to be buy 7 and travel all zones, now it is buy 9 and travel all zones. Though also now the price per zone decreases as you buy longer trips.
Also Lyngby is both zone 41 and 51. We used to live 2km north of it so it cost us 2 zones just to travel 2km down to Lyngby. Now that I have a car I don't have to worry about this. I only take public transport to get to and from CPH thanks to their exorbitant parking rate.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.