Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

Europe - GYD LH J 570Euros

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2024, 3:01 am
Original Poster

Lots of time in Euro J.
Slight variations in fare depending on departure city.
2025 dates only?

Sample

Works to some other cities in the region for a bit more.
Old Apr 29, 2024, 3:23 am

Originally Posted by tracon
Lots of time in Euro J.
Slight variations in fare depending on departure city.
2025 dates only?

Sample

Works to some other cities in the region for a bit more.
There are some dates in 2024 but scarce mainly on Wednesdays.
This is eurobiz in A321, standard legroom as in economy.
Old Apr 29, 2024, 5:17 am
Formerly known as tireman77

Looking at it from an AC milage run stance, assuming this is a P fare on LH, the TP intra Europe leg at 150% would negate the 50% LH on the outbound so all legs would earn (on agerage) 100% and yeild 6,500 SQDs for $825CAD. Not a bad return.

As fot the Euro-J, at least there is ample lounge time at FRA each way to lubricate myself into those seats. Plus I've always wanted to visit Baku. If only I was a yonger man...
Sisyphus1carus likes this.
Old Apr 29, 2024, 5:29 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Platinum, FlyingBlue Gold, Hilton Gold, Mucci des repas d'enfant
Originally Posted by PLeblond

As fot the Euro-J, at least there is ample lounge time at FRA each way to lubricate myself into those seats. Plus I've always wanted to visit Baku. If only I was a yonger man...
Never too old! Baku was really interesting, there’s a trip report from my recent visit if you want a flavour of the place.
Old Apr 29, 2024, 5:48 am

Originally Posted by JapesUK
Never too old! Baku was really interesting, there’s a trip report from my recent visit if you want a flavour of the place.
Oh... I'm not too old for Baku... Just too old for that much time in Euro-J which is bascially an Economy seat especially since I'd have to reposition to LIS.

As someone wiser than me once said on anothe thread; "I'm 20 years too old and 20lbs to hevay to make that trip"

Oh...and a great suggestion for anyone making this trip FRA has really cool airport bus tours that roam the tarmac and airport. I stongly recomend it on a long layover https://www.frankfurt-airport.com/en...932e46c247-tab
Old Apr 29, 2024, 7:55 am

Programs: BA Gold, AY Gold
Oh... I'm not too old for Baku... Just too old for that much time in Euro-J which is bascially an Economy seat especially since I'd have to reposition to LIS.

As someone wiser than me once said on anothe thread; "I'm 20 years too old and 20lbs to hevay to make that trip"

Oh...and a great suggestion for anyone making this trip FRA has really cool airport bus tours that roam the tarmac and airport. I stongly recomend it on a long layover https://www.frankfurt-airport.com/en...932e46c247-tab
As if taking a f***ing bus to a remote stand to catch your flight isn’t enough 😁 Just kidding, I took this bus tour as a kid in the 90s and it was great!
Old Apr 29, 2024, 9:07 am

Programs: UA 1k
I'd jump on this if to pad some segements for 1k, and because i'm interested in Baku. But I have an Armenian Stamp in my passport and don't need the hassle/risk.
Old Apr 29, 2024, 10:05 am

Programs: Qantas LTG, BA-Blue, KLM -Gold, SAS - Silver
I was stuck in a luxury hotel in Baku for ten days during the volcanic ash shutdown of 2010.
Things got so bad that we ran out of local beer and had to drink the imported stuff. Or maybe it was the other way round.
I went there often on business in the years 1998-2011. It changed completely in that time. Haven't been back since.
Old Apr 29, 2024, 10:43 am

Originally Posted by oblisk
... But I have an Armenian Stamp in my passport and don't need the hassle/risk.
That was not a problem during the years of an open dispute. There's no reason to expect a hassle now with the disputes mostly settled.
Old Apr 29, 2024, 12:32 pm
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
Looking at it from an AC milage run stance, assuming this is a P fare on LH, the TP intra Europe leg at 150% would negate the 50% LH on the outbound so all legs would earn (on agerage) 100% and yeild 6,500 SQDs for $825CAD. Not a bad return.

Dates I look it up it was a Z fare.
PLeblond likes this.
Old Apr 29, 2024, 2:03 pm

Originally Posted by fransknorge
Dates I look it up it was a Z fare.
Wow... once again, lesson to never assume.

On a Z fare that pays 150% all legs boosting SQMs to 9,700+ Even better,
Old Apr 29, 2024, 2:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances

Originally Posted by Alec84
As if taking a f***ing bus to a remote stand to catch your flight isn’t enough 😁 Just kidding, I took this bus tour as a kid in the 90s and it was great!
All European and UK airports have these tours and are mandatory, they are called "boarding and deplaning by bus", or "transferring between terminals"...
MaxFlyer and Sisyphus1carus like this.
Old Apr 30, 2024, 1:27 am

Programs: BA Gold, *A Silver, HH Gold, IHG Diamond
Annoyingly FRA to BYG is counted as a continental trip by LH so only 40 QPs but this is tempting (awful flight times back on the dates I looked at for the U.K.)
Old Apr 30, 2024, 6:07 am

Programs: BA GGL, British Midland Lifetime* Loser
Originally Posted by oblisk
I'd jump on this if to pad some segements for 1k, and because i'm interested in Baku. But I have an Armenian Stamp in my passport and don't need the hassle/risk.
They are a bit more relaxed about this than they used to be. Expect a couple of extra questions, nothing more.
Old Apr 30, 2024, 6:24 am

DUS-TBS can be found on a mix of OS/LH for €530 r/t.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.