Wiki Posts
Search

Due Compensation

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2024, 1:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
Due Compensation

On a recent BA flight LHR- ORD in F the flight was delayed and I missed my AA connection to San Antonio. Put up in a Chicago hotel for the night and re-booked the following morning. Am I due any compensation? I was charged for the hotel in SA that I did not use that night. Thanks for any advice.

(Also while I am sure not eligible for anything but hugely annoying my flight from MAN -LHR was delayed 1.5 hours meaning I had no time to use the Concord Lounge at LHR before the Chicago flight which in all honestly was the main reason I wanted to try F, Thanks BA)
Old Apr 29, 2024, 1:57 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by Bratislava Blade
On a recent BA flight LHR- ORD in F the flight was delayed and I missed my AA connection to San Antonio. Put up in a Chicago hotel for the night and re-booked the following morning. Am I due any compensation?
That depends on thecreason for the delay. Check the eu261 master thread for info.
Bratislava Blade likes this.
Old Apr 29, 2024, 1:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Maybe some Avios for the CCR “loss”
Nothing for the lost night’s hotel, that’s for insurance not the airlines (AKA consequential loss, Google it…)
If it’s an operational failing for the delay to ORD resulting in overnight in ORD, then you should be eligible to claim £520.

Lots more info in the main thread here The 2024 BA compensation thread: Your guide to Regulation EC261 / UK261
Old Apr 29, 2024, 1:58 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
The reason for the delay will determine if you are entitled to compensation, so a key question is what did the captain say in the pre-flight briefing? More details and how to claim is in the forum's main EC261 thread, but the fact that it was AA (and assuming it was one reservation) is still ok for compensation, it was BA that made you late.
Old Apr 29, 2024, 2:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
What was the reason for the delay on LHR-ORD?
Old Apr 29, 2024, 2:16 pm

Originally Posted by wrp96
What was the reason for the delay on LHR-ORD?
Another day, more A380 issues I'd assume. Twice I've flown to ORD and both times my flight was delayed. We'd need to know the day/flight number to check properly.
wrp96 and Bratislava Blade like this.
Old Apr 29, 2024, 2:17 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the fast replies all. I am not sure the reason for the delay, is there some way to retrospectively check?
Old Apr 29, 2024, 2:18 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by chriswiles
Another day, more A380 issues I'd assume. Twice I've flown to ORD and both times my flight was delayed. We'd need to know the day/flight number to check properly.
BA297 on Saturday 13th April
Old Apr 29, 2024, 2:37 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Bratislava Blade
Thanks for the fast replies all. I am not sure the reason for the delay, is there some way to retrospectively check?
No, not easily at this remove, hence the advice in the main thread to (a) listen to the preflight briefing since that's the best and easiest source of information, and (b) if you don't listen then ask in the relevant thread within a day or so. At a certain point the limited information we get will be erased. However you don't need to know the reason, you can just claim anyway, it's just that if BA declines compensation you aren't in a strong position. But that shouldn't stop you at this stage.
Old Apr 29, 2024, 2:43 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
You can use the link here to raise your claim

https://www.britishairways.com/conte...s/compensation

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.