Wiki Posts
Search

IRROP/missed connection advice

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2024, 12:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold
IRROP/missed connection advice

Hi, I’m on the delayed 193 LHR-DFW and have been rebooked onto tomorrow’s AA1974 flight to PHX dep 12.31pm.

This is far from ideal….last time I checked before departure there was a 22.30pm departure tonight, and at least a couple (I'm sure) of earlier departures to PHX tomorrow morning.

In-flight WiFi is shocking so I'm unable to check EF/AA/BA websites etc.

Can anyone have a look to see what chance I have of getting to PHX sooner? Booked in J but I don't care how I get there at this stage, it just needs to be AM at the latest preferably.

I also don't care if my luggage doesn't make it with me...so long as it gets there by tomorrow night I guess!

Thanks!
Old Jun 3, 2024, 1:07 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

There is a 21:30 tonight with seats available in economy class if you are quick on arrival
There is a flight tomorrow at 07:02 (AA1438) with 1 seat in business class and a few seats in economy class

You have to collect your luggage at DFW and check it in for onward flight anyway, so luggage will have to go with you

I would suggest contacting BA on arrival to get rebooked if it can do so
Old Jun 3, 2024, 1:08 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Dave Noble
There is a 21:30 tonight with seats available in economy class if you are quick on arrival
There is a flight tomorrow at 07:02 (AA1438) with 1 seat in business class and a few seats in economy class
Thank you sir x
Old Jun 3, 2024, 1:10 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Last direct American tonight in j is at 825pm according to google flights
There are red eyes after that with connections

There is a frontier flight leaving at 1058pm that is direct
Old Jun 3, 2024, 1:13 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Heres the frontier flight which under uk 261,you should be able to claim back
Old Jun 3, 2024, 1:14 pm

If you have time to catch it , the flight at 21:30 is AA1159 and departs from Terminal D which is same as the BA flight arrives at
the-doctor likes this.
Old Jun 3, 2024, 2:25 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
Tweet to American. They will ask you to DM and they will probably help you. They are very responsive.
wanderingjock and the-doctor like this.
Old Jun 3, 2024, 9:55 pm
Original Poster

I don't have Twitter, but I used the online chat feature on the AA app to (eventually) get provisionally booked onto the 10.30pm flight....while still on the waitlist for an earlier flight tomorrow, and ticketed for the missed connection. Agent kept asking me to phone the UK call center despite telling him I was airborne.

After a fair amount of confusion at the transfer desk, I was eventually confirmed onto this AA1744 departure....albeit in economy, after a dash from T-D to T-A, but that's better than getting there tomorrow lunchtime!

All is well x
TTmex, JPG3392, DXB2745 and 3 others like this.
Old Jun 4, 2024, 12:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
I'm sorry but why didn't you book the direct BA service to PHX rather than via DFW and exposing yourself to misconnection etc? As far as I recall the direct flight to PHX only departs 2 hours earlier than BA193.
Old Jun 4, 2024, 12:46 am

Programs: BA Gold; Hilton Honors Diamond
Without wishing to put words into the mouth of the OP I’m sure there’s all sorts of potential reasons.

I’ve just flown back to the UK for a week in Manchester and while I could have taken the direct LAS - LHR flight I ended up booking to fly via LAX instead. Two reasons to this: one was cost, and one was schedule.

Flying via LAX should have got me into MAN late afternoon so I’d have a chance to relax, have an early dinner etc. Due to a cancellation it didn’t - I ended up flying via DFW instead and had a six-hour layover at LHR.

Price was also a factor. Flying via LAX was $2700 in WTP whereas direct was significantly more and even though it was a work trip I baulk at spending the firm’s money when the fare is something I wouldn’t pay for out of my own pocket.
the-doctor likes this.
Old Jun 4, 2024, 12:59 am
Original Poster

Mostly price. Ł2k for a return TATL in J is hard to turn down on my budget. I knew there were 2+ further connecting flights to DFW after mine, plus a couple in the morning that would get me to work in time, so it was a calculated risk.

One could argue that with only 2 direct LHR-PHX flights today (and the BA one doesn't have the best punctuality this week), that the direct route carries its own risks....I figure it's 6 of one, 1/2 of the other..

And besides, this is FT - where there's more TPs to be learnt for *less* money, it's win-win in my book.

X
Kgmm77 likes this.
Old Jun 4, 2024, 3:16 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Originally Posted by SK AAR
I'm sorry but why didn't you book the direct BA service to PHX rather than via DFW and exposing yourself to misconnection etc? As far as I recall the direct flight to PHX only departs 2 hours earlier than BA193.
Just a general observation : when posters come to the forum with current/urgent IRROPS issues, about the last response they’re seeking is an interrogation as to why they’re on the flight in the first place.

Let’s focus on assisting the OP.
Old Jun 4, 2024, 5:31 am

Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
Just a general observation : when posters come to the forum with current/urgent IRROPS issues, about the last response they’re seeking is an interrogation as to why they’re on the flight in the first place.

Let’s focus on assisting the OP.
I would agree, but it does seem that in this case that the OP indicated 2 hours earlier that he was suitably rebooked
the-doctor likes this.
Old Jun 4, 2024, 9:51 am

“Suitable” rebooking is quite questionable if timing and CoS matters are involved. During the 2023 BA debacle I was repeatedly booked onto flights at times I couldn’t catch, with a downgrade from F to J, and with flights that if I had wanted the Tier Points may have been interesting (as in taking a whole day with various connections) but did not come into the category I had paid for (F via LHR/CCR with minimal connections).

I know, plenty are probably thinking I should book private if I have expectations of the service I paid for. But I don’t have that kind of money yet.
AJNEDC likes this.
Old Jun 4, 2024, 10:06 am

Programs: AA,SPG, Delta, Amtrak, JB
Originally Posted by Schultzois
“Suitable” rebooking is quite questionable if timing and CoS matters are involved. During the 2023 BA debacle I was repeatedly booked onto flights at times I couldn’t catch, with a downgrade from F to J, and with flights that if I had wanted the Tier Points may have been interesting (as in taking a whole day with various connections) but did not come into the category I had paid for (F via LHR/CCR with minimal connections).

I know, plenty are probably thinking I should book private if I have expectations of the service I paid for. But I don’t have that kind of money yet.
Perish the and every thought that one should expect to receive the service one is paying for. What dimension are you living in... Don't you know we don't do this here?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.