Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

RE: TSA Pre not showing up on boarding pass.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Today | 9:37 am
Original Poster
10 Countries Visited20 Countries Visited30 Countries Visited10 Years on Site

Hi All,

I did a search, but didn't see anything related to the subject. Apologies if I missed it.

I fly weekly, but never on United. Have a flight tomorrow morning on United and when I downloaded boarding pass 24 hours in advance, I noticed that neither me or my wife had TSA Pre on our boarding pass. Called United, they have it in their system and the numbers/names all match on their end so it was out of their control. They gave me a TSA Pre customer service number and told me to contact them. TSA Pre said the names and numbers match on their end so they had no idea why it wasn't showing up. They were going to "escalate".

Seemed strange that it was not showing up for me and my wife.

As it's my first time flying United in a while, was wondering - is there any reason that TSA Pre will magically appear closer to departure time, or am I just out of luck?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Last edited by 760Devilfan; Today at 9:38 am Reason: typo
Old Today | 9:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
50 Countries Visited3M100 Nights20 Years on Site

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
TSA PreCheck is not guaranteed on every flight even if you have your KTN in the reservation. So it's likely that you just didn't get it this trip. But, you can remove your KTN and re-add it to the reservation and see if that helps. That forces UA to do another "check" with TSA. You may or may not get PreCheck at that point.. But I would suggest you be prepared for normal security screening this trip.

I'm assuming you were provided actual BPs and not "see agent at airport"? If the latter then you possibly got SSSS'd which means no PreCheck.

-RM
Old Today | 9:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
40 Countries Visited80 Nights5M20 Years on Site

Programs: SQ, UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
I had this happened to me once. It was due to my KTN was inadvertently deleted from my Mileage Plus profile.
Once I called United, and had them re-entered the KTN, the issue went away.

Old Today | 9:58 am
Original Poster
10 Countries Visited20 Countries Visited30 Countries Visited10 Years on Site

Originally Posted by RobOnLI
TSA PreCheck is not guaranteed on every flight even if you have your KTN in the reservation. So it's likely that you just didn't get it this trip. But, you can remove your KTN and re-add it to the reservation and see if that helps. That forces UA to do another "check" with TSA. You may or may not get PreCheck at that point.. But I would suggest you be prepared for normal security screening this trip.

I'm assuming you were provided actual BPs and not "see agent at airport"? If the latter then you possibly got SSSS'd which means no PreCheck.

-RM
That is correct. Got an actual boarding pass, not "see agent at the airport".

I've heard that you are not guaranteed pre-check, but since I've had TSA Pre for the past 10ish years, I can't recall ever not getting it - so I was hoping that was just a dirty rumor . Guess this is my turn.

Thanks for the heads up on removing and then adding. I'll give that a go.

Thanks for the help.
Old Today | 11:58 am
20 Years on Site

Programs: AA ExecPlat; UA GS; Hyatt L. Globalist; Marriott Plat; Hilton Diamond; National EE
Originally Posted by 760Devilfan
That is correct. Got an actual boarding pass, not "see agent at the airport".

I've heard that you are not guaranteed pre-check, but since I've had TSA Pre for the past 10ish years, I can't recall ever not getting it - so I was hoping that was just a dirty rumor . Guess this is my turn.

Thanks for the heads up on removing and then adding. I'll give that a go.

Thanks for the help.
So how did it go for you please?
Old Today | 12:55 pm
15 Years on Site

Programs: Former UA1K transitioning to WFBF mentality
Check that your TSA Pre did not expire or, if tied to your Global Entry, that the latter status did not expire. I had both things happen (one time no TSA Pre randomly, another time because my Global Entry expired).
Old Today | 2:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
50 Countries Visited3M80 Nights15 Years on Site

Programs: UA 1K, AS MVP Gold, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
if he OP never flies UA ... sounds like the KTN # was not attached (properly). Can often get fixed during check-in if that is the case
Old Today | 3:47 pm
10 Years on Site

Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite, cattle-class with many others
My wife and I had a similar issue last month (same record, international outbound) but unlike the OP we fly United a lot (lifetime Gold here). PreCheck did not show on either of our mobile boarding passes, but when asking the two reps at the United Club about it they couldn’t see the issue in our record, and when they printed paper boarding passes as an experiment,,,,voila! TSA Pre was on both. We all left the discussion equally puzzled. I’ve never seen this.
Old Today | 4:01 pm
20 Years on Site

Programs: Hyatt Glob (Barely); Marriott Plat Life; AA Up and Down Now Plat; Hilton, UA, BA, HA Peasant
I went through a rather extended period of a somewhat similar situation at AA.

Without going into all the details of what was (or was not) happening, it usually healed itself if I reprinted at the airport. Not that it should have been necessary and it was frustrating, but the AA agents could not see anything wrong in my profile.
TallTexan likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.