Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is seafood meal any good?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2007, 10:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Exec Plat, UA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, National Exec, Hertz Pres
Is seafood meal any good?

I called the SIA office, and just found out that the travel agent requested a seafood meal for me on my LAX-TPE flight. I do not have any special dietary needs, so I don't know why she requested a seafood meal. Is the seafood meal the best one in economy class or is the regular meal better? Should I change it to a regular meal?
Old Mar 5, 2007, 12:46 pm

Programs: TK/QR Gold, Marriott/Accor Plat, IC Dia Amb, Avis/Hertz PC
I've had it before and its no different from a regular Y meal - except that its seafood only, of course.
Old Mar 5, 2007, 6:34 pm

Programs: KF Gold, Hilton Honours Gold, Starwood Gold
Originally Posted by EricUSC
I called the SIA office, and just found out that the travel agent requested a seafood meal for me on my LAX-TPE flight. I do not have any special dietary needs, so I don't know why she requested a seafood meal. Is the seafood meal the best one in economy class or is the regular meal better? Should I change it to a regular meal?

Hi there, I tried the seafood meal a few times (in economy). There are some scallops, prawns and fish. Not really my cup of tea though...I guess airplane seafood meal pales in comparison with fresh seafood !!
Old Mar 5, 2007, 6:48 pm

Programs: UA 1P
Seafood meals in Y are typically "over-cooked" from the re-heating.

BTC in J/F is slightly better (on the seafood items)
Old Mar 5, 2007, 7:03 pm

Programs: TK, SQ, TG, NW, PCR, MR, SPG
I have always requested for "special meals" for either oriental or seafood meals when travelling in Y class as this will ensure I will get to eat first as compared to the rest of the Y passengers who got their meals through the trolleys.
Old Mar 5, 2007, 8:50 pm

Programs: Frantic Hilton/Marriott runs
For travellers who don't mind spicy food, the muslim or indian vegetarian meals are a refreshing and exotic choice on the palate as compared to the usual and often mediocre fish/chicken choices. Great for those of us who have been away from home for too long.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.