SIXT - Upgrades

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2024, 7:11 am

Programs: Star Alliance Elite
5th rental in the past year at Sixt.

Status - Platinum (Status Match)
Reserved - 3 Series - LCAR
Offered - X3

Booked a 3-series, really wanted a sedan not an SUV.

Counter agent said all they have is a X3 and that a 5 series would be a paid upgrade, I told her I didn't want a SUV, i reserved a sedan. I mentioned Platinum status should allow a free upgrade, she said no she can't do it. I mentioned yea you just don't want to, give me the X3.

Went out, I see several 4 series and other sedans around.
Didn't even want to talk to another person.

Platinum is useless, app doesn't work to choose the car in advance. LAS, service is probably very location dependant.

I hate agents and just want to go straight to my car. Nope, you have to line up, they waste time re-entering the same info they already have, ask dumb questions. Then tell me I have to go outside, line up again to get the car keys. Very poor process, I prefer Hertz where I talk to no one, choose a car and drive out.

Do better Sixt.
Doubt i'll use them again unless I really have to.
Old Jul 23, 2024, 7:29 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist (Full), Marriott Titanium, IHG Spire, Wyndham DIA, Hilton Gold, AA EXP
Status - Platinum (status match)
Reserved - 2 Series (GCAR)
Received - 5 Series (XCAR) - 530i xDrive

We were asked if we wanted a smaller or bigger car. Said large then we got this 5 series. It was MUCH MUCH MUCH better than the next door - Payless which we booked from last time - Mitsubishi Mirage with 78 hp....
Old Jul 27, 2024, 8:02 am

Programs: A bit of this and a bit of that
Recent experiences:

Status - Diamond (Amex - Status Match)
Reserved - Mercedes A Class
Received - BMW X5

Reserved - VW Polo
Received - BMW X3
Received - Mercedes C300d e Hybrid (with 10km on)

EDIT: added LIS
4004 likes this.

Last edited by tuchop; Aug 22, 2024 at 1:42 am
Old Aug 24, 2024, 4:51 pm

Status - Express
Reserved - RFAR (GMC Acadia or similar)
Received - ? (Mazda CX90)

Tried to get an upgrade since the mazda wasn't really what we were looking for and there was no similar car in class. She mentioned a lot of cars (Tahoe, Suburban, Expedition), but all somehow fell apart without any reasoning. I don't know if these were really on the lot, booking them in avance was not possible though - maybe holding them back for good customers? We were disappointed, since we always had a choice and multiple options at MIA.

All In all a pretty disappointing experience, although the car is fine (its just veerry low spec). Don't know which category it is, would say between SFAR and RFAR sizewise.
Old Aug 24, 2024, 5:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy LT Titanium, HH Gold, National Executive
Originally Posted by J0H8NNX
Status - Express
Reserved - RFAR (GMC Acadia or similar)
Received - ? (Mazda CX90)

Tried to get an upgrade since the mazda wasn't really what we were looking for and there was no similar car in class. She mentioned a lot of cars (Tahoe, Suburban, Expedition), but all somehow fell apart without any reasoning. I don't know if these were really on the lot, booking them in avance was not possible though - maybe holding them back for good customers? We were disappointed, since we always had a choice and multiple options at MIA.

All In all a pretty disappointing experience, although the car is fine (its just veerry low spec). Don't know which category it is, would say between SFAR and RFAR sizewise.
NOt sure what you were expecting, but I'd take a CX-90 over what you rented any day, THAT was an upgrade.
Old Aug 24, 2024, 5:18 pm

Originally Posted by FlightNurse
NOt sure what you were expecting, but I'd take a CX-90 over what you rented any day, THAT was an upgrade.
Americans are always very well equipped at Sixt. The new Acadias and Traverse at Sixt have all the bells and whistles while the Mazda is as basic as it can come from factory (No XM, no Touchscreen, No wireless Carplay, no electrical/Ventilated seats, no assisted steering).
Its large, good to ride and has an inline 6 - thats why we're alright with the car, but would have prefered the more usual cars in RFAR Class (as mentioned)
Old Aug 24, 2024, 5:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy LT Titanium, HH Gold, National Executive
Originally Posted by J0H8NNX
Americans are always very well equipped at Sixt. The new Acadias and Traverse at Sixt have all the bells and whistles while the Mazda is as basic as it can come from factory (No XM, no Touchscreen, No wireless Carplay, no electrical/Ventilated seats, no assisted steering).
Its large, good to ride and has an inline 6 - thats why we're alright with the car, but would have prefered the more usual cars in RFAR Class (as mentioned)
the base CX-90 has wireless carplay, a touchscreen, and power steering.
https://www.mazdausa.com/shopping-to...5C90SE/summary
Old Aug 24, 2024, 6:36 pm

Originally Posted by FlightNurse
the base CX-90 has wireless carplay, a touchscreen, and power steering.
Thats interesting

Our car clearly has no wireless carplay, usb required. And also no Touchscreen (otherwise something would move if i touch the display ^^). Drivers assistance also nothing.
Its a CX90, from the mileage (7000) built early this year or end of last year.

its just that we had all those stuff on our last rentals with sixt and therefore this "premium" attitude and expectation. Guess you can call that a luxury Problem
Old Aug 29, 2024, 2:45 am

Programs: LeClub Accor Gold, SAS EuroBonus Gold, Sixt Platinum, Hertz PC
Status - Platinum (status match)
Reserved - Full size (FCAR)
Received 1 - Ford Escape 1.6 ST
Received 2 - Volvo S60 B5

Two week rental, went back in after one week since I wanted to try another car.
Old Sep 1, 2024, 6:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by tuchop
Recent experiences:

Reserved - Mercedes A Class
Received - BMW X5

Reserved - VW Polo
Received - BMW X3
Received - Mercedes C300d e Hybrid (with 10km on)

EDIT: added LIS
impressive upgrades.
tuchop likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.