Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Disappeared Direct flight Chicago-Barcelona

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2024, 12:05 pm
Original Poster

Question Disappeared Direct flight Chicago-Barcelona

It looks like American and United eliminated their direct flights from ORD - BCN (after October 2024). Any insights about whether they are coming back?
Old Aug 19, 2024, 9:14 am

Programs: IB+, BAEC
Is Level part of the TATL JV, I could easily see that route going to Level.
Old Aug 19, 2024, 10:48 am

Programs: LH FTL, Ex UA 1P
Originally Posted by lunagomez
It looks like American and United eliminated their direct flights from ORD - BCN (after October 2024). Any insights about whether they are coming back?
Probably regular schedule adjustment for the winter season. I'd expect the flights to come back for the summer season 2025.
Old Aug 20, 2024, 3:19 am

Programs: AA Platinum Pro (LT Gold), Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium, National Exec,Hyatt,Melia, BA Exec, Iberia+
Originally Posted by haubd
Probably regular schedule adjustment for the winter season. I'd expect the flights to come back for the summer season 2025.
I don’t know about United, but American has temporarily eliminated a number of flights to Europe after summer due to delays with shipments of new Boeing aircraft. This doesn’t list ORD-BCN, so that may be seasonal, though I wouldn’t be surprised if more had been canceled https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2024/04/26/...ng-delays.html
Old Aug 20, 2024, 8:25 am

Programs: UA PP, 2 MM; IC;
Originally Posted by spainlover
I don’t know about United, but American has temporarily eliminated a number of flights to Europe after summer due to delays with shipments of new Boeing aircraft. This doesn’t list ORD-BCN, so that may be seasonal, though I wouldn’t be surprised if more had been canceled https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2024/04/26/...ng-delays.html
End of season.. happened with United last year... resumes in April/May... think May 1st but could be wrong... I know as I was shopping for flights at that time a year ago...
spainlover likes this.
Old Aug 21, 2024, 11:18 am

Programs: AA Platinum Pro (LT Gold), Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium, National Exec,Hyatt,Melia, BA Exec, Iberia+
Originally Posted by Buzzman
End of season.. happened with United last year... resumes in April/May... think May 1st but could be wrong... I know as I was shopping for flights at that time a year ago...
got it. In case of NYC, the JFK-BCN flight on American had been year-round since at minimum 2007, so it’s a big shift, and especially with the America’s Cup happening thru late October in Barcelona!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.