Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

Is this all the *A Gold Lounges

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is this all the *A Gold Lounges

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2014 | 10:38 am
30 Countries Visited1M10 Years on Site

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Originally Posted by henrus
Is it true that HNL Airport is open air or is that old data and if so do you have any photos of the terminal inside
Going from the UC, you will exit the enclosed area and walk open-air for about 10 minutes until you reach your gate, which will be in an enclosed area. I believe our airport is a breath of fresh air compared to most.....
Old Jun 16, 2014 | 12:10 pm
10 Years on Site

Programs: Miles&Smiles Gold
There is a new Star Alliance lounge at Terminal 3 in SAO Paulo
Old Feb 13, 2015 | 10:10 pm

Programs: GlobalEntry, TSA Pre✓
Was doing some research before my trip from AMS-IAD-SEA and came across this looking for an option for AMS.... The SQ SilverKris lounge that's listed, doesn't appear to exist anymore from what I can tell?

The SQ website no longer lists it, instead it appears they now contract out to Swissport/Servisair.
Old Feb 14, 2015 | 3:39 am
Community Director
40 Countries Visited80 Nights1M15 Years on Site

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by pixitha
Was doing some research before my trip from AMS-IAD-SEA and came across this looking for an option for AMS.... The SQ SilverKris lounge that's listed, doesn't appear to exist anymore from what I can tell?

The SQ website no longer lists it, instead it appears they now contract out to Swissport/Servisair.
For a capital city, there is relatively little *A emphasis on AMS now - I think just BR, SQ, SK, LH, LX and LO have flights there, and only into hubs. The importance to Star is perhaps epitomised by the complete absence of a service to a major world city and financial centre in the form of London - many years ago, this was offered by BD to and from LHR as a prime route but they dropped it long before the sale to BA.

Nonetheless, you could say that LH's commitment to AMS is at least as good as it is to LHR in terms of flights (at LHR they've switched everything except FRA and MUC to 4U), yet they decided to build a new lounge in LHR T2 and don't have their own in AMS. That would suggest that there's high demand for premium passengers on enough routes out of London that they have to offer a competing product to rival BA, but that volume of premium traffic doesn't exist out of AMS - which is also evidenced by SQ's decision to sub-contract their lounge arrangements.

Given the long-term trend of Star pulling away from AMS, that's probably not something that's going to change in the future.
Old Feb 15, 2015 | 5:31 pm

Programs: AFKL Plat STE+ (LT), OZ Diam+ *G (LT), QF Gold OWS (LTG 83%)
Missing :

Lufthansa Senator Lounge Paris - Charles De Gaulle Lufthansa Senator Lounge: Terminal 1, departure satellite number 6, behind security control
Old Feb 17, 2015 | 4:15 am

Originally Posted by NWIFlyer
For a capital city, there is relatively little *A emphasis on AMS now - I think just BR, SQ, SK, LH, LX and LO have flights there, and only into hubs.
That tends to happen at a hub for another alliance :-).
Not much F on *A from AMS as well.... so nothing really special needed.

The basic Service Air lounge is what we get.
Old Feb 17, 2015 | 5:09 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by NWIFlyer
For a capital city, there is relatively little *A emphasis on AMS now - I think just BR, SQ, SK, LH, LX and LO have flights there, and only into hubs.
UA, too, from IAD/ORD/EWR/IAH. @:-)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.