Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

Best Trans Atlantic Service

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2003, 9:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH Senator, Hertz Presidents Circle, IHG Plat. Previous: UA 1K, AAdvantage Platinum;

A little survey for you all ...

I am going to flying over the pond C class. Which *A parter has the best service and metal?

Thanks
Old Oct 24, 2003, 9:31 am
J-H

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; AA EXP
Depends on where you are flying to. I've only flown C transatlantic on UA/SQ/US. Out of the three I'd say:

1. SQ - if you want best service and catering. Many opinions on whether Space bed is comfortable or not.

2. US - If you are 1K and can get row 1 on the 330 (flat, 90 inch pitch) - best First seat I've slept on.

3. UA - if you want a reasonably comfortable seat (C+ configuration) and care about flying on UA metal (HK49). You get good service if you get the LHR based crew.

Old Oct 24, 2003, 9:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM. DL Plat, AS MVP
As this is really a *A question, I am going to move this post to here.

Zach
Moderator.

Now that it is moved....

I have always thought that BD offers the best C experience. I will go out of my way to fly them. Prefer it to UA in F, and it is much better than LH/ SQ/ OS/ SK in C.

[This message has been edited by zrs70 (edited 10-24-2003).]
Old Oct 24, 2003, 12:22 pm
Suspended

I haven't flown BD in C class but can say OS far beats LH, UA and AC.
Old Oct 24, 2003, 11:19 pm

Programs: LH Sen // HH Dia; Bonvoy LTTE
IMO, BD C is superior to any carrier (including LH F, SQ F) transatlantic. They treat you like a king.

------------------
Pictures from hotel stays
Basic Hotel stays/nights/points calculator
Short overview: KLM FD, LH M&M

[This message has been edited by LH738 (edited 10-24-2003).]
Old Oct 25, 2003, 2:08 pm

Programs: AA ExecPl, AT Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, National
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by LH738:
IMO, BD C is superior to any carrier (including LH F, SQ F) transatlantic. They treat you like a king.

</font>

I agree. I flew BD C from MAN-IAD a few weeks ago. I was greeted at my seat as I boarded, a bottle of champagne was brought to my seat to pour a full glass for me, every amenity was personally brought to me as opposed to being passed out from a cart. The seats were lovely, food was amazing (prepared by the on-board chef.) The noise cancelling headphones were also great. BD really makes you feel welcome and respected in business class. A cute touch was that the hot flight attendant (who was about 30) addressed me (who's 23) by first name the whole flight and the man sitting next to me (who was much older than he was) by last name. I think BD really goes out of their way to provide as much personalized service as possible.

I'd say SK was one of the worse C class services I've been on. The flight attendants were so friendly and lovely, but the seats, entertainment, amenities, and food were just mediocre.

[This message has been edited by chrisny2 (edited 10-25-2003).]
Old Oct 29, 2003, 4:57 pm

Programs: Onetime bmi * Gold lifetime membership, BA Gold, HH Diamond, Starwood Gold
I agree that bmi offer the best transatlantic business product. The seats are reasonable but the food, inflight entertainment and staff are outstanding. I flew UA in first last week and they staff were so-so, the food bad and the cabin dirty. Although the seat is better for sleeping than bmi.
Old Oct 29, 2003, 11:59 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by bmifly:
I agree that bmi offer the best transatlantic business product. </font>
Can anyone compare BD with the Privatair all business jets operating for LH on routes such as EWR-DUS? I've been on one of these last month and found it great, much nicer than the standard LH product.

And LH is going to introduce a brand new BC next year, so the competition may open again.

Shuly

------------------
Check www.airtravel.tk for on-line air travel resources (fares, availability, seat maps etc.)
Old Oct 30, 2003, 6:55 pm

Programs: BA GGL, British Midland Lifetime* Loser
BD's C is excellent for the same reasons as NZ's Y is enjoyable. It has nothing to do with the technical properties of the seats or the performance of the IFE system - but everything to do with class, distinction, style and customer service.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.