Wiki Posts
Search

Sheraton Sapporo

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2002, 10:19 am
DCW
Original Poster

Sheraton Sapporo

Planning to stay at Sheraton Sapporo in early Feb. during the snow festival how is the hotel and what will I expect as gold. Thanks
Old Jan 10, 2002, 12:00 pm

Sheraton Sapporo is indeed the newest and tallest hotels to open in Sapporo and you will be staying there during one of their peakest travel week of the year in Sapporo.

There are alot of Starwood Gold members in Japan as well and as more people are traveling domestically these days, I would suspect the competition for any room upgrade
is rather slim.

You should also know that there will be alot of extra flights from both HKG and TPE to Sapporo that week! The Sapporo Snow Festival is quite awesome and I hope you will enjoy!

Old Jan 11, 2002, 2:22 pm

I perfectly agree with Kaoru.
In addition,
Sheraton Sapporo is located in the suburb of Sapporo.
It has a large spa and sauna facility.
Old Jan 13, 2002, 8:19 pm
DCW
Original Poster

As I know that the hotel is pretty full during the snow festival period, I am not looking for a room upgrade although one will be nice. I have reserved a Jr. Suite and wanted to know if I will be in the executive floors? I am pretty new to Starwood (comp. from AE Plat.). Is their executive floors similar to Hilton's Tower/Executive Lounge and Hyatt's Regency/Grand Club? Thanks
Old Jan 17, 2002, 1:48 pm

No and Yes.

Sorry about not sure info. These are rumor.
Jr. Suites are in the both executive and non-executive floors in Sheraton Sapporo.
If you reserved Jr. Suite (or higher) in non-executive floor on RACK RATE you have a executive lounge access.
Or you will be able to use the lounge by Y3000.
Please inquire at the hotel.

BTW Jr. Suite of Sheraton Sapporo is exactly "Jr."...
Old Jun 10, 2004, 3:59 pm
Community Director Emerita

Does anyone have more recent information on this hotel? I am interested both in the quality of the hotel, and the convenience of the location for sightseeing.
Old Aug 5, 2004, 4:24 pm

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
I am also interested in current information. So. Yes or no please. The Hotel does have a executive lounge?
Old Aug 5, 2004, 6:10 pm

Programs: NH-PLT/SFC, JL-JMG/JGP, SPG-PLT, HH-DIA, GP-DIA,PC/IC-P/RA,MR-GLD
Sapporo

Unfortunately there is no executive floor, no gym in Sheraton Sapporo. But It has a large SPA on the underground. It is located in Shin-Sapporo city, for 15 mins by JR, 20 mins by metro and 30 mins by taxi from "susukino" which is in the central of Sapporo city.( no hotel shuttle bus) During the snow festival period, even for PLT it is hard to get the room upgrade.(Sorry, I don't know the privilege for GLD.) It is not convenient for sightseeing and night-life because of it's location.
Old Aug 5, 2004, 10:28 pm

yasuki, thank you so much for that information. Have you stayed at the Renaissance in Sapporo? If so, which do you consider the preferable property?
Old Aug 5, 2004, 10:53 pm

SanDiego1K, I always stay at the Renaissance Sapporo Hotel. Rooms are wide(at least more than 37㎡ for standard rooms) and it has a gym and a swimming pool. It is located bits far from "susukino"(15mins walk), but hotel shuttle bus is available between Sapporo-station, susukino and hotel twice in an hour. The only problem for me (Japanese) is that they don't have washlet toilets.
Old Aug 5, 2004, 10:59 pm

yasuki, you've been enormously helpful. You've probably saved me a big disappointment with my initial hotel choice. Thank you so much.
Old Aug 6, 2004, 7:13 am

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
yasuki Thank you also. SanDiego1k and I were on the same hotel track. Me until yesterday night when I got a e-mail confirming my reservation at my favorite hotel in Kyoto for a great rate. So I am off to Kyoto for a couple nights in October. You have been very helpful. Please post a little more information on transport from Chitose to Sheraton and Renaissance. How many days would your recommend in Sapporo and Otaru for a tourist which we are? Any other information very very much appreciated. Regards
Old Aug 6, 2004, 9:52 pm

You are welcome, SanDiego1K and RTWSTARALLIANCE. I will talk about the transport. The underground of Shin Chitose airport, you can find "Shin Chitose airport station. It takes 28mins to Shin Sapporo station by rapid train and it is quite easy for you to find the Sheraton Sapporo hotel because the hotel is next to the station. And you can go to Sapporo station with more 8mins by rapid train from Shin Sapporo station. I recommend that you would go to the Renaissance Sapporo Hotel by taxi (10mins) if you would have large luggeages. Otherwise the hotel shuttle bus is available from SEIBU Hyakkaten which is 100m walk from Sapporo station. The hotel shuttle bus leaves there from 8:43 to 20:43 (43th min on each hour), so it is available for once an hour.(Sorry that I said twice before) During your stay at Sapporo and Otaru, maybe you need 3 or 4 days. It takes 32mins from Sapporo to Otaru by rapid train, so you would come back to Sapporo From Otaru in the same day. In Otaru, you can see beautiful canals, but I recommend that you would go to "Noboribetsu" if you like "onsen". 60mins from Sapporo by express and stay one night there.
Old Aug 6, 2004, 10:27 pm

This is tremendously helpful information. You have come on FT at just the right time to help my in my trip planning. Thank you so much.
Old Aug 7, 2004, 8:55 am

Ditto. yasuki I have no status with Marriott who owns the Renaissance chain. No chance at upgrade. Is it worth paying for Club access? How much? Any suggestions. Thank you again.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.