Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Kansas City: Westin or Sheraton?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2003, 8:38 am

Programs: Delta Plat, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Does anyone recall it the Westin Crown Center has a club level lounge? Just curious. thanks
Old Oct 9, 2003, 8:49 am

Programs: AA Plat, Hilton Diamond *Wood Gold, Hertz PC
When I stayed at the Westin in late August they did not have a club lounge.

However, one night on the way to my room I noticed someone from housekeeping was cleaning a large and empty suite. (on the 17th floor). I asked what they were doing with the empty room and she said that it was going to be the new club lounge and that it should be open very soon.

I forgot to note the room number. I was the first or second room on the 17th floor in one of the wings that overlook the pool.

If anyone has any current experience, please let us know. This Westin is a frequent stop for me and a club lounge would be great.
Old Oct 9, 2003, 10:42 am

I have a call in to the front desk manager at the momemt. When he /she returns my call, I'll just ask about the 17th floor and let you know!
Old Oct 10, 2003, 7:19 am

Well, it figures! No one called back. I called this morning and they said they do not have a club level lounge. Oh well.
Old Oct 10, 2003, 8:25 am

Programs: AA Plat, Hilton Diamond *Wood Gold, Hertz PC
I really have to wonder if they were creating a private club lounge. This hotel is the hotel for Hallmark employees. They even have a special check in line for them. It wouldn't surprise me if they were creating a club lounge just for Hallmark employees. The staff member that I spoke to was adamant about the lounge.

I'll be there again in Nov and will look for the room.

[This message has been edited by WestCoastFlyer (edited 10-10-2003).]
Old Jul 17, 2004, 9:11 am

Programs: AA EXP
I'm in the Westin now. So we'll call this an update.

I've been in three different rooms. THey are all fairly so-so -- just not very nice. Not nasty, but not what I'd really expect from a Westin.

There's no lounge on the 17th floor. -- that appears to have never materialized.

Unless you specifically need to be in this area, I'd try any other property...it's got to be better.

Steve
Old Jul 21, 2004, 7:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Too bad I missed you. Was there for the weekend too, on a spree of BBQ, baseball and beer. Had a very acceptable room on the 16th floor, SPG non-smoking level, overlooking the War Memorial. Very friendly staff. Only problem was the lack of Moulton Brown shampoo to go with the other bath items of that brand. Instead I got the usual Westin shampoo, but MB conditioner and lotion. Also, the Heavenly Bath only had one nozzle, not the two variety most other Westins have. Very exotic Italian water on offer as a SPG perk, though. As noted this is a Hallmark staff hotel, and the SPG check-in line is shared with the Hallmark staff check-in.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.