Wiki Posts
Search

Westin Bangkok - good choice?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2004, 5:36 am
Original Poster

Westin Bangkok - good choice?

Hi -

Got a PL deal at the Westin, and as I'm now a SPG Platinum, been told I'll most probably be getting an Executive Suite. However, noted in some threads here, that the Westin sucks in comparison with the Sheraton. Is this true? How can I max my stay there being a Platinum? Would be grateful for any comments/photos from anyone who has stayed at the Westin's suites, too? Many thanks.
Old Jul 20, 2004, 5:59 am

How can I max my stay there being a Platinum?
According to SPG policy, you can't. It's a Priceline stay.
Old Jul 20, 2004, 7:50 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by UpgradeMe
According to SPG policy, you can't. It's a Priceline stay.
Well, I just phoned the reservation desk - nothing was mentioned about my PL deal and was told I would be getting an Executive Suite if available.
Old Jul 20, 2004, 10:20 am

Smile

Westin BKK mini report

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stayed at this hotel for a total of 7 nights in May as a Platinum.

Pros -

- Received an automatic upgrade to a suite not on the exec floor but still a wonderful room none the less. A room ending in 07. $ 85.00 a night. 2 TV’s 1.5 baths, sitting room, bedroom, dressing area and a full bath. Quite nice.

- Amenity was 500 points or a gift ( didn’t ask ) or a 200 BT F&B credit.

- Lounge had a great assortment of foods at all times. Seems there is a 2 drink max.

- All staff was attentive and really quite good. A good deal of refurb noise during he day that seemed to stop at 5PM. No real complaints. Everything was clean and in good repair.

Cons –

- The lobby on the 7th floor is a pain to negotiate several times a day. The lower lobby is somewhat unimpressive if you are meeting clients etc.

- I was under the impression the upper lobby and restaurants had not been refurbished. They have been apparently and as such they are still tired and very much outdated. As a design pro purple and tired beige marble aren’t considered even remotely contemporary. Very disappointed to hear that. The food and staff in the restaurant and bar were attentive and friendly Seemingly reasonably priced.

It was good at $ 85 but I cant be an advocate of paying more than that.

Let me add that in retrospect after two months the suite was really quite nice. Bath and a half, living rom, bedroom, dressing area. Newly refurbished, attended to promptly.

Out of curiosity what is your PL rate ? If they deny you the upgrade for some reason ( and they were happy to confirm it in writing via email for me ) you might be able to buy up for a small sum.
Old Jul 20, 2004, 8:30 pm
Original Poster

Hi -

Thanks v much for your report and your tip - will certainly try to confirm with them ref the upgrade via e-mail.

We got a PL deal of $60 ++ for 3 nights. Was kinda aiming for $55 but that didn't pan out.

BTW, did you use the "butler service" there (or anywhere else for the matter)? Been wondering what this means - packing/unpacking for the guests etc?

Thanks again!
Old Jul 20, 2004, 9:31 pm

Programs: UA 2MM Lifetime Plat, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
I think the place is great. I'm Plat and used points for 3 different stays in the last year. Every room I had was great, one stay was the Presidential Suite. If you ever stayed there you'd go back in a flash...

I can't compare it the the Sheraton across the street, but I was pleased with the Westin.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.