Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

How often do you get incidental points to credit automatically on prepaid stays?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How often do you get incidental points to credit automatically on prepaid stays?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2004, 6:57 pm
Original Poster

I have had 2 stays in the last 6 weeks that were prepaid with Sheratons. One was through a package and the other was through a third-party website. ON both of the stays I had some spending - $3 to $10 - neither credited. It is bad enough that all the benefits are docked, but why do we have to work extra hard to get the points credited, when we're told that they will?

What experiences have others had?
Old Jul 21, 2004, 10:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Starpoints on my incidentals on Starwood pre-paids have always posted just fine.

Are you sure your incidental spending is on Starpoint qualifying items? Some states don't allow points on booze, and other things like Parking don't earn Starpoints.
Old Jul 22, 2004, 2:39 pm

Programs: AA PLT, SPG Gold, Hyatt Platinum, HHonors, Marriott Silver
I often have trouble getting incidentals to post for my stays, which usually have the room & tax on a master bill account. Frequently have to fax receipts to SPG to get points. Didn't receive a bonus last year for the "spend over $100..." at Starwood properties since incidental charges didn't post automatically...even with SPG # on receipt.
Old Jul 22, 2004, 3:32 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Never had any problems, as long as I make sure the hotel enters my SPG# when checking in. This includes priceline, tour group, etc...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.