Wiki Posts
Search

$1 = 6 points?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2004, 12:07 am
Original Poster

$1 = 6 points?

Hi -

I've just signed up for promotion code 226 (3X points). Incidentally, I was informed it was valid from 1 July to 31 August.

Anyway, I've been wondering about a couple of things:

1. Does that mean I'll be 6 points per dollar cuz I'm also a Platinum?

2. Got an upcoming PL stay, so is the promotion also applicable for the incidental expenses, or just the room expenses (which will be none in my case).

Would appreciate anybody's words of wisdom on the matter. Thanks
Old Jul 22, 2004, 1:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB lifetime Gold, BW Diam Sel
Originally Posted by lesmiz99
I've just signed up for promotion code 226 (3X points). Incidentally, I was informed it was valid from 1 July to 31 August.
1. Does that mean I'll be 6 points per dollar cuz I'm also a Platinum?
I don't know about question 2 (Priceline stay), but wrt question 1:

If it's indeed a triple points promo, you should receive 7 points per dollar. Only the base points would be tripled, not the Gold/Platinum bonus. So, 3 times 2 base points per dollar = 6, plus 1 Gold/Plat bonus point per dollar = 7.

If it's a double points promo, you should receive 5 points per dollar. 2 times 2 base points per dollar = 4, plus 1 Gold/Plat bonus point per dollar = 5.

This is based on recent experience with a double points promo. I checked and checked again with Starwood (as Lurker can attest) to verify that the Gold/Plat bonus is NOT doubled.

Of course, the rules could always change!
Old Jul 22, 2004, 4:02 am

Location: Florida - Delta Charter DM/3.3MM; Lifetime SPG Plat; HH Gold;
Was this targetted? I have not heard about this promotion and I am confident that I am not the only one who would like to sign up.
Old Jul 22, 2004, 4:10 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by RunawayNFly
Was this targetted? I have not heard about this promotion and I am confident that I am not the only one who would like to sign up.
Spotted the code in one of the posts here, called up *wood and ... voila!
Old Jul 22, 2004, 6:38 am

Location: Florida - Delta Charter DM/3.3MM; Lifetime SPG Plat; HH Gold;
I tried to sign up just now and was told that this could not be combined with Promotion Code 213, which is stay 5 nights and get 5000 starwood points.

That's OK because I snagged an extra 10,000 points with the latter promotion. I am still a VERY happy Camper with Starwood promotions! I just hope that the promotions "just keep on comin'!!!!

Thanks Starwood Preferred for being such a wonderful Frequent Guest Program!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.