Community
Wiki Posts
Search

1 night short of platinum?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2004, 6:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP & 3MM, SPG GLD
Good points about the 25 stays!

You could also do what I do on some of my trips and bounce around to different Hotels.

I'll be taking a trip to Seattle this fall and will be bouncing all over the place.
W - nights 1,2
Sheraton Bellvue - night 3
Sheraton Seattle - night 4
W - night 5
Westin - night 6
Sheraton Bellvue - night 7
W - nights 8,9,10
Sheraton Bellvue - night 11
Westin - night 12
Sheraton Seattle - night 13
W - night 14,15,16

Whew maybe that's a little too much!
I do this because I think it's fun to the different Starwood properties in certain areas and to get my number of stays. Of course I can only do this on business b/c my S.O. would have none of this nonsense on vacations !
Old Aug 5, 2004, 8:44 pm

Programs: DL-S,NW-S,*W-P,6C-Pl&RA
Moving Around to Catch Stays

I usually check out hotels to determine if I would stay there longer or with family. It is easy to do when a lot of my trips are solo. More difficult with several others along - too much hassle. Gives chance to make it based on stays as well as find a few gems I would otherwise miss.

I am concentrating on plat and should have in the next month with upcoming 2 week swing.

Good tip on multiple jumps - maybe a little too much for me.
Old Aug 6, 2004, 10:13 am

Programs: AC*Elite, Marriott Gold, SPG Plat
Just call SPG and ask to be bumped to the PLT

I had similar issue. I had 45 nights and 14 stays this year as of last week. I got really annoyed paying those gym fees at the W and Westin. Called SPG and asked them to bump me up to PLT based on my revenue spent. The agent told me that it is not automatic and that she will recommend that they review my account. Two days later I had PLT
Old Aug 9, 2004, 9:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: Continental OnePass, Starwood SPG, Hyatt Gold Passport, Marriott Rewards, American Express Rewards,
The Sheraton BOS is well known for suite UGs for PLATS, so you'd have scored a suite 80% of the time or more!

You'd have been granted access to that hotel's Club Lounge (which is actually quite good) for both evening snacks and breakfast.

both of which i already get anyway...both as a gold member and as an employee working under a specially negotiated rate. the only thing i can tell that i've missed out on is 500 points per checkin. so i guess it's a matter of how many times i plan to stay in a sheraton next year?

In fact, I'm still a little curious as to whether your posed question was legit or an attempt to stir up a lot of dust

why would someone do that?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.