Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Res. agent suggests leaving my toddler at home?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2004, 1:34 pm
Original Poster

The Westin Whistler sent me a promo rate and when trying to book , the only 1 bedroom to come up was wheelchair accessible. When clicking on the rate details there was no clear indication of having the separate bedroom (which is necessary for our 3 year old to fall asleep). When phoning the reservation agent there to clarify she would not assure me of having the separate bedroom (even though the rate for it was much higher than for a studio suite) and said that if I absolutely needed to have one, then to leave my toddler at home. Am I over reacting or is this an inappropriate comment?

We just stayed there a couple of weeks ago and had some service issues then too (checked into dirty room, no knowledge/recognition of Preferred Plus). Is this commonplace for this resort?

Last edited by amandabear; Aug 12, 2004 at 2:38 pm
Old Aug 12, 2004, 2:02 pm
Original Poster

FOLLOW UP:

Someone from the hotel just called and confirmed a 1 bedroom for us. I feel better now.
Old Aug 12, 2004, 2:31 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, DL PM, Bonvoy Titanium (Plat Life), HH G, Amtrak, B6, MR
I only stayed there once, this past January on an SPG50. I was Plat at the time, and was treated very nicely and upgraded to a 1BR suite. The only thing they wouldn't do is let me check out as late as I wanted, which was 5, but they offered 2PM.

I think that comment is absolutely out of order for a reservations agent to make. You're not overreacting. I would've been pissed if that were me. Of course I'm not even married, so...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.