Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LX departure in ZRH from Non Schengen D or E...late announcement

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2023, 12:52 am

Programs: A3 *S, LX Sen**, AF Gold
I can confirm there is security from E -> D, had to do it recently. Was the only passenger there, so talked to the security agent and he said he doesn't understand either why it's needed...
chris63 and gojko88 like this.
Old Jun 18, 2023, 4:06 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
While the train is segregated the "clean" part is on the wrong side. So you have the unclean side of the train/passport control area is what borders the D concourse where you have the passport control that then leads you outside to the baggage claim. The reason for this is to be able to funnel all the unclean arrival pax through this passport control and then outside (from both E and D). And even if you are a clean arrival you need to go through this unclean area, which in turn then requires you to go through security again, since it is the only link between E and D on the non-schengen side.
chris63 and Fabo.sk like this.
Old Jun 18, 2023, 10:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by flospi
Head for the A Lounge and ask staff there if they could tell you the planned gate. Most of the times the planned gate is known hours ahead. They only announce it an hour before, in case of an aircraft change. So you'd have some kind of certainty, which gate your flight is supposed to leave from, but still need to keep an eye on the departure screen.
so I arrived 2.5 hours before the flight and at check in, I asked whether the s/h flight to a Non-Schengen destination will likely leave from D or E....the very friendly staff looked up his info and told me that it is planned to leave from D (he even could say the correct gate).

with this info I went through security (15 minutes queuing at the fast lane; never ever so long at ZRH!) and straight to D (long lines as well at passport control and there was no information that those with European passports could jump the queue....!!!!); just a staff was there who let me in....

D lounge is not as good as E, but rather quiet and I could save the detour through E
cfischer likes this.
Old Jun 19, 2023, 4:03 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Indeed it is as Nick Art said. Enabling clean E pax to enter D would require a separate walkway going over or under the crossing stream of unclean E and/or exiting pax. There is no way to reasonably put such a walkway in the area, unfortunately.

If it was built, it would also allow for free flow of secure D pax into secure E. The investment would be too high though as it seems, compared to the cost of extra security checks.
Old Jun 19, 2023, 6:06 am

Is the NS ‘D’ lounge now open?
Old Jun 19, 2023, 7:17 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Yes. New, combined lounge in D pier.
Dave_C likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.