Community
Wiki Posts
Search

USA attestation form

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2022 | 7:01 am
Original Poster

USA attestation form

Flying TAP Lisbon to Miami in 2 weeks and wondering how the attestation form is handled. Is it part of online check in with TAP?
Old Feb 17, 2022 | 9:12 am

Programs: IB Platinum, TAP Gold, HH Diamond, Accor LL Gold
Originally Posted by jimkwatson
Flying TAP Lisbon to Miami in 2 weeks and wondering how the attestation form is handled. Is it part of online check in with TAP?
Flew TAP today, they either ask for it at the check-in desk or at the gate if you checked-in online.
Old Feb 17, 2022 | 9:53 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ItsWowStyle
Flew TAP today, they either ask for it at the check-in desk or at the gate if you checked-in online.
Thanks so much for the quick reply, much appreciated.

Just to be clear, I read this to mean that I need to print off a hard copy PDF from CDC.gov and complete it by hand - would that be right? I know other airlines make the questions part of the OLCI process but it sounds like TAP need the paper printout - all 7 pages!
Old Feb 17, 2022 | 1:29 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
30 Countries Visited40 Countries Visited50 Countries Visited10 Years on Site

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Thanks so much for the quick reply, much appreciated.

Just to be clear, I read this to mean that I need to print off a hard copy PDF from CDC.gov and complete it by hand - would that be right? I know other airlines make the questions part of the OLCI process but it sounds like TAP need the paper printout - all 7 pages!
They do actually collect in the attestation, which other airlines don't seem to worry about, so you need a hardcopy. So your options are to print it out yourself (and you can use Adobe to tick the boxes, add your e-signature, save and then print). Or to fill in the forms in a pre-screening area after leaving Schengen passport emigration but before the gate. The USA flights take most of that wing, and there are various tensa lines set up. At that point there is usually a TAP or security team member handing out the attestations, but it's ok to bring your own. I double side and halved the print size to reduce the amount of paper, since as I'm sure you are aware for 99% of passengers a single side of paper would be fine, but for the 1% we end up with 7 sheets of paper. You can dispense with the first page of instructions. After you have filled it in, the security team will collect the attestation, glance at the vaccine proof, passport, visa, and ticket, then let you into the inner area past the tensa lines to the gate. Then at boarding they just scan the boarding pass, they didn't even seem interested in the passport.
Old Feb 17, 2022 | 2:52 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
They do actually collect in the attestation, which other airlines don't seem to worry about, so you need a hardcopy. So your options are to print it out yourself (and you can use Adobe to tick the boxes, add your e-signature, save and then print). Or to fill in the forms in a pre-screening area after leaving Schengen passport emigration but before the gate. The USA flights take most of that wing, and there are various tensa lines set up. At that point there is usually a TAP or security team member handing out the attestations, but it's ok to bring your own. I double side and halved the print size to reduce the amount of paper, since as I'm sure you are aware for 99% of passengers a single side of paper would be fine, but for the 1% we end up with 7 sheets of paper. You can dispense with the first page of instructions. After you have filled it in, the security team will collect the attestation, glance at the vaccine proof, passport, visa, and ticket, then let you into the inner area past the tensa lines to the gate. Then at boarding they just scan the boarding pass, they didn't even seem interested in the passport.
Thanks so much, super informative!

Now I just need to work out where to add my Known Traveller Number in my TAP booking, I can see the place for redress number but not Known Traveller (Global Entry).
Old Feb 17, 2022 | 4:33 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Thanks so much, super informative!

Now I just need to work out where to add my Known Traveller Number in my TAP booking, I can see the place for redress number but not Known Traveller (Global Entry).
When you do the online check-in, which uses a front end to Amadeus, you will be able to enter the Known Traveler number at that point. That concludes with the option to print the boarding pass and PreCheck shows up there. Obviously there is no pre-check option going to the USA, but the same interface is used for USA-Portugal and there will be a pre-check channel in MIA. You will be sent an email with the specific Amadeus check-in link once Online Check-in opens for your first flight.
Old Feb 18, 2022 | 12:41 am
Original Poster

When you do the online check-in, which uses a front end to Amadeus, you will be able to enter the Known Traveler number at that point. That concludes with the option to print the boarding pass and PreCheck shows up there. Obviously there is no pre-check option going to the USA, but the same interface is used for USA-Portugal and there will be a pre-check channel in MIA. You will be sent an email with the specific Amadeus check-in link once Online Check-in opens for your first flight.
Cant thank you enough, loving this forum as it puts my mind at rest before the trip!

Ive also researched that the TAP lounge is within in the Schengen area meaning that we need to allow ample time to get from their, though immigration followed by covid doc checks, to the gate! Saying at Melia light before which seems to have great reviews 😀✈️
Old Feb 18, 2022 | 12:49 am

Can’t thank you enough, loving this forum as it puts my mind at rest before the trip!

I’ve also researched that the TAP lounge is within in the Schengen area meaning that we need to allow ample time to get from their, though immigration followed by covid doc checks, to the gate! Saying at Melia light before which seems to have great reviews 😀✈️
Yes, though I wouldn't give yourself too much time. If it's a morning flight then Schengen emigration is usually fairly quick, the queues are more on the over side with immigration, and once past that then yes you do need to do your checks. But there isn't much reason to be there too soon or you are just queuing up for no particular reason. I think if you look well prepared then you should be through quickly since the screener will quickly work out you have done the research, given they spend plenty of time with the unprepared. There will be a boarding time on your boarding pass, actual boarding will be some time after that, and if you give yourself say 15 minutes before that time to leave the lounge then that should be OK, it's just a minute or two to get to the passport checkpoint.
Old May 20, 2022 | 3:35 pm

Programs: UA LTP, AA LTG, DL Plat, Marriott LTT, HH Diamond
Hi, corporate-wage-slave (and anyone else here who can help), you have great information here and I'm in a somewhat similar situation 3 months later, so I wanted to follow up. Mrs FTF and I have a TAP first flight connecting to United to the US in Amsterdam. I've been looking into this attestation form (wish I had printed it at home when it was easy, not in a hotel here in Lisbon!). So just to be sure:

1. Will TAP want and collect the form on my first, internal Schengen flight to AMS (since it is all one PNR through to UA). A bot different than the situation for jimkwatson above going directly to the US
2. Do I have to worry these months later about printing the form and bringing it to the airport? It sounds like no, we can get it later, but I guess that means that you don't need it to check in?
3. But in my case, since I'm flying within Schengen, will I even see the immigration checkpoint you've described?

Thanks so much!

FTF
Old May 20, 2022 | 3:47 pm

I would be almost certain that all TAP will be interested in is getting you to AMS and on to United's system. I was under the impression that United had some sort of document upload process. They may glance at this at check-in, if you have bags. Now if you were flying to the USA from LIS it's different since they collect the attestation at the gate, but that's the other end of the airport to your departure. So ideally you have the print-out to show check-in, second best would be evidence of you having submitted it to United as per their Travel Ready procedures and third best would be a digital record of the attestation.
Old May 21, 2022 | 3:45 am

Programs: UA LTP, AA LTG, DL Plat, Marriott LTT, HH Diamond
I would be almost certain that all TAP will be interested in is getting you to AMS and on to United's system. I was under the impression that United had some sort of document upload process. They may glance at this at check-in, if you have bags. Now if you were flying to the USA from LIS it's different since they collect the attestation at the gate, but that's the other end of the airport to your departure. So ideally you have the print-out to show check-in, second best would be evidence of you having submitted it to United as per their Travel Ready procedures and third best would be a digital record of the attestation.
Thanks, c-w-s - appreciate it. UA does have a system, though it wasn't clear where it would be checked. Over on the UA board, they suggested I try here. So I'll just bring my printouts and hopefully be prepared for anything, I guess.

FTF

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.