747 operating as two class

Old Dec 10, 2019 | 8:43 pm
Ambassador: Air New Zealand
40 Countries Visited1M15 Years on Site

Programs: NZ Elite, EK Gold, Amex Plat, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by chuck1
Has anyone tried to buy these seats DPS-BKK on the 747 when pn an award ticket booked in I class?
I’ve tried a few times to buy a 747 F seat on the DPS-BKK but have not been able to complete the transaction in the “third party” website!

Last edited by WLG Base; Dec 15, 2019 at 1:57 am
Old Dec 10, 2019 | 10:00 pm
10 Countries Visited20 Countries Visited30 Countries Visited10 Years on Site

Programs: A few airlines, hotel programs and car rentals
Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
Nice. You wouldnt have been able to select seats for the domestic sector in any case , so you have been well treated
Why wouldn't I be able to select seats on a domestic sector? Does TG block seat selection for all domestic sectors, even in business?
Old Dec 10, 2019 | 10:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
50 Countries Visited1M15 Years on Site

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by AvidFlyer1990
Why wouldn't I be able to select seats on a domestic sector? Does TG block seat selection for all domestic sectors, even in business?
TG does not allow any seat selection for domestic flight in advance of online check-in (T-24). Been this way for years.
Old Dec 10, 2019 | 10:17 pm

TG does not allow any seat selection for domestic flight in advance of online check-in (T-24). Been this way for years.
This is great information! Thanks Thai-Kiwi ! Question: if the domestic flight is part of an international itinerary, does TG (like other carriers) allow the domestic check-in to go through when I do the check-in for my international flight (it will technically be >> 24 hours for the domestic leg)?
Old Dec 10, 2019 | 11:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This is great information! Thanks Thai-Kiwi ! Question: if the domestic flight is part of an international itinerary, does TG (like other carriers) allow the domestic check-in to go through when I do the check-in for my international flight (it will technically be >> 24 hours for the domestic leg)?
To your question, I dont think so - but it has been a long time for me to do this.

An extra for experts. If the domestic flight has an international flight number, then this is an exception to the no advance seat selection rule; for example some flights route BKK-HKT-FRA on a singe flight number TG923 or something. The domestic sector BKK-HKT does allow seat selection in advance. There are a few other examples.
Old Dec 11, 2019 | 1:51 am

To your question, I dont think so - but it has been a long time for me to do this.

An extra for experts. If the domestic flight has an international flight number, then this is an exception to the no advance seat selection rule; for example some flights route BKK-HKT-FRA on a singe flight number TG923 or something. The domestic sector BKK-HKT does allow seat selection in advance. There are a few other examples.
This is perfect. Thanks for the information, Thai-Kiwi !
Old Dec 15, 2019 | 12:51 am

Please note that from 22 July TG will start selling access to the F seats when the 744 is used in 2 class service.

You can read all about it here: https://www.thaiairways.com/en_TH/of...ed_seats.page?
Hello Thai-Kiwi and other TG experts, have any of you made use of this service to get a seat in the nose of the 744, with your business class ticket? If you have done it, was it online (through this link and therefore paid for) or did you ask nicely at the airport?

I currently have my parents traveling in business in the main deck, and I am sure they'd appreciate the additional space. They currently do not hold any status, if that matters.
Old Dec 15, 2019 | 1:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have not tried paying for what used to be an ROP Gold/Plat benefit.

[MENTION=125161]WLG Base[/MENTION] has tried - see post 16 on this thread https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/31827476-post16.html
Old Dec 15, 2019 | 1:59 am
10 Countries Visited20 Countries Visited30 Countries Visited5 Years on Site

Programs: Thai Airways
Hello Thai-Kiwi and other TG experts, have any of you made use of this service to get a seat in the nose of the 744, with your business class ticket? If you have done it, was it online (through this link and therefore paid for) or did you ask nicely at the airport?

I currently have my parents traveling in business in the main deck, and I am sure they'd appreciate the additional space. They currently do not hold any status, if that matters.
I have done it twice successfully on DEL-BKK route. On one occasion called TG BKK (original ticket issued in BKK); other occasion did it on website - cost of latter higher, probably due to handling charges. Another recent time was 'upgraded' as BC full.
Old Dec 15, 2019 | 2:03 am

The F seats have always been allocated when I have asked at the airport.

I was never able to do the online transaction. Always got a message along the lines about unable to process at this time.
Old Dec 15, 2019 | 2:22 am

I have not tried paying for what used to be an ROP Gold/Plat benefit.

[MENTION=125161]WLG Base[/MENTION] has tried - see post 16 on this thread https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/31827476-post16.html
I will look at that post! Thank you.

Originally Posted by maerim
I have done it twice successfully on DEL-BKK route. On one occasion called TG BKK (original ticket issued in BKK); other occasion did it on website - cost of latter higher, probably due to handling charges. Another recent time was 'upgraded' as BC full.
This is good to know! Thank you. I'll try and see if I can get those seats online, but with TG's not-so-good website, I am not so hopeful. I infact booked those special business class meals, but not sure if those will stick around.

Originally Posted by WLG Base
The F seats have always been allocated when I have asked at the airport.

I was never able to do the online transaction. Always got a message along the lines about unable to process at this time.
Did you go to the airport early for those seats? Do you have any TG status, for which you might have gotten those seats allotted to you for free?
Old Dec 15, 2019 | 2:36 am
10 Countries Visited20 Countries Visited30 Countries Visited5 Years on Site

Programs: Thai Airways
I will look at that post! Thank you.

This is good to know! Thank you. I'll try and see if I can get those seats online, but with TG's not-so-good website, I am not so hopeful. I infact booked those special business class meals, but not sure if those will stick around.

Did you go to the airport early for those seats? Do you have any TG status, for which you might have gotten those seats allotted to you for free?
If flights are from BKK just call TG 1st and BC No. Takes a few mins. Have also called to arrange Preferred Seat in Econ when BC full and I had no choice.
Old Dec 15, 2019 | 7:22 am

If flights are from BKK just call TG 1st and BC No. Takes a few mins.
A call might just be in order!

Have also called to arrange Preferred Seat in Econ when BC full and I had no choice.
Wait, so you're telling me you were booked in business and had to sit in Economy?! I hope you got a refund of the fare difference and a NICE compensation!
Old Dec 15, 2019 | 10:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I believe maerim was saying they wanted biz, but it was not available, so traveled in economy and sought the preferred seats in economy.
Old Dec 15, 2019 | 12:13 pm

...Did you go to the airport early for those seats? Do you have any TG status, for which you might have gotten those seats allotted to you for free?
Seats were always allocated. So going to the airport early wouldn't have helped.

Travelling Partner was TG Gold.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.