Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Airport Express to Phaya Thai from June 1st

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2011, 6:03 am
Original Poster

Exclamation Airport Express to Phaya Thai from June 1st

Whoah -- they've finally seen the light!

The Suvarnabhumi Airport Rail Link will reduce its fare for the Express Line to 150 THB per roundtrip from 1 June onwards in a bid to boost the number of passengers. ... Moreover, extra trains will be added to the timetable of the Express Line and will run from Suvarnabhumi Airport to Phayathai Station to provide commuters with more convenience in transferring to the BTS Skytrain. It is currently under the companys consideration whether to operate the added trains every 30 minutes or every hour.
From Pattaya Mail, and yes, I've verified this with Thai sources, which add that travel time will be just 18 minutes. It's been obvious for a while that they should have done this, but I'm surprised they managed to make the transition so fast. ^

Now let's hope they do run the trains every 30 min and not just once per hour... and why not just run all express services to Phaya Thai, instead of having half terminate at Makkasan?
Old May 28, 2011, 12:30 pm
formerly known as 2lovelife

Location: ORF : UA_Premier_Gold4Life, Bonvoy_titanium, Accor_Plat
This is great news.

But, it's all about the timing for sure. If the train leaves every hour and takes 18 minutes, the slow but packed train will still be a faster choice. If it leaves every 30 minutes, at least one can time thier trip around the departure. I wonder if it will interfere with plans to increase the frequency of the local line.

Makkassan will/should/could evolve into an awesome facility. It just may take 5 or 10 years. It is so incredibly central, but at the moment has no (or insufficient/poorly planned) connecting infrastructure. Until then, take me to Phaya Thai please ;-)

In fact, now that they've got it to Phaya Thai, is it too early to wish to see the extension all the way to Hua Lumpong?
Old May 30, 2011, 3:08 am

Programs: SKF, ROP, SPG, SL Golden Circle, Hyatt Gold Passport, Marriot
Is it easy to get a cab at Phaya Thai? It is hard to get at Makassan.
Old May 30, 2011, 5:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by Dendrite
Is it easy to get a cab at Phaya Thai? It is hard to get at Makassan.
Very easy to get a taxi at Phaya Thai. Just make sure you're on the correct side of the street for the direction of travel.
Old May 31, 2011, 9:43 am

Programs: SPG, MR, Aeroplan, UAMP, BAEC
Official News from Airport Rail Link

SARL Express Line to open new route Phaya Thai-Suvarnbhumi
http://airportraillink.railway.co.th...detail/26.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.