Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Does anyone have Thrifty codes?

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2007, 2:51 pm

Is there a way to use a discount code and a coupon?
Old Jun 14, 2007, 4:34 pm

I have used Corporation # 1660228069 for longest time. It wavies underage driver and extra driver. The discount is good as well. No problem what so ever at many many locations.
Old Jun 15, 2007, 4:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by Acrossenger
I have used Corporation # 1660228069 for longest time. It wavies underage driver and extra driver. The discount is good as well. No problem what so ever at many many locations.
As I just mentioned in the other thread, be very, very careful when using corporate codes. Although ID checking is very rare (the high turnover rate of rental agents means that they are rarely trained in the little things like this), if you are caught, you not only would lose the corporate benefits but you could also lose the corporate rate and be charged the full walkup rack rate.

Corporate Discount codes and promo codes are two separate things. Promo codes can be used by anyone (although they still need to qualify, technically, by showing the AAA card if you book with the AAA discount or the Sam's Club card if you book with the Sam's Club discount, etc.). Corporate Discount codes are only for use by the employees of the named corporation.

As to using a promo code and a coupon together, look at the face of the coupon. Most coupon's terms and conditions usually state something along the lines of "May not be combined with any other offer." This means that it would not work with a discount code. Careful: even if the agent accepts it and discounts your rental accordingly, it is liable to be reversed when the accounting office audits the contract.

If you have a question about a specific coupon, call Thrifty's customer service desk at 877.283.0898 or the main reservations line at 800.847.4389 to ask.
Old Jun 17, 2007, 8:40 am

Originally Posted by jackal
If you have a question about a specific coupon, call Thrifty's customer service desk at 877.283.0898 or the main reservations line at 800.847.4389 to ask.
You work for Thrifty? The code was no problem at many US location. Saved a ton of money. Just trying to help.

Last edited by Acrossenger; Jun 17, 2007 at 11:57 am
Old Jun 26, 2007, 8:19 am

Las Vegas Code

WMRT
Discount: 10% off in Las Vegas
Old Jun 29, 2007, 12:17 pm

WMRT seems to work for anything right now.

What corporation IS 1660228069 ?
Old Jun 29, 2007, 12:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ImSeeker

According to what I can see, it's "IMPERIAL TECHNOLOGY."

It appears to be one of Thrifty's larger corporate accounts (based on the rate and benefits packages). The corporate account description appears to say that benefits should only apply to Canadian rentals, but most agents tend to blindly accept corporate discounts and ignore any notes or restrictions present in the description (indeed, the software we use doesn't even show the CD rules unless you click a specific thing), if there even are any restrictions or helpful information loaded in the description field.

Not sure if that means it's a Canadian company or they just do a lot of business in Canada, and Googling isn't finding anything conclusive (there are several companies named Imperial Technology, the most prominent of which appears to be out of Thailand).
Old Jul 4, 2007, 2:47 pm

[QUOTE=jackal;7978273]...It appears to be one of Thrifty's larger corporate accounts (based on the rate and benefits packages). The corporate account description appears to say that benefits should only apply to Canadian rentals, but most agents tend to blindly accept corporate discounts and ignore any notes or restrictions present in the description (indeed, the software we use doesn't even show the CD rules unless you click a specific thing), if there even are any restrictions or helpful information loaded in the description field.
QUOTE]

Well, can you list out the rules here for that code?
Old Jul 5, 2007, 2:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Rules was the wrong word. We're shown the negotiated corporate rates for economy through fullsize cars (usually the bigger/nicer cars are not included in corporate rates), the corporate account type (pays by credit card or is direct billed)...and that's about it. With access to a special Web site, franchise owners can view the benefits included with a given account (free additional drivers, underage drivers, LDW and/or liability included, etc.)--which seems weird, since at least in our system (franchised locations use independent computer systems), there's no way to tell what benefits are included (95% of the time, I just assume that additional driver fees and underage driver fees are included...). Corporate locations may have more information available at their fingertips.

The only "rule" for using a corporate account, although it is admittedly rarely policed, is that you must be an employee of that corporation with identification to prove it. (At least in our software, corporate account names are often cryptic, making it hard to police: one account is "Alaska employee"--does that mean any employee of any corporation based in the state of Alaska, a State of Alaska government employee, or an employee of Alaska Airlines? If it's the last, then why are there two other Alaska Airlines corporate account numbers listed? And what is "DaimlerChrysler Automotive Ca"? I think I'd be safe assuming that's the Canadian division, but I don't know...)

I guess there is one other rule: technically, employees may use a corporate account's rate any time (business or leisure), but only employees on business travel get the benefits associated with the account. Now how that is policed is entirely beyond me (I didn't make the system up...)

Now what happens if someone uses a corporate code that they don't qualify for is something else that has never fully been explained to me. Worst-case scenario (other than a flat-out denied rental) would be to simply charge you the highest walk-up rate available or something like that. Since corporate locations' systems are more integrated with the centralized reservation center's systems, they may be able to simply rebook you at the prevailing 800-number or website rate, which is still likely to be higher than the rate you would have gotten had you booked it as a retail rental from the start.

As I said, it's rarely policed and most agents probably don't have a clue how to do anything with corporate rentals (and headquarters certainly doesn't make it easy for the front-line people to know what they're doing) and just end up passing it right through, but it's entirely at your risk.

Last edited by jackal; Jul 5, 2007 at 2:57 am
Old Sep 9, 2007, 4:15 pm

For florida rentals only. I've been using corporate code 004M001010 for over a year now. This code is for the orlando magic card. I've never been asked to produce it when renting. however you can download one for free online (google the web site).

this code works GREAT! it gets me a base rate of 110/week or about 22/day for a compact anywhere in florida. I got 19/day in palm beach in february.
Old Apr 19, 2008, 3:40 am

Thrifty Underage Fee Waived

Use Doric Corporation's (Real Estate company based in Miami Beach and Las Vegas NV) corporate ID to waive the underage and additional driver fees, together with getting negotiated corporate rates and unlimited mileage. ID number is 0010228607 . NO NEED FOR EMPLOYEE ID'S as they never ever check them.

They also have awesome negotiated rates with Enterprise. Corporate ID is 41NY124 with password "dor"
Old Apr 20, 2008, 1:05 am

Does anyone know if there are any codes that waive the $75.99/day "additional renters 18 to 20 fee" or the $72.99/day "renters 18 to 20 surcharge"?

My parents and I plan on renting a car from NY to DC, and I will be the primary driver. The fees more than double the cost of renting.
Old Apr 20, 2008, 2:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by empowah
Does anyone know if there are any codes that waive the $75.99/day "additional renters 18 to 20 fee" or the $72.99/day "renters 18 to 20 surcharge"?

My parents and I plan on renting a car from NY to DC, and I will be the primary driver. The fees more than double the cost of renting.
Wow. Unless you're a federal government employee renting on official business, I don't think so.

New York has some peculiar laws regarding the rental industry. If I remember them correctly, they have this combination:

-All rental companies are required to rent to anyone over 18 (in most states, there is no law, and so renters must be 21 or 25, depending on local policy)
-All rental companies must include primary third-party liability insurance (and the costs to insure 18-20-year-olds is high)
-Rental companies can be held responsible for the reckless behavior of their customers (called "vicarious liability"), which exposes the rental company to potentially millions of dollars of liability

This combination of laws means that renting to young drivers can be VERY risky. Therefore, since New York has not also established any laws limiting underage driver fees, rental companies charge--and rightly so--a VERY high underage fee to cover their assets and discourage flighty young renters.

There are no publicly-available codes that waive the underage fee. If you work for a company that has a corporate agreement with Thrifty, it may be possible to get the underage fee waived, but I cannot condone using a code that you don't qualify for.

The best way I can recommend avoiding the underage fee is to not list yourself on the rental agreement. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.
Old Apr 20, 2008, 2:27 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by jackal
New York has some peculiar laws regarding the rental industry. If I remember them correctly, they have this combination:

-All rental companies are required to rent to anyone over 18 (in most states, there is no law, and so renters must be 21 or 25, depending on local policy)
-All rental companies must include primary third-party liability insurance (and the costs to insure 18-20-year-olds is high)
-Rental companies can be held responsible for the reckless behavior of their customers (called "vicarious liability"), which exposes the rental company to potentially millions of dollars of liability

This combination of laws means that renting to young drivers can be VERY risky. Therefore, since New York has not also established any laws limiting underage driver fees, rental companies charge--and rightly so--a VERY high underage fee to cover their assets and discourage flighty young renters.

There are no publicly-available codes that waive the underage fee. If you work for a company that has a corporate agreement with Thrifty, it may be possible to get the underage fee waived, but I cannot condone using a code that you don't qualify for.

The best way I can recommend avoiding the underage fee is to not list yourself on the rental agreement. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.
Now you tell me , after I booked Amtrak tickets... dang... could have rented a car OW between NYC-WAS... that would have been a real adventure! Oh well... get to have a set schedule on a train now...

Any other states w/ a law like NY?
Old Apr 26, 2008, 10:05 am

Programs: DL Silver, HH diamond, Midwest Miles (RIP), NWA WP (RIP)
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by ImSeeker

Thrifty.com now says that code is expired

Got many great deals from it! The agent in YYC couldn't believe how cheap the rate was, said he'd never seen one that cheap before...all good things must come to an end I guess...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.