Reload this Page >

Luggage with unconditional life-time warranty

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 30, 2013, 9:14 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: N1120A
This Wikipost post can be edited by any signed in member to update, add, etc.; members can minimize or maximize this wikipost using the upper right corner [-] or [+] buttons.)

Lifetime warranty including airline damage (repair or replace)

Boyt Mach 5
Briggs & Riley (Simple as that® lifetime guarantee)
Burton
Eagle Creek (ES, Velocity, HC2)
eBags
Eddie Bauer
Eminent
Norm Thompson
Orvis
Osprey "Almighty" warranty
Pelican
Red Oxx (No Bull warranty covers everything)
Titan (in USA)
Victorinox (Carry with Confidence warranty for top tier lines and covers CC damage for life; Global Lifetime Plus covers CC damage for first 5 years)
Zero Halliburton Z-Flex

Lifetime to five years damage or defect warranty (not explicit airline damage

Aleon (Worry Free Warranty covers damage or defect for 10 years, defect for lifetime, refers customers to airline to pay for airline created damage)

Lifetime to five years manufacturer defect (not airline damage)

Hartmann
Patagonia (will "repair reasonably" for wear, tear and damage)
Rimowa (5 yrs, not breakage or "improper use)
Saddleback
Stahlsac (manufactuer warranty; "reasonable replacement or repair" damage or wear)
Tom Bihn
TravelPro Platinum
Tumi
Zero Halliburton other than Z-Flex

Limited warranty manufacturer defect or one year or less

Delsey
REI

Print Wikipost

Luggage with unconditional life-time warranty

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2015, 7:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold 1.9 MM flying my way to LT PLAT
Yes, eBags has a 'no argument' warranty.

Originally Posted by boerne
can confirm ebags replaces theirs for free
I had some wear on a strap of a purse and it was replaced instantly. They told me to donate my old one to charity or use it.

That's why I have a hoard of eBags brand stuff.

That and Red Oxx for super quality bags and I'm set.
Old Apr 11, 2015, 10:37 pm

Programs: UA1K, HH◊, SPG Plat, Marriot Plat, Avis First
What happens when?

So I sent in my Carry with Confidence Mobilizer NXT 4.0 and I got back a Lexicon with absolutely no paperwork or receipt.

Does anyone have experience establishing a chain of custody in regards to the CwC on my old Mobilizer NXT and the Lexicon I have in hand that is an "airline damage for first 5 years" warranty?
Old May 18, 2015, 11:26 am

Programs: AA - EP, Marriott - PP
I know they aren't one of the premier brands, but I figure I would share a fairly painless warranty replacement I had with London Fog.

Last week my Oxford II 21in bag's handle would no longer function so I sent an email to the luggage address on Sunday night. By Monday morning I had a response simply asking for pictures of the defect, when I purchased the bag, and for my bag's model number. After sending those in Monday night I was asked for a $10 shipping fee and on Thursday I had a brand new bag in hand. The rep even emailed me a confirmation number and sent a separate email when she saw it was delivered! They didn't even want the old bag returned!

Honestly this is a much better response than I got when I shipped my Eagle Creek bag in for zipper repairs, where no one could track my bag or let me know how long repairs would take! If I had known London Fog had such good warranty service (even if only for 10 years), I would have been using their bags long ago.
Old Dec 10, 2015, 9:15 am

Programs: COdbaUA MM, AA EXP, AF S, Bonbon Gold, Hilton G, All G, GHA Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis Presidential
Had a good experience at Rimowa's Cambridge, ON plant, which has a repair shop on site, when some wear parts on my wife's Classic Flight broke. One was the pull handle and one was the strap handle on the top of the bag. They fixed them no questions asked and no BS push back trying to claim some reason to get out of it. They also tightened up everything on it. Similarly, they fixed a broken lock before.

They do check the serial number for the 5 years, but we were told that most minor repairs they will do for just the cost of parts outside the 5 years.
Old Dec 10, 2015, 3:36 pm

Originally Posted by clhking
So I sent in my Carry with Confidence Mobilizer NXT 4.0 and I got back a Lexicon with absolutely no paperwork or receipt.

Does anyone have experience establishing a chain of custody in regards to the CwC on my old Mobilizer NXT and the Lexicon I have in hand that is an "airline damage for first 5 years" warranty?

I wouldn't worry about it.

I had the exact same exchange and I bought my NXT 4.0 off of ebay used five years ago. When sent in for warranty they asked for no paperwork (I did take it to an authorized service center).
Old Nov 5, 2016, 2:35 pm

I disagree

Originally Posted by tfar
If it has wheels and/or is checked regularly, the warranty is VERY important.
Till
The upfront premium for the no hassle warranties are not worth it. I buy luggage every 5-10 years, but my go-to luggage of choice is the TP Platinum II and a 5006-0063102 both 22" with 76MM wheels. The wheels have lasted about 15 years. I replaced them once on the 5006 and just replaced them on the Platinum II. The cost is as follows:

8 bearings: $15.00 http://tgmskateboards.com/bones-bearings-reds/
(2 bearings needed for each wheel, so $7/pair

4 wheels: $16.00
https://www.walmart.com/ip/48327089
2 wheels needed so $8/pair

8 x 8mm to 6mm spacers: $8.00
http://tgmskateboards.com/inline-spa...xles-aluminum/
2 spacers needed so $2/pair

So, for $17/pair of wheels, you have a refurbished bag. How much are y'all paying for a warranty on wheels? Plus, the warranty does NO GOOD when the failure happens on the road (when else would it happen?). So, I carry a spare set of wheels with me now for a quick fix if needed.

Naturally, y'all need to measure your wheels, and whatever color you like, but this is a road-warrior kit everyone should have with them. Also, get some spare screws and nuts for handles and wheel wells.
Old May 9, 2023, 2:37 pm

Need to remove Eddie Bauer from the list. They have undergone a lot of changes. I brought a duffel bag in that had a broken strap connector. Just wanted a new connector. They ripped open the bag and went straight for the tag. Said it was too old to do anything because it was >1 year old. They were extraordinarily rude. I will never buy anything from them again.
Old Jan 3, 2024, 5:38 pm

Programs: Delta 1.7MM United 1MM Hhonors Lifetime Diamond Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium
Just had a great experience with Victorinox.... I purchased a Spectra 2.0 nine years ago. Delta trashed the bag a couple of days ago. This bag has traveled over 1,000,000 miles on Delta and its partners alone. The side got cracked, I sent photos and a copy of my receipt from December of 2014, and the very next morning Victorinox customer service told me that can't be repaired, sent me a link to pick out a new bag, and 6 hours later sent me a tracking number for a brand new Spectra 3.0

Great experience with Vicotrinox, simple and easy, and more than what I think I should expect (although it was what I hoped for).
TWA884 likes this.
Old Jan 28, 2024, 3:09 pm

Victorinox warranty - seems to have reduced "age span" now?

On 1/28/2024, while researching the Victorinox warranty - was considering a Werks 6 - noticed that the Terms are now a 1+10 yr warranty, as follows:

Warranty 1+10 years

Year 1: Victorinox Total Protection Program
During the first twelve (12) months of ownership, your product is covered by the Victorinox Total Protection Program.
  • This includes manufacturing defects, normal wear and tear, airline handling and transit damage.
  • This excludes abuse, cosmetic damage (scratches on leather or on polycarbonate or stained fabrics), incidental/ consequential damage (such as damage to or loss of content of the bag, loss of use, loss of time), abrasion, solvents and accidents.
  • Note that the electronic device/function integrated in your travel product is not covered by this warranty.
The Total Protection Program covers the repair expenses, shipping costs to and from the repair center or a replacement product (identical or equivalent value) if your product is beyond repair. Warranty repairs must be carried out at an approved Victorinox service center.

Years 2 to 11: Victorinox Quality Warranty Program
From the beginning of the second until the end of the eleventh year of ownership, your product is covered by the Victorinox Quality Warranty Program.
  • This includes manufacturing defects and normal wear and tear with the exceptions of seams, stitching, fabric and zipper tape.
  • This excludes abuse, cosmetic damage (scratches on leather or on polycarbonate or stained fabrics), incidental/ consequential damage (such as a damage to or loss of content of the bag, loss of use, loss of time), abrasion, solvents, accidents, airline handling and transit damage.
  • Note that the electronic device/function integrated in your travel product is not covered by this warranty.

The Quality Warranty Program covers:
  • the repair expenses or a replacement product (identical or equivalent value) if your product is beyond repair,
  • the shipping cost from the repair center.

You are required to either ship your product to us for repair, postage paid, or take it to a Victorinox store or a Victorinox authorized retailer. If it turns out that the repair of your bag is not covered by the warranty, your service center will contact you with an estimate including repair fees and return shipping costs.
Warranty repairs must be carried out at an approved Victorinox service center.

After 11 years
If your product is no longer within the warranty period, we offer a high-quality service at a reasonable price. If your product is “beyond repair”, we will suggest alternative options. Please contact your local service center. We will be happy to explain our different product maintenance services and how to ship your product.

Proof of purchase
Note: Please save your store receipt as proof of purchase, as you will need it to demonstrate your warranty coverage. Our warranty only applies to products that were purchased from an authorized Victorinox store or retailer.
Old Jan 30, 2024, 1:28 pm

Programs: COdbaUA MM, AA EXP, AF S, Bonbon Gold, Hilton G, All G, GHA Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis Presidential
Aleon's warranty sorta excludes airline damage, but correctly refers customers to submit a claim with the airline to fix damage at their cost. Otherwise, the warranty covers anything for 10 years and defect for life. Seems pretty decent and balanced. I'm considering buying something from them, though their weights are a little concerning.
Old Jun 16, 2024, 11:11 am

Programs: UA - Premier 1K, UA MM 1K; Marriott Platinum
My wheels on the my Victorinox Tourbach 22" carry on has seen better days - rubber has all worn off and its basically rolling on plastic wheels now.

I believe Tourbach is covered under the lifetime warranty.

Anyone know who to email? I can't seem to find an email address on Victorinox website - I just need them to send some replacement wheels. I found an email from a post in 2006 that mentions [email protected] but that domain doesn't seem to exist anymore.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.