ExpertFlyer.com Help Desk Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 14, 2015, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: 747FC
The ExpertFlyer support by email is at [email protected]

This is a community-maintained thread— it is not supported by ExpertFlyer.

--------------------

Searches currently not working:
  • Upgrades - AY, BA, EK, EY, IB, QR, VS
  • Awards - AY, BA, IB, EY, QR, VS

To search AA upgrades:
  • Use the Award & Upgrade tool
  • Only search for individual segments (set the "Connection Preference" drop-down to "Direct/Non-Stop only"). Flight results that are part of a connection won't show the upgrade version of C or A inventory because AA only files upgrade inventory as individual, not married, segments. (Married segments show revenue inventory instead of upgrade inventory.)
  • To avoid confusion, check the "Exclude Codeshares" box, as AA awards and upgrades are not valid on codeshares.

Print Wikipost

ExpertFlyer.com Help Desk Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2024, 3:41 am

Programs: BA GfL, GGL/CCR
The seat alerts on Android working again, thankfully. I was missing it. The web interface which still worked, is just not the same and I found myself not bothering looking at all.

Glad it's working again.
Old Jun 28, 2024, 10:25 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Glob, AA EXP, Marriott Tit
Can’t log in on mobile website using iPhone. It says “subscription expired please visit full website on desktop to reactivate. Login works fine on laptop and my subscription is not expired. This has been going on for several days
Old Jun 28, 2024, 3:44 pm

ExpertFlyer's timetable search function has suddenly become essentially unusable for me when using "Search by Arrival/Departure City." Even when filtering for codeshare flights and direct flights, results for every city on every date I've tried for the last few days are showing all kinds of crazy connections with ground freight service--for example, this is for a random date ex-MXP:
Old Jul 1, 2024, 4:21 am

Just came here to say this too - very weird and has broken a feature that I found useful
ConstellationClass likes this.
Old Jul 1, 2024, 8:42 am

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
ConstellationClass and sammyg901 : please report back any attempts to reach out to EF customer care.
Old Jul 1, 2024, 11:30 am

Originally Posted by 747FC
ConstellationClass and sammyg901 : please report back any attempts to reach out to EF customer care.
I emailed customercare @ expert flyer and received the following: "Hi, thank you for your email. We have recently updated our Timestables. The information shown reflects the data we have access to. We regret any inconvenience this may have caused. Feel free to reach out if you have any additional questions!

Thank you,
The ExpertFlyer.com Team "

Which is not what I would call a helpful resolution.
IMH, sammyg901 and 747FC like this.
Old Jul 2, 2024, 7:26 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by ConstellationClass
I emailed customercare @ expert flyer and received the following: "Hi, thank you for your email. We have recently updated our Timestables. The information shown reflects the data we have access to. We regret any inconvenience this may have caused. Feel free to reach out if you have any additional questions!

Thank you,
The ExpertFlyer.com Team "
The fact that they can't spell the word "timetable" does not inspire confidence...

What a useless response...

Last edited by TWA884; Jul 2, 2024 at 8:02 pm Reason: Fix BB code formatting
Old Jul 2, 2024, 7:45 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by mec72

The fact that they can't spell the word "timetable" does not inspire confidence...

What a useless response...
The response makes sense. My guess is they are using a variety of methods to get data (API calls, web services, scraping, etc), and if the data services have changed the data they are making available, then EF can only display what they have access to.

Last edited by TWA884; Jul 2, 2024 at 8:03 pm Reason: Fix BB code / formatting
Old Jul 4, 2024, 10:20 am

Programs: BA Executive Club (Gold), Accor ALL (Platinum)
Anyone else having the same problem as me? I usually pay monthly for a subscription when I need it, which works out at around 7-8 times per year. My most recent subscription expired so I went to the desktop site as usual to renew but have been unable to, as I'm constantly asked to update my credit card information. My previous card had not expired, but when I add it back in and click save nothing changes and I'm still unable to renew my subscription.

However, the top left corner of the page still says I have the premium service with unlimited queries, and I retain full functionality, except I can't use the Android mobile version - it simply won't let me log in there. Logging in as desktop on my phone works fine.
Old Jul 8, 2024, 5:17 pm

Programs: TK E+, AF Plat & QR Plat (all the hard way), AA 3MM (worthless), smattering of others
I'm having the same problem. The response from Customer Care is clearly BS. It appears to be only the DEPARTURE timetables that are displaying completely useless information. The ARRIVAL timetables are working as they always have. I will email them as well.
Old Jul 9, 2024, 8:37 am

Programs: TK E+, AF Plat & QR Plat (all the hard way), AA 3MM (worthless), smattering of others
I just got the following reply. So at least they're now acknowledging that there's a problem:

Jul 9, 2024, 10:16 EDT
Hi John, thank you for your email. Your feedback is valuable, and we are actively working to address the issue with the timetables feature. The information shown reflects the data we have access to at this time. Our engineers are working with our data provider and hope to have a fix in place soon, but we do not have an ETA when it will be resolved. We appreciate your patience at this time. If you have any questions, please let us know. Thank you for your continued support and understanding.

Thank you,
The ExpertFlyer.com Team

Last edited by TWA884; Jul 12, 2024 at 9:09 am Reason: FT Rule 21: Do not post the names of travel company employees unless they hold executive management status.
Old Jul 10, 2024, 3:36 am

Originally Posted by kingstontoon
Anyone else having the same problem as me? I usually pay monthly for a subscription when I need it, which works out at around 7-8 times per year. My most recent subscription expired so I went to the desktop site as usual to renew but have been unable to, as I'm constantly asked to update my credit card information. My previous card had not expired, but when I add it back in and click save nothing changes and I'm still unable to renew my subscription.

However, the top left corner of the page still says I have the premium service with unlimited queries, and I retain full functionality, except I can't use the Android mobile version - it simply won't let me log in there. Logging in as desktop on my phone works fine.
same problem here on iOS. Cannot use it from my phone which kind of defeats the purpose
Old Jul 27, 2024, 4:32 pm

Originally Posted by jspear
I'm having the same problem. The response from Customer Care is clearly BS. It appears to be only the DEPARTURE timetables that are displaying completely useless information. The ARRIVAL timetables are working as they always have. I will email them as well.
I'm still seeing issues with the departures/arrivals timetable page. It's not completely garbage anymore, but under all the nonstop flights there are a ton of connecting options from all over including some odd things like rail codeshares, and I see a handful of cargo routes (with aircraft type "truck") as well.

Old Jul 29, 2024, 7:42 am

Programs: AA, UA, GE
Originally Posted by mattb02
I'm still seeing issues with the departures/arrivals timetable page. It's not completely garbage anymore, but under all the nonstop flights there are a ton of connecting options from all over including some odd things like rail codeshares, and I see a handful of cargo routes (with aircraft type "truck") as well.
My workaround for this is to manually de-select all the connecting airports and to de-select the airline with no name (see attached screen shot).

Not an ideal situation, but it is fairly easy to do.

Old Aug 2, 2024, 8:31 am

Anyone else wondering what happened to the detailed flight status information? It used to print out the air service shorthand for a flights status, which included details about whether a delay was because of weather or crew or what not. Can't find that anymore.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.