Wiki Posts
Search

Alternative to Expedia Fare Calendar??

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2003, 4:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Alternative to Expedia Fare Calendar??

For years the Expedia fare calendar has been one of my best tools in seeing all fares on all airlines. It now seems to be gone. Does anyone have any alternatives??
Old Jul 5, 2003, 4:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP / LT PLT / 3MM, Marriott LT Gold
I use it all the time too. It's still available through the site map, but I don't know if it's being updated/maintained. Someone posted that Expedia is working on a replacement. But I agree, it's very disturbing not having it!

Another enhancement ... they must be taking lessons from the airlines.

------------------
Vasant
Old Jul 5, 2003, 6:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
Let's continue the discussion in TravelBuzz, since this topic isn't directly related to miles and points.

Regards,
Gary
aka gleff
MilesBuzz and Delta moderator

p.s. try www.zuji.com.sg and chose 'my travel dates are flexible'
Old Jul 6, 2003, 4:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

For once I disagree, the Fare Calender has been used by many to plot out mile runs etc. It has been an integral part of the FT culture for several years, and alternatives should be discussed on the most trafficed of the two forums.
Old Jul 6, 2003, 6:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
Then it should have been in Mileage Run. And I'll admit my own inconsistency here -- probably should have closed the thread and referred you to this one. So, apologies.

Regards,
Gary
Old Jul 6, 2003, 4:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Gleff,

I have never done a mileage run in my life. I was just stating one of the many uses of the function I was looking for. In fact I have probably looked at the mileage run forum 5 times in my life. By moving the original thread there, very few people that used this Expedia service were able to benefit. (The answer is in fact given at MR, zbut I would have never found it on my own)

I believe it obvious from your current and former opinion that you yourself are not a user of fare calender. That is fine, however I do NOT believe that it should have been moved from MB as it is used internationally by a lot of people.
Old Jul 6, 2003, 5:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

hfly, can we discuss this via backchannel instead?

I'd drop you a line but there's no email in your profile.

Best,
Gary
Old Jul 7, 2003, 9:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

[email protected]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.