Wiki Posts
Search

Options for getting from SFO to RDM

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2005, 6:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska, NW, AGR, much love for WN
Options for getting from SFO to RDM

My husband and kids are stuck in SFO with tickets on United to get home to RDM tonight. The connecting flight left while his flight from LAS (delayed because of fog) was taxing in, and he has been on standby all day. He's not getting any help from United--getting them to check on other airports was like pulling teeth. So I thought I would turn to the experts. We have tried different airports other than RDM, including Medford, Eugene, Portland and Seattle, but they are saying all flights are full until Christmas Day. I just want my family home and my husband's birthday is Wednesday.

Driving is not an option because a couple of the passes are closed between CA and home.

Any help or suggestions on how to better work the system is appreciated!
Old Dec 19, 2005, 9:15 pm
J-M
Suspended

You can get them on UA518 or UA112 from SFO-PDX tomorrow morning (12/20). Plenty of seats open on both of those.

From there, everything out of PDX is sold out for the rest of the day. They will need to spend the day and night in PDX unless they want to drive from there.

On Wednesday (12/21) they can take UA6311 PDX-MFR, which will still require a bit of a drive.

They could also buy one-way tickets on AS2131 ($79 each), putting them on the right side of the Cascades.
Old Dec 19, 2005, 9:26 pm
Original Poster

How can I find AS2131? Is that Alaska Air?
Old Dec 19, 2005, 9:41 pm
J-M
Suspended

Originally Posted by govmarley
How can I find AS2131? Is that Alaska Air?
Yes. That's an Alaska Air flight, operated by Horizon. www.alaskaair.com or at the ticket counter, far left side at PDX.
Old Dec 19, 2005, 9:49 pm
Original Poster

Ok, we finally got them on a standby flight from SFO to PDX. They are going to stay in a hotel around PDX and try to get a flight on any airline tomorrow to RDM. I went to Alaska's website and tried to select PDX to RDM for tomorrow, but it keeps giving me an error message. I'll keep trying to find something that will get them home tomorrow.
Thanks for your help!
Old Dec 19, 2005, 10:06 pm
J-M
Suspended

Originally Posted by govmarley
Ok, we finally got them on a standby flight from SFO to PDX. They are going to stay in a hotel around PDX and try to get a flight on any airline tomorrow to RDM. I went to Alaska's website and tried to select PDX to RDM for tomorrow, but it keeps giving me an error message. I'll keep trying to find something that will get them home tomorrow.
Thanks for your help!
PDX-RDM looks 100% sold out all day long.

Call Alaska (1-800-ALASKAAIR) and see what they can do for you. There is a flight to LMT tomorrow morning that seems to have seats open, flight number is AS2131. That may be your only option.
Old Dec 19, 2005, 10:19 pm
Original Poster

I will certainly call them and see if they can squeeze the three of them on the flight. It will be nice to have them home, so I hope it works out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.