Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Global Entry for Minors, Children and Infants

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Global Entry for Minors, Children and Infants

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2012 | 8:33 am
15 Years on Site

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
Originally Posted by tanja
How do they interview a child?
Show the parent how to place the child's hand on the fingerprint scanner.
Old Mar 2, 2012 | 5:10 pm

Thanks for the info. I wonder what the interview is going to be like?
Old Mar 21, 2012 | 8:22 pm

Programs: CO, AA, UA
Global Entry for Children/Infants

So children can sign up for Global Entry now if they're under 14? Last I checked it wasn't allowed. I have an infant I would love to get signed up. Anyone have any experience?
Old Mar 21, 2012 | 9:21 pm

Programs: Platinum
Taking my kids to their GE interview tomorrow. We'll see how it goes.
Old Mar 22, 2012 | 11:07 am
50 Countries Visited30 Nights1M15 Years on Site

Location: Catania, Sicily/South Jersey (PHL)/Houston/Red Stick, La./airborne in-between
Programs: United Global Svs, AA PlatPro, WN RR, AZ/ITA Freccia, Hilton Diam, Bonvoy Gold, Hertz Prez, IHG
Originally Posted by houstonhusker
So children can sign up for Global Entry now if they're under 14? Last I checked it wasn't allowed. I have an infant I would love to get signed up. Anyone have any experience?
Yes it has been posted on other threads here. Search the CBP website and it links to the Federal Register page of hte rules also.

The Global Entry site has not been updated yet
Old Mar 22, 2012 | 3:42 pm

GE for kids!

We were delayed 2 hours to SFO, and missed our appointment. We decided go anyway, and CBP agents were there, no interviewees . They went ahead and interviewed both kids in under 5 minutes. By the time we sat down for some lunch 15 minutes later, the approval email arrived! Hope to use it next week, for a tight connection at LAX.
Old Mar 28, 2012 | 8:23 am

Programs: UA, AA
So, what exactly is the interview for kids like? Do they ask them questions and make them watch the video? Or do they just skip to the picture/fingerprinting.
Old Mar 29, 2012 | 6:29 am

Originally Posted by PSU Mudder
So, what exactly is the interview for kids like? Do they ask them questions and make them watch the video? Or do they just skip to the picture/fingerprinting.
Just a few questions to make sure they were our kids, and that we understood how to use the kiosk, then took pictures and fingerprints. They were joking with the kids to make them feel at easy. Very nice guys. SFO has four desks to process interviews, so it was very quick.

Got to use GE for the first time yesterday at LAX Terminal 6/7. I think only 5 other people used the kiosk on our 777. Maybe 5 minutes at the kiosk (the kids have to back up a little to show up on the camera). Skipped the queue, and handed the GE printout to CBP agents after baggage claim (we did carryon only). Up the escalators, no line at Terminal 6 Security, we were back airside within 10 minutes. I noticed UA had us protected for the flight since we only had 1 1/2 hour to transit. Of course, the new UA gave us a flight was 2 days in the future. If we missed the connection, it would have cost us more than the GE fees in terms of missed work for my wife and I.
Old Apr 11, 2012 | 10:02 pm
Original Member
20 Countries Visited1M20 Years on Site

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
FAQ on the GE page have been updated.

Q: Are children able to enroll in Global Entry?
A: Yes. Children may enroll in Global Entry. Minor Children 18 years or younger are required to have parental or legal guardianship permission.
Old May 1, 2012 | 10:36 am
15 Years on Site

For anyone who has applied for your child - Do you need a separate GOES account for them, or do you do it under your existing account (assuming you already have GE)?
Old May 1, 2012 | 7:33 pm

Programs: AMEX Platinum, Global Entry, Priority Pass, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by drewguy
For anyone who has applied for your child - Do you need a separate GOES account for them, or do you do it under your existing account (assuming you already have GE)?
The rule is always one GOES account per person, regardless of age.
Old May 1, 2012 | 10:13 pm

Originally Posted by tanja
How do they interview a child?
They asked for their name and age. They also asked if they had been convicted of a felony. My wife told them to say "Convicted? No." My 12 year old was worried about personal questions like if he had a girlfriend. Fortunately for him, they did not ask those questions.
Old May 3, 2012 | 1:57 pm
15 Years on Site

Originally Posted by 14940674
The rule is always one GOES account per person, regardless of age.
Thanks.

I learned that one now can create the username, instead of mine which is two letters and a bunch of random (to me) numbers.
Old May 14, 2012 | 11:51 am
10 Countries Visited20 Countries Visited30 Countries Visited10 Years on Site

Has anyone applied for Global Entry for a toddler/infant? My wife and I came through JFK recently and were told that we couldn't "cut to the front of the line" with our 7 month old. (Because we didn't know this -- and in fact that was the exact opposite of what we were told at our interview -- he let us through this time.) He said that the minimum age for GE was lowered from 14 to 4, but the FAQ says that "minor children" can apply, which would seem to indicate no minimum.

Thanks.
Old May 14, 2012 | 12:22 pm

Location: EWR, USA, AA 1MM Gold, United Premier Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Emerald Club Executive
Originally Posted by crimson12
Has anyone applied for Global Entry for a toddler/infant? My wife and I came through JFK recently and were told that we couldn't "cut to the front of the line" with our 7 month old. (Because we didn't know this -- and in fact that was the exact opposite of what we were told at our interview -- he let us through this time.) He said that the minimum age for GE was lowered from 14 to 4, but the FAQ says that "minor children" can apply, which would seem to indicate no minimum.

Thanks.
GE is now open to everyone I think...no age restrictions as far as I am aware of. I just got it for my 4 and 3 year old kids. No problems at all...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.