Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

Adding booking to account and upgrade with miles

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2021 | 3:06 pm
Original Poster
50 Countries Visited

So this is two questions in one:

1. I made a booking without a TK account. I created a TK M&S account after the booking was made. Is there a way to add the booking to the account *on the web site* such that it will be visible there? Also - is there a way to permanently save on the web site bookings I made for other passengers? (FWIW, I know they can be saved in the app, but having these bookings visible on the website would be helpful)

2. I am planning to upgrade a booking with miles. Miles are being transferred from the Citi Thankyou points (waiting). Am I able to upgrade a booking that does not have my M&S account attached (either a booking for myself, but using a different program account or a booking for another person)?

Thank you!

Last edited by tr3k; Jul 19, 2021 at 3:14 pm
Old Jul 19, 2021 | 3:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
1. Are you crediting to a different FFP? If so to attach your reservation to your Miles&Smiles account, you need to change your FFP number to Miles&Smiles so it could be attached in your account. If you don't have another FFP, just insert your M&S # and your booking would be automatically linked to your account.

2. Yes you could, however, this might require a call and might not be doable online.
Old Jul 19, 2021 | 4:26 pm
Original Poster
50 Countries Visited

If I change the ffp to M&S - can I then change it back later?

I assume tickets upgraded with miles still earn the same amount as the original booking?
Old Jul 19, 2021 | 4:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by tr3k
If I change the ffp to M&S - can I then change it back later?

I assume tickets upgraded with miles still earn the same amount as the original booking?
Yes you would be able to change it later, but if you're planning to credit to another FFP, I would suggest you to enter your reservation details manually rather than saving it to your M&S profile. You might need an airport agent to change your FFP later on and YMMV. If you really need the redeemable/status miles in your other FFP, I would forget about the convenience seeing the reservation in my profile.

And, yes, tickets upgraded with miles would earn the same amount as the original booking.
tr3k likes this.
Old Jul 22, 2021 | 12:21 pm

what's the best use for a small amount of leftover miles in the account around 20k>?
Old Jul 23, 2021 | 8:58 pm
Original Poster
50 Countries Visited

Originally Posted by Ramiraw
what's the best use for a small amount of leftover miles in the account around 20k>?
Upgrading an intra-European flight?
Old Jul 24, 2021 | 8:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
10 Years on Site

Programs: IB+ Gold, TK E+, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTP, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by Ramiraw
Moving 60k Marriott points into M&S --> 25k miles... giving you 45k for a one way in J between Europe and most of the world.

In other words, you don't waste leftover miles, you top up for something great...
Old Jul 24, 2021 | 8:25 pm
Original Poster
50 Countries Visited

Originally Posted by craigthemif
Moving 60k Marriott points into M&S --> 25k miles... giving you 45k for a one way in J between Europe and most of the world.

In other words, you don't waste leftover miles, you top up for something great...
When I tried to price M&S mileage flights, I got over 100K for US-Europe flights. How do I get the 45K option?
Old Jul 25, 2021 | 1:13 am
10 Years on Site

Programs: oneworld, * Alliance, Marriott Bonvoy, HHonors, WoH
When I tried to price M&S mileage flights, I got over 100K for US-Europe flights. How do I get the 45K option?
Only when Saver(J class) award seats are available, search a different dates. Married segments applies, search EU-US not EU-IST and IST-US.
craigthemif and ISTFlyer like this.
Old Jul 25, 2021 | 7:44 am
Original Poster
50 Countries Visited

Originally Posted by Jaenks
Only when Saver(J class) award seats are available, search a different dates. Married segments applies, search EU-US not EU-IST and IST-US.
Oh, it does work US-EU. And here I was transfering Citi points to Lifemiles. Shoulda' put some here.

Last edited by tr3k; Jul 25, 2021 at 7:50 am
Old Jul 25, 2021 | 7:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Does it work in reverse (US-EU)? That'd be some amazing mile value.
Yes, it does.
Old Jul 27, 2021 | 3:19 pm

Why does it make a difference if youre searching from or to IST? Shouldnt it be less from/to IST since its a shorter trip?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.