Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

Miles&Smiles Membership no and Elite Plus Upgrades

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2009, 4:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: TK Elite Plus, FB Platinum, Emirates

I just joined the TK Miles&Smiles program, and plan to get Elite Plus status within the next 12 months thanks to excellent TK fares offered out of my home airport.

The temporary card has TK in front of the membership number - is that part of the actual number or just there to inform some misinformed handling agent of the TK code? I don't have any other FF cards that have the code like that, so just confirming whether to enter TK123456789 or 123456789 as the number when I update my bookings on expedia.com?

Also, do the 2 upgrade vouchers per year for Elite Plus have any booking class requirements? Couldn't find that info on the website.

Also, ssuming all TK purchased economy fares earn 100% mileage?

Thanks for your help.
Old Jul 7, 2009, 1:46 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus, Royal Orchid Plus Gold
Welcome to the program.

You need to use your number including TK.

For 2 voucher upgrades, you can use them even for seats you purchased with your milage, so any booking class is OK. I dont know your route, but usually you will not need to use these vouchers as most routes are pretty busy so once you are elite plus, you will have complimentary upgrade anyway. So i suggest you not to upgrade until check in and see if there is any upgrades already waiting for you.

for now, any fare on economy gives 100% milage but i dont think it will last forever.

Originally Posted by LH747FTL
I just joined the TK Miles&Smiles program, and plan to get Elite Plus status within the next 12 months thanks to excellent TK fares offered out of my home airport.

The temporary card has TK in front of the membership number - is that part of the actual number or just there to inform some misinformed handling agent of the TK code? I don't have any other FF cards that have the code like that, so just confirming whether to enter TK123456789 or 123456789 as the number when I update my bookings on expedia.com?

Also, do the 2 upgrade vouchers per year for Elite Plus have any booking class requirements? Couldn't find that info on the website.

Also, ssuming all TK purchased economy fares earn 100% mileage?

Thanks for your help.
Old Jul 8, 2009, 8:13 am

Programs: TK*G EP
on G/CL fares you cannot earn mileage. (status/bonus)
Old Jul 13, 2009, 2:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: TK Elite Plus, FB Platinum, Emirates
Thanks for the replies, excellent news! I'll be mostly flying Europe-IST-HKG, with some SIN/BKK/CGK thrown in (if the CGK flight ever materializes...), V or W class.

Europe-Far East J award seems to be only 70K as well, excellent deal.

My bookings now show

Frequent flyer(s): TK TK123456789
I guess that's the correct form, just looks weird with the double TK.
Old Jul 14, 2009, 4:19 am
Zel

Originally Posted by rozy
on G/CL fares you cannot earn mileage. (status/bonus)
The point if its TK fight or not! All classes (Not milage class) allow you to earn points as a statu miles. Only you can't earn miles if its milage ticket or anadolujet (second trade mark for Tk)
Old Nov 3, 2009, 4:55 am

Programs: TK, SQ, TG, NW, PCR, MR, SPG
Question

Originally Posted by Zeynel
For 2 voucher upgrades, you can use them even for seats you purchased with your milage, so any booking class is OK.
A question for Elite Plus members out there. Are the 2 free upgrades meant to be round-trip upgrades (similiar to TG free upgrades for ROP Gold members)?

I am intending to travel from SIN to JFK (via IST) by TK, purchasing economy class ticket and intend to use these 2 free upgrades. Is SIN-JFK consider 1 free upgrade used, or 2 free upgrades used?

Thanks in advance for your responses.
Old Nov 4, 2009, 4:50 am

Programs: Various shiny cards at hotel chains and airlines
This TK TK123456789 means why I did not get any points for my flight of TAP and last one of AirCanada to my TK account credited as I just entered the TK 123456789. F***, again one retrocrediting and some poststamps..!
Old Nov 4, 2009, 5:48 am

Programs: TK, SQ, TG, NW, PCR, MR, SPG
There seems to be some confusion as to how TK members should enter their membership number in their PNR for miles crediting,

You should just quote the numerals only, and tell your travel agent you are flying TK. So on your PNR and boarding pass, it should show:

TK123456789

If it shows TKTK123456789, it is wrong, the system should reject which your travel agent will advise you that you have entered a wrong FFP number.

So Fims, I believed you are safe, you should get your miles latest within 2 weeks after your flight.

Hope the above helps.
Old Nov 4, 2009, 1:45 pm

Well, the TAP flight of mid-September on which boarding pass showed TK123456789 and was in mileage-earning class is not on the list still, but well, I see how it goes with the last week's AC flight. In the past I have only credited TK flights to TK account... I hope that I do not have these issues other times when flight *A.
Old Jan 16, 2010, 10:20 pm
Used to be 'sido21'

Programs: SkyTeam Elite Plus & Stargold
So i am looking at my USair boarding pass right now
and it says: FFD: TK 123455677TK

Is this right or wrong?
And I am looking at my CO boardingpass from my Transatlantic flight from yesterday where it says: TK TK 1234567...

So just to get it right for all of my other flights: I should just ( when adding a ffqnr online) select Turkish airlines and then add the numbers ONLY ? !!

And how long would it take to retro credit via mail?
Old Jan 17, 2010, 2:37 am

I sent in by mail in November my TAP BPs to TK and have still no credits... I hope they did not make a Chirstmas bonfire with them..
Old Jan 17, 2010, 8:06 am
Used to be 'sido21'

lets hope it doenst take that long..
I am flying home tonight and then will send out the 5 boardingpasses I have with the incorrect number on them.

I hate how the TK M/S website switches from German to English and then click on somewhere its all in Turkish...
Atleast I found the adress where to send them to, sucks u cant do it online
Old Jan 18, 2010, 8:03 am
Used to be 'sido21'

strangely enough of my 5 flights this weekend.. 1 Did post !

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.