Wiki Posts
Search

Avoiding LHR

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2023 | 7:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
10 Countries Visited15 Years on Site

Programs: Nothing, nowhere!
Definitely connect in the US. Do NOT connect in Canada. Preclearance there can be unreliable IME.
Old Nov 19, 2023 | 7:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
10 Countries Visited20 Years on Site

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by USA_flyer
Definitely connect in the US. Do NOT connect in Canada. Preclearance there can be unreliable IME.
I don't think that there's any risk of connecting in Canada when flying into or out of any Montana airport.

(If the OP opted for the nonstop out of Calgary, that would involve a drive -- not a flight -- out of Montana.)
Old Nov 19, 2023 | 7:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by guv1976
I don't think that there's any risk of connecting in Canada when flying into or out of any Montana airport.

(If the OP opted for the nonstop out of Calgary, that would involve a drive -- not a flight -- out of Montana.)
I've connected at YYZ for LHR-YYZ-DTW. It was possible and, if it still is, definitely also worth avoiding.
Old Nov 19, 2023 | 7:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
10 Countries Visited20 Years on Site

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by USA_flyer
I've connected at YYZ for LHR-YYZ-DTW. It was possible and, if it still is, definitely also worth avoiding.
The OP is in Montana. DTW is in Michigan. I'm not seeing any scheduled service between any Montana airport and any Canadian airport.
Old Nov 19, 2023 | 9:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by guv1976
The OP is in Montana. DTW is in Michigan. I'm not seeing any scheduled service between any Montana airport and any Canadian airport.
Ok. I just saw calgary and assumed OP was flying there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.