Search

Air Shows?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2024, 7:28 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: American Airlines
Air Shows?

Does anyone know of any air shows happening July 3rd - 10th in Kent by chance?
Old Jun 18, 2024, 8:22 am

Programs: airline agnostic, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Jelly of the Month, DL defector, formerly NWA Plat (RIP)
This schedule lists one July 5-7 at Headcorn Airfield near Maidstone

https://britishairshows.com/british-...calendar-dates
TedToToe likes this.
Old Jun 18, 2024, 8:28 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LostInAmerica
This schedule lists one July 5-7 at Headcorn Airfield near Maidstone

https://britishairshows.com/british-...calendar-dates
Thanks! I went two years ago and it was great. I'll definitely go back this year. Considering the arriba #12 bus picks up right outside my mom's home in Tenterden I will check out and see if this field is walkable from any of 12's headcorn stops.
Old Jul 2, 2024, 7:40 am
Suspended
Original Poster

I bought two tickets for my mom and I for this show Friday. Looks like the flybys begin at 1300. I'll be bringing ole' boy Blue with me as well so he can hear the Supermarine Rolls engined Spit fly by.
Old Jul 6, 2024, 3:00 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Went yesterday but was canceled due to weather. Trying again today. I really want to see the B-17 flyby.
Hoyaheel likes this.
Old Jul 8, 2024, 7:11 am

Programs: M&S Elite+, BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by enviroian
Went yesterday but was canceled due to weather. Trying again today. I really want to see the B-17 flyby.
I hope you managed to see the aircraft. I did see a couple of BAC 167 Strikemasters over Ashford heading that way on Saturday. Shame about the weather though.
Old Jul 10, 2024, 12:22 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DaveS
I hope you managed to see the aircraft. I did see a couple of BAC 167 Strikemasters over Ashford heading that way on Saturday. Shame about the weather though.
Well first off in all the years I've been going to Kent in the summer this last week has to probably be the worst weather wise. Low 60's tops with rain all the time. Total Shiite!

We went back Saturday and I saw the C47 fly by and two spitfires. I didn't see the B-17 though. Next year I'm going to sit at the edge of the road (like I saw others) rather than drop 30 quid a head to see this show.
DaveS and GregWTravels like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.