Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Purchased UA Economy Fare but Booked into NF; is this an error?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2011, 3:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP

Just bought tickets for next month in coach on UA but bought the CO flight numbers. Logged in today to united site to choose seats and it lists the class as "First NF" and says "upgrade pending" and when I try to change seats it only shows seats in first. While the fare was high I don't think it was high enough for an auto-upgrade. Do people think this is a mistake? Should I take a seat in first (and lose one of the last OK seats left in coach?). Obviously this is way farther out in time than the 72 hour usual upgrade window.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Apr 12, 2011 at 3:41 pm Reason: vague thread title
Old Apr 12, 2011, 3:56 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA 1K MM, SPG Plat For Life, Marriott Plat, Nexus/GlobalEntry
This happens now with CO code shares. I have one currently booked myself... it's just an online glitch. Don't worry, you're in economy. If you want to change your seat you'll need to call UA.
Old Apr 12, 2011, 3:56 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

It is an error in the way UA displays it. Rest assured that you're ticketed in in coach and haven't been upgraded yet.

If you try to select the F seat it won't stick.
Old Apr 12, 2011, 4:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP
thanks! given that rest of family (including kids) are in coach on that flight, it is actually a rare possible upgrade that i am ambivalent about anyway ;-)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.