Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Presidential Plus Card Changes

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2012, 8:57 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA LT Plat 2MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by austin_native
This was several months ago. I have my doubts it would work next year. I think they just haven't figured out how to code the restriction. Ideally, they would throw out the restriction as it is silly. ...
Interesting report, hope they don't do a audit of accounts and rescind the status (as they did for some {for another reason} last year).
Old Sep 4, 2012, 8:42 pm

Programs: UA GS, Marriott Plat
Yeah...

I just converted about 1,000 FQM's to try it. I'm almost up to 150k PQM's, so I'm not concerned about a potential rescind.

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Interesting report, hope they don't do a audit of accounts and rescind the status (as they did for some {for another reason} last year).
Old Sep 4, 2012, 8:49 pm

Programs: UA GS 2MM, AA P 2MM, DL PM, US P, VS G, SPG LT P, HH D, HYATT P, PC P, AVIS PC, HERTZ PLAT
I just converted about 1,000 FQM's to try it. I'm almost up to 150k PQM's, so I'm not concerned about a potential rescind.
! We could not process your request. Please see the message below and make revisions.

! The MileagePlus number you entered has already qualified for Premier Platinum status. Your Flex Premier Qualification Miles do not expire and may be used to attain Premier status in the future.
You have requested to transfer 1000 Flexible Premier qualifying miles into your total of Premier qualifying miles for 2012/2013.

I just tried to transfer 1000 FPQM without any luck.
Old Sep 5, 2012, 6:01 am

Programs: UA MM 1K, AA MM Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
Originally Posted by raehl311
I've had pretty good success with the fraud protection on Chase. Two false-positives and 100% success on one actual fraud on two accounts over 2 years. And I don't think calling you when your purchasing habits change is necessarily a false-positive.

If it's tripping you up on international travel they do offer a way on their website to tell them about upcoming travel plans.

As for the unraised numbers, the raised numbers are convenience only - the merchant can just write down the numbers on your card by hand and it's just as valid as an imprint.
I've had mixed success with Chase. Total of four catches - 3 small number validations (not charges), but one good sized one.

It's a pain to have to go in and change all the places I have the number stored. After the second time, I made a list, so that when it happens I just go through all the Web sites (air, hotel, car, subscriptions, etc.) in about 20 minutes and replace the numbers.
Old Sep 5, 2012, 7:54 am

Programs: UA 1K, CO Plat, NW Plat, Marriott Premiere Plat, SPG Plat, Priority Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by bdraco
! The MileagePlus number you entered has already qualified for Premier Platinum status. Your Flex Premier Qualification Miles do not expire and may be used to attain Premier status in the future.
They need to update that error message because FEQM absolutely do expire!
Old Sep 5, 2012, 8:22 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat / DL-Silver / Hyatt - Glob / Hilton-Gold
Old FEQMs are grandfatherd in so do NOT expire.
Sorry, I don't remember the cutoff date to define "old". And not sure I trust UACO IT to be able to track all the variations
Old Sep 5, 2012, 9:27 am

Exactly!

Dan
Old Sep 5, 2012, 10:12 am

Programs: Continental OnePass Platinum
This was several months ago. I have my doubts it would work next year. I think they just haven't figured out how to code the restriction. Ideally, they would throw out the restriction as it is silly. I wish redeeming these still counted toward MM status!
Thanks for the report. I am not surprised that it works... in fact, I'd be surprised if it did NOT work; seems like enforcing such a restriction would open up a big can of worms on the programming side and would be low priority with all of the other stuff they've got going on.

! We could not process your request. Please see the message below and make revisions.

You have requested to transfer 1000 Flexible Premier qualifying miles into your total of Premier qualifying miles for 2012/2013.

Right, the PMCO website had this restriction in place as of about one year ago. You could not transfer any flex miles to obtain a total that exceeded 75K. But the big question is: could you transfer flex miles to obtain a total that did not exceed 75K, and then later on keep adding regular (non-flex) miles. And it seem that perhaps the answer is yes.

Last edited by iluv2fly; Sep 5, 2012 at 11:26 am Reason: merge
Old Sep 5, 2012, 3:08 pm
RNE

Originally Posted by dan1431
Exactly!
Not so fast. United has taken no discernible action on this supposed expiration. It wouldn't be United's first announcement of something that is never implemented. Until I see otherwise, I consider my FEQMs to be non-expiring. YMMV.
Old Sep 5, 2012, 3:44 pm

Programs: UA *G, Hyatt *P

Hi. I have 72,000 YTD Premier Miles and 22,000 FPQM. I'm about to fly my return trip from Hong Kong to the US and will earn 16,000 Premier Miles. Can I transfer 16,000 FPQM now to bring me to 84,000 miles and earn *P, and then let the 16,000 from my HK-USA flight be the balance up to 100,000 to earn *1K?

I've read that FPQM can't be used to get you to *1K; rather, only a flight can do that. But can FPQM put you within reach of *1K, and then let the flight miles "take me over the finish line" to *1K?

I'm leaving today - sorry for late request and looking forward to a swift reply, thank very much!
- Neil
Old Sep 5, 2012, 3:51 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA LT Plat 2MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Welcome to FT!, neil111
Originally Posted by neil111
.... Can I transfer 16,000 FPQM now to bring me to 84,000 miles and earn *P, and then let the 16,000 from my HK-USA flight be the balance up to 100,000 to earn *1K?

UA official rep to this forum, UA Insider has specifically stated that would not work (earlier in this thread), that 1K qualification can not include any FEQMs at all. The question is have the UA IT systems been modified to implement that policy or not? And if not, would it be "corrected" by UA retroactively at a later date.

There are no clear answers but there is a clear statement of policy. What you do will depend on your risk tolerance. If you do try this, I'm sure the forum would like to hear your experience.
Old Sep 5, 2012, 7:02 pm

Programs: UA *G, Hyatt *P
Hi WineCoumtryUA,

Thanks for the quick response. UA website wouldn't let me add 16k miles, but it did let me add the approx.3k needed to reach *P. status was updated on the website within 5minutes, amd when I checked in here at HKG the boarding pass said *P also. Even with this flight I will be about 13k short of 1k, but I will come back and update on what happens.
Neil
Old Sep 6, 2012, 7:52 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, IHG Silver, Hilton Silver, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Originally Posted by neil111
UA website wouldn't let me add 16k miles, but it did let me add the approx.3k needed to reach *P. status was updated on the website within 5minutes, amd when I checked in here at HKG the boarding pass said *P also. Even with this flight I will be about 13k short of 1k, but I will come back and update on what happens.
This is helpful to know as I will be attempting something similar later in the year. Look forward to hearing how it turns out.
Old Sep 6, 2012, 9:36 am

I am not sure if I read it here on FT or elsewhere, but I remember reading that UA was "deducting" FEQMs added to an account pre-PLT status if you hit 1K as to ensure that you hit 1K via BIS only.

Dan
Old Sep 6, 2012, 10:57 am

Programs: AA PP, Hilton/MR Gold
Originally Posted by dan1431
I am not sure if I read it here on FT or elsewhere, but I remember reading that UA was "deducting" FEQMs added to an account pre-PLT status if you hit 1K as to ensure that you hit 1K via BIS only.

Dan
That's the official position. I do not believe we've seen a practical example however. The only thing we _know_ is that the system won't let you transfer more FEQM once you are at/above 75k.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.