Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Club Access with first class ticket to hawaii?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2012, 3:19 pm
Original Poster

Hello,

I am looking for updated information regarding club access at HNL with a first class ticket. In this case will be arriving into HNL (traveling in F) but have 4 hour layover for inter island connecting flight.

Does an F ticket provide Red Carpet Club access?
Old May 3, 2012, 3:20 pm

Programs: VAG
Nope.
Old May 3, 2012, 3:37 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Related thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...ss-ticket.html
Old May 3, 2012, 3:40 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Since nothing has changed, no need for "updated information." No dice.
Old May 3, 2012, 3:41 pm

Programs: UA Global Services, HH Diamond
CO would allow BusinessFirst passengers to have access to the club in HNL for travel, but in the UA world, not sure what the policy is.

But if you're connecting from a Hawaiian Airline in first class, you can also hang out in the Hawaiian Air lounge just by showing your HA F boarding pass. I'll hang out in the one that's upstairs near the WikiWiki stop, and then just take the WikiWiki over to the UA gates when you're ready to go. Snacks are more limited than UA's offerings, but you can stock up on guava juice and Kona coffee and their snack mix and relax while Hawaiian music is piped-in in comfortable surroundings.

The lounge by the interisland gates on the main level is larger, but it's less convenient to get over to the mainland departure gates.
Old May 3, 2012, 3:59 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Under CO policy the BusinessFirst flights included lounge access (IAH/EWR-HNL). Under UA, I found this new policy on the website:

Travel within the U.S. (including Hawaii and Guam) in United First or United Business is not eligible.
Note it does not state United Business First - only United First (a domestic product) and United Business (2nd class in the 3 class product).

So, I would take this to mean a United Business First ticket/bp is eligible - the difference being a 764 aircraft operating from SF or LA or DEN with domestic F inflight service would not be eligible, while the BF service (BF-Lite) from EWR and IAH would.
Old May 3, 2012, 4:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM. DL Plat, AS MVP
Originally Posted by Redeemed
Hello,

I am looking for updated information regarding club access at HNL with a first class ticket. In this case will be arriving into HNL (traveling in F) but have 4 hour layover for inter island connecting flight.

Does an F ticket provide Red Carpet Club access?
Are you arriving from Asia in F or from the US in F? I assume from the US, but you need know! (May not be important anyway - can one use the UC in HNL as an arrivals lounge?)
Old May 3, 2012, 4:40 pm

Programs: UA 1K / 1MM; AA EXP; SPG Plat
Originally Posted by bocastephen

So, I would take this to mean a United Business First ticket/bp is eligible - the difference being a 764 aircraft operating from SF or LA or DEN with domestic F inflight service would not be eligible, while the BF service (BF-Lite) from EWR and IAH would.
There is NO BF service from EWR or IAD (or IAH, DEN or SFO) for that matter ... it is now ALL UA Domestic First ... the only diff is that if you are on 764 n/s from EWR, IAD, IAH or DEN to HNL ... you do get the nicer seats, and those flights are NOT eligible for complimentary upgrades (you have to use a Regional or Global upgrade).
Old May 3, 2012, 7:41 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by FlyingProf
There is NO BF service from EWR or IAD (or IAH, DEN or SFO) for that matter ... it is now ALL UA Domestic First ... the only diff is that if you are on 764 n/s from EWR, IAD, IAH or DEN to HNL ... you do get the nicer seats, and those flights are NOT eligible for complimentary upgrades (you have to use a Regional or Global upgrade).
Where is it written that EWR/IAH-HNL lost the BF-lite product?
Old May 3, 2012, 7:43 pm

Programs: United Gold
If the new UA would follow their GG CHECKPOINT LINE 53, I could get in and sponsor some people into the club.
Old May 3, 2012, 8:16 pm

Programs: CO Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by bocastephen
Where is it written that EWR/IAH-HNL lost the BF-lite product?
There have been some threads about this downgrade a few months back in threads about the decline is service HNL-IAH. I don't think there was an announcement, per se, just the removal of mention of the service as BF (lite).
Old May 3, 2012, 9:02 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Plat Pro, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I was just an HNL. I was admitted to the Club for free as I was upfront on the 764. The PMUA agent (as evidenced by her uniform) said the free entry only applied to DEN/IAH/EWR flights in F.
Old May 5, 2012, 11:38 am

Programs: UA*1K & UA Club, National Ex. Elite, Hertz Pres. Circ., Amex Plat., CLEAR
My sister in law and her friend bought tickets from IAD-HNL and I upgraded them using some GPUs. (Yeah, that's what I do with GPUs nowadays. Better than letting them expire.)

The flight is on a 767-400, but is marketed as "United First". Has anyone gained entry into the United Club on these kind of tickets at IAD? HNL may be an unusual case, since they're familiar with these pseudo-BusinessFirst flights.
Old Aug 19, 2013, 3:26 pm

Will be flying in a 3 class 777 from HNL-SFO in F. I assume I will not be able to access the lounge?
Old Aug 19, 2013, 3:28 pm

Programs: United Gold
Originally Posted by nlfmanager
Will be flying in a 3 class 777 from HNL-SFO in F. I assume I will not be able to access the lounge?
Most likely not. But you can try if you want and see what they say.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.