Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United confirmation / e-receipt email address, delays & delivery issues

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 29, 2021, 10:34 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Print Wikipost

United confirmation / e-receipt email address, delays & delivery issues

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2016, 6:45 pm

Having mail providers block those emails is the only explanation besides UA's systems having issues. I booked a flight earlier this week and received both emails within a few minutes - just like it should be. Then I booked a flight yesterday, received 0 emails.
Old May 13, 2016, 6:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Often1
None. UA is generally instantaneous, both as to e-ticket confirmation
That hasn't been the case since the PSS merger (3/2012). There's always a bit of delay for the e-ticket confirmation. Mine was about 4 minutes today, but it can easily be hours.
Old May 14, 2016, 5:21 am

Programs: UA 1k 1MM, VA G
I have a dedicated email account just for dealing with UA and run my own Mailserver (on my own domain) I've had zero issues with UA emails except for when UA just never sends one which only happens for marketing emails for me
The ticket emails all come through near instantly
Old Sep 7, 2019, 6:06 am

United email confirmation

One reason I didn’t receive the email within 24 hours is because the customer service phone person who sold me the ticket completely MADE UP AN EMAIL ADDRESS!
Old Aug 1, 2020, 9:55 pm

Problems getting a ticket receipt from UA.com

I think there used to be a button that allows us to view and print itineraries in a new tab in the manage reservation page, but I cannot find it anymore. Is there any way to see my receipt? I requested the receipt to be sent to my email for many times, but it never appeared in my inbox.
Old Aug 2, 2020, 9:53 am

Originally Posted by yowi
I think there used to be a button that allows us to view and print itineraries in a new tab in the manage reservation page, but I cannot find it anymore. Is there any way to see my receipt? I requested the receipt to be sent to my email for many times, but it never appeared in my inbox.
Ive had much better luck in the past at receiving an emailed receipt by requesting it through the iPhone App - I dont use the website for that anymore so not sure where it might be if they changed it
Old Aug 2, 2020, 7:39 pm

Location: out my front door 60 min prior to IAH flight until they increased the check in time to 45 min
Programs: CO Platinum or UA 1K for so long, now almost 2MM
Originally Posted by yowi
It’s annoying that it’s gone
Old Aug 2, 2020, 11:11 pm

Programs: Statusless and proud
Originally Posted by arisaa
It’s annoying that it’s gone
Agreed. There is nowhere on the itinerary page to actually get your ticket number other than try to get it to email it to you.

Chris
Old Aug 25, 2020, 8:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Problems getting a ticket receipt from UA.com

Used to be able to click on View receipt and get a nice, clean one page receipt include ticket number.
That is now gone and replaced by Email receipt. Except that this doesn't seem to work any more, at least for me.
In the past couple of weeks, I've tried to email a receipt on multiple occasions, to 4 different email addresses. None of them have arrived despite getting a "We successfully sent your receipt" message.

Any ideas how to get a receipt these days without calling in?
Old Aug 25, 2020, 11:43 am

Location: Clinging to the edifices of a decadent past from the biggest city in America nobody really cares about.
Programs: (ಠ_ಠ)
Originally Posted by SFO777
I've tried to email a receipt on multiple occasions, to 4 different email addresses. None of them have arrived despite getting a "We successfully sent your receipt" message.
Interesting. The go to for me has always been using the app and then using a different email address to force UA.com to (re)generate a new eTicket receipt.

Should note this only works if the original ticket has already been issued (I think?) and you'll still get the "email sent" confirmation even if no eticket exists yet.

Might be worth a phone call to see if Res or the ESD can push it out.
Old Aug 25, 2020, 1:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by SFO777
Used to be able to click on View receipt and get a nice, clean one page receipt include ticket number.
That is now gone and replaced by Email receipt. Except that this doesn't seem to work any more, at least for me.
In the past couple of weeks, I've tried to email a receipt on multiple occasions, to 4 different email addresses. None of them have arrived despite getting a "We successfully sent your receipt" message.

Any ideas how to get a receipt these days without calling in?
I've had just this problem. I even tried calling in and asking for a receipt to be sent. That did not arrive either. I subsequently discovered that my wife was deluged with receipts when I tried in vain to obtain a receipt from UA. It seems that our two pax reservation was purchased from her account and not mine. Every time I asked for a receipt UA sent it not to the address it asked for and that I supplied, but to my wife's email address on file with UA.

I hpe this helps you to obtain a receipt. I hope UA fixes this annoying problem. I hope UA returns the "View receipt" button. Emailed receipts are another step when one simply wants to print a receipt. Aside from an extra unnecessary step, emailing causes all sorts of additional stuff to show up when printing.
Old Aug 27, 2020, 5:53 am

Programs: UA: 1K 1.5MM, DL: LTDM 3.5MM, JB: Mosaic4, LH: exSEN 1MM, Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite, Hertz PresC
After having talked to UA/1K desk, they told me that they have been working on the web page and that they have received multiple complains about the missing "print receipt" button. Also the new format expands the receipt from a single page to a minimum of 3 page format, which is just painful.
Old Aug 28, 2020, 7:02 am

Programs: United 1K MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Christefan
After having talked to UA/1K desk, they told me that they have been working on the web page and that they have received multiple complains about the missing "print receipt" button. Also the new format expands the receipt from a single page to a minimum of 3 page format, which is just painful.
Suggest that anyone interacting with 1K Desk whether verbally or electronically make the plea to reinstate the “View Receipt” option on both the United app and United.com.

Sending that message to 1KVoice now.
Old Aug 28, 2020, 9:52 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
The app works great to get a receipt. Issues within seconds typically

Go to my trips, select trip, scroll to bottom select email receipt. Your email on file will pre-propagate or you can enter another
Old Aug 28, 2020, 10:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by Flying Machine
The app works great to get a receipt. Issues within seconds typically

Go to my trips, select trip, scroll to bottom select email receipt. Your email on file will pre-propagate or you can enter another
Emailed receipts print over numerous pages, not on a single page as with the "view receipt" button. That is rather inconvenient. Als, if someone else has purchased the ticket via a different UA account, UA seems to ignore the email address entered and sends it to the original purchaser. This can prove to be quite confusing when receipts do not show up as requested -- while the original purchaser is deluged with receipts as you try, frustrated, multiple times.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.