Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United MP Club Card / PresidentialPlus - 2 for 1 Business Tix benefit: Fare Question

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

United MP Club Card / PresidentialPlus - 2 for 1 Business Tix benefit: Fare Question

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2012 | 5:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
15 Years on Site

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by pyat
Actually BOTH ticketers must travel on the same itinerary with the exact same flights and dates. No exceptions. I have the 'fine print' booklet and read it many times.
That is not true. It is not a Z ticket, but a J ticket.

If you haven't even noticed that double-posting a thread is not permitted by FT rules (here and on the UA main forum), I am not sure you really read the fine print.

Last edited by aacharya; Mar 19, 2014 at 11:49 am
Old Oct 27, 2012 | 5:18 pm

FRAUD on United Airlines Chase 2Fo1 Business Fare to Europe !!!

Spend FOUR hours today with United Airlines, I was told to get the BF2for1, I needed to make sure z class was available. I went to United.com, purchased two BF tix for my brother/sister in law, $9800.00. I then went to purchase my z fares on-line $9800.00. Call to get my BF2for1, as can't enter BF2for1 as I was told to do. Sudddenly when you call United z class ........now the tix are suddenrly $12,000 each !!!!! Making the BF2for1 more than direct purchase in Z CLASS as required, this is a SCAM, and I am reporting it to the better business bureau.
Old Oct 27, 2012 | 5:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
20 Years on Site

Originally Posted by Shawn Cannon
Spend FOUR hours today with United Airlines, I was told to get the BF2for1, I needed to make sure z class was available. I went to United.com, purchased two BF tix for my brother/sister in law, $9800.00. I then went to purchase my z fares on-line $9800.00. Call to get my BF2for1, as can't enter BF2for1 as I was told to do. Sudddenly when you call United z class ........now the tix are suddenrly $12,000 each !!!!! Making the BF2for1 more than direct purchase in Z CLASS as required, this is a SCAM, and I am reporting it to the better business bureau.
How many Z fares did they have before you bought the first 2? Prices are not static. Buying the first 2 may have triggered and change in fare for the same class. Happens all the time.
Old Oct 27, 2012 | 6:18 pm
10 Countries Visited20 Countries Visited30 Countries Visited15 Years on Site

Programs: UA GS>1K>Nothing; DL DM 2MM; AS 75K>Nothing>MVP
Does anybody have the exact rules for this and an explanation of how to get this to work.

Specifically, what fare basis for the first ticket, what fare basis for the companion ticket. What number to call. Any restrictions on the tickets.

I fly with my wife 4 or 5 times a years, and if we could get two RT biz tickets for $5k - $6k, we'd probably take advantage of this offer. As it is, she stays at home unless I can use GPUs or score decent award seats.

NEVER MIND - I FOUND THE ANSWERS. J FOR THE 1ST Z FOR THE COMPANION. RIDICULOUS OFFER SINCE J IS MORE THAN TWICE Z.

Last edited by 5khours; Oct 27, 2012 at 6:32 pm
Old Jan 30, 2013 | 12:42 pm

Presidential Plus - Business First 2 for 1

A feature of the Chase Presidential Plus Card is BusinessFirst 2 for 1 tickets. As you can see in the agreement below, the requirements are that you pay for one J-class fare, but only if two tickets in Z-class are available. Both fares give you the same seat. My dilemma is that I have just checked over 20 flights on United.com and in every case - one J-class ticket costs more than 2 Z-class tickets. My question to my fellow flyers is - has anyone ever taken advantage of this benefit? It seems to me that if you did, you may have been led to believe that you were receiving a benefit when you actually paid more for your tickets than if you booked them normally.

I think this qualifies as an unfair or deceptive act or practice but I am open to see if there is something I am missing here.....

"BUSINESSFIRST 2-FOR-1 TICKETS: As a current Continental Airlines Chase Credit cardmember, you are eligible to book two BusinessFirst tickets for the price of one full-fare (J fare class, non-discounted) BusinessFirst ticket when you book tickets using your Continental Airlines Chase Credit card as the form of payment and mention or enter Offer Code BF2for1. Government imposed taxes and fees apply to both tickets. This offer requires that the Primary Cardmember be one of the travelers on the itinerary. Tickets must be booked at continental.com Opens new window. or through Continental Reservations and purchased together for travel on the same itinerary. There must be availability in Continentals Z booking class for both BusinessFirst tickets. Z class is capacity controlled and may not be available on all flights. Flights with no First Class or BusinessFirst cabins must be booked in Y class. This offer is valid on qualifying paid round-trip flights for tickets purchased for flights operated by Continental Airlines, Continental Micronesia, Continental Express (operated by ExpressJet Airlines, Inc. or Chautauqua Airlines, Inc.) and Continental Connection.This offer cannot be used in combination with any other discount/special/offer. OnePass Program rules apply. Please see Continental.com Opens new window. (http://www.continental.com/cardmember) or call toll free 1-800-231-0856 for complete details. Ticket must be booked and purchased directly from Continental."
Old Jan 30, 2013 | 12:56 pm
mia
Flyertalk Posting Legend Moderator: Credit Card Programs, American Express, Capital One, Chase, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures.
10 Countries Visited2M20 Years on Site

Programs: HH & IHG Gold; Marriott & AA Perpetual Platinum
Moderator action

Welcome to Flyertalk. Your thread has been transferred to the United Airlines forum where there is the highest concentration of members who hold this card and may have used this benefit.
Old Jan 30, 2013 | 1:05 pm
txp

Programs: UA, AA, DL, BA, Marriott, Hilton, Accor, Hyatt
Never used it but came close to using it a few years back when the J fare was only 40% higher than the Z fare. Obviously, this is no longer the case on most routes.

The one advantage, I think, is that J fares are refundable and do not require advance purchase, unlike Z fares. So, in order for this offer to be appealing to me, it would have to be a last-minute emergency-type travel with some left-over availability in Z class but with inability to ticket directly in Z given that class' advance purchase requirements. I suspect that these circumstances will be encountered in less than 1% of my travel patterns.
Old Jan 30, 2013 | 1:05 pm

This might help:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/conti...f-benefit.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...-question.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...-offering.html
Old Jan 30, 2013 | 1:59 pm
10 Countries Visited20 Countries Visited30 Countries Visited15 Years on Site

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Virtuoso Travel Agent, Commercial Pilot
As you noted, it's very rarely useful. The only time that I ever almost used it (or rather the Amex Platinum 2 for 1 in this case) was when I had a client who needed to fly a very complex routing with lots of stopovers where the cheapest published fare for that routing was a J fare. Instead, though, we end up using a complementary J->F upgrade program that Lufthansa was offering.
Old Feb 1, 2013 | 9:34 am

Chase United Presidential Plus Card 2-1 Biz Class Question

Not sure correct forum, but does anyone know what the minimum ticketing class is to use this card for the 2-1 Companion fare in business class is?
Old Feb 1, 2013 | 9:51 am

I just did a search and entered J class. I get an error message saying J is not available for that type of aircraft. ANy suggestions? This IAH-PER(Houston-LAX(7474-400)-Mel-Perth) and SYD-IAH (Syd (747-400)- Dallas-Houston)return.
Old Feb 1, 2013 | 10:02 am
mia
Flyertalk Posting Legend Moderator: Credit Card Programs, American Express, Capital One, Chase, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures.
10 Countries Visited2M20 Years on Site

Programs: HH & IHG Gold; Marriott & AA Perpetual Platinum
Moderator action

Thread transferred to the MileagePlus forum, the best place to ask any UA-related question.
Old Jun 5, 2013 | 1:32 pm

Programs: United, AA, USAir, Delta, Southwest, Midway
To answer one question, I used it to get a free or rather near free business class ticket for my wife. I selected the flight on United and selected the J class fare and up came the flight with price. It turned out it was a bug, there were no J class seats on that flight and it just returned a different class seat but left it labeled as J. This was a flight from Philadelphia, PA to Puerto Vallarta, MX. As was mentioned on another thread, this is not a flight that has J-Class fares. My wife, who is much better at this than me, spent about 6 hours, two approximately 3 hour phone conversations including showing them that the website showed J-Class even though none existed. The supervisor eventually overode the prices and got the second flight for my wife for something like $1.00, needless to say, we accepted that.
Old Mar 19, 2014 | 11:18 am

Programs: United
I called Chase to find out how to book this fare and the agent told me to book a Z class fare. I called United as I was unable to find a Z fare on their website and the agent found me two tickets on Z from SFO-DEL-SFO for about $6k each. I told her that I had the United Club card and I would like to avail the 2 for 1 offer on the Z fare and she was flummoxed. Put me on hold forever and told me that she was not able to find the promo. I told her to book my tickets and put them on the one day hold and I would call chase and try to get clarification.

I called Chase and the second agent told me to use offer code BF2FOR1. Sounded too simple if you ask me. She said to ask the agent to use this code and try it on Z or J class. So mind you, two people at Chase saying Z class fare is eligible for the 2 for 1.

I called United back and relayed the Chase information. Again, I was put on hold for almost twenty minutes and the agent came back and said the ticket was pricing out at $15K each. Yes, the ticket went from $6k to $15K ? Quite a promotion if you ask me.

This is the stuff class action lawsuits are made of. The sanctimonious answers about "read the fine print" is BS if you ask me. I challenge these guys to call chase club card 800 number and ask which class is eligible. It's not JUST J it's also Z but getting it done is another ballgame.
Old Mar 19, 2014 | 11:27 am
30 Countries Visited1M15 Years on Site

Programs: UA AU MM,HH Diamond,Hyatt Globalist , Marriott Gold
I'm pretty sure this "benefit" went away quite some time ago. Well, that and it was on unrestricted fares, not Z.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.