Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

PQP posting for cash upgrades, E+ fees, ..... when? No RDMs

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 5, 2020, 10:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
The following purchases earn PQP:
  • Base fare + surcharge
  • Economy Plus® seating or subscriptions
  • Preferred seat purchases
  • *NEW* MileagePlus Upgrade Award co-pays
  • *NEW* Paid upgrades on flights operated by United and United Express
  • *NEW* Flights ticketed and operated by our Star AllianceTM partners
PQPs for seat fees, upgrade fees / sticker-upgrades, co-pays, ... are posting separate from the flight PQPs and this seems to occur 1-2-3 days after the flight.
These separately posting extra PQPs are not RDM earning (as these fees did not in the past).
Cabin upgrades post as "Day of departure upgrade"

An alternative to Upgrade Fees that would earn RMDs is "Upfaring" -- this is a formal ticket change and not really possible to do online (due to change fee issues and UA system issues). You will need to call and specifically ask for an upfare. Change fees should be waived per "GG BUYUP" and then validate the receipt states "ADD/COLLECT" and not "Premium Cabin Upgrade / PCU" or "Merchandising / EDD". The new Fare class is not a significant indicator of what was done.
In the case of upfaring, the base fare will be adjusted and the new adjusted base fare will post as the PQP for the flight and fully earn RDMs.
Note: Upfaring agency issued tickets may be possible to do.

Related thread for prior to 2020 upgrade fees; Some Paid Upgrades Count Towards PQD & mileage bonus and some DON'T![/quote]

Print Wikipost

PQP posting for cash upgrades, E+ fees, ..... when? No RDMs

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2021, 3:18 pm

Programs: UA Premier Gold, Starwood Gold, Plat AE, CO PP MC, Marriott Rewards Plat, Virgin Elevate Gold
thanks guys!
Old Oct 13, 2021, 2:17 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I bought up to an upgrade last Sunday. The flight posted on Sunday but the extra PQP didn't post until today, Wednesday.
Old Dec 14, 2021, 2:33 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: United Platinum, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Gold
Upgrade from Economy Plus to Premium

on HNL-ORD leg cost an additional $600 and moved me to O class from G glass, yet pqp seems to have remained the same.
So is either true - upgrades don't get you additional pqp OR O class pqp is basically the same as G class?
Or am I missing something. I thought the new system was supposed to give you points based on spend. If I upgrade, I am spending more, so where's the PQP for that?
Old Dec 14, 2021, 3:10 pm

Programs: United
Originally Posted by scottemick
on HNL-ORD leg cost an additional $600 and moved me to O class from G glass, yet pqp seems to have remained the same.
So is either true - upgrades don't get you additional pqp OR O class pqp is basically the same as G class?
Or am I missing something. I thought the new system was supposed to give you points based on spend. If I upgrade, I am spending more, so where's the PQP for that?
I am pretty sure those points come in later and possibly after you complete the flight? I know they are not instant but you do get them.
HawaiiDave and scottemick like this.
Old Dec 14, 2021, 3:17 pm

The PQPs for the upgrade will show up as a separate line item a day or two after your flight. No RDMs for the upgrade portion of the fare.
scottemick likes this.
Old Dec 17, 2021, 10:29 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: United Platinum, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Gold
Thanks I did get some points. I'm now going to hit platinum which is better than what I aimed for, gold...Maybe next year I'll get that 1K.
I'm happy!
Old Jan 18, 2022, 7:46 am

Appropriate Credit for Same Day Offer to Pay Up to Polaris

Moderator: I am sorry--please move to appropriate thread
~~~~~~~
A friend just texted me. He was offered a same day offer to pay to Polaris. It's a good deal. I told him to do it regardless. However, he also asked: does he get appropriate credit for the new class of service toward both status and FF?

TIA
Old Jan 18, 2022, 8:12 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
A buy up should get PQP, but won't get additional miles (PQP*relevant elite multiplier)
Old Mar 7, 2022, 6:46 pm

Programs: Continental OnePass
If you do a miles+cash upgrade do you get PQP for the cash spent?
Old Mar 7, 2022, 6:47 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA LT Plat 2MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by swiftaw
If you do a miles+cash upgrade do you get PQP for the cash spent?
yes
Old Mar 18, 2022, 11:22 am

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
yes
Thanks. Any idea how long after completion of the itinerary before the PQP posts?
Old Mar 18, 2022, 8:38 pm

Programs: UA LT Plat 2MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Thanks. Any idea how long after completion of the itinerary before the PQP posts?
a couple of days, I will get a new datapoint this weekend
Old Mar 19, 2022, 4:54 am

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
a couple of days, I will get a new datapoint this weekend
Thanks. My itinerary finished on Wednesday, the upgrade PQP haven’t posted yet.
Old Mar 21, 2022, 7:53 am

Just an update, PQP from miles+cash upgrade still hasn't posted as of this morning (5 days after completion of itinerary).
Old Mar 21, 2022, 11:37 am

Just an update, PQP from miles+cash upgrade still hasn't posted as of this morning (5 days after completion of itinerary).
My (all) cash upgrade fee PQP from this weekend / 48 hours has posted.
SPN Lifer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.